Éver Banega

Glasgow_Saint

Like I said, he works hard and puts a shift in, and did put in some great displays against the better sides. I just don't think he is as effective against teams that sit on the edge of their own box and look for counter attacks as his play in the final third lacks quality.

In that respect, I would say that most of the team, not just Davis wre guilty of that. Sometimes we looked slow and laboured. His game is more suited to a more open game, but he does win a lot of balls, and uses it well.

I agree with a previous post, I reckon if Banega signs, Ramirez could be on his way. Would be a shame, because I reckon he'll come good. But I'm not sure how settled he is here.

Davis is a Good honest pro for us. Hardworking with no little skill and a great attitude. Not blessed with pace. Tenacious in tackling and skilful at it too- unlike GR. But Not on same class level as Ramirez for technique and on the ball skill- but better stamina and strength I think- mental strength especially. You can see why he is international captain material plus at Rangers. Like them both but just my honest opinion Ramirez is a Different league- higher that is.

I think Davis has got a bit more ability than some give him credit for. He can manipulate the ball quite nicely in tight area's and is always pretty consistent with his passing.

Lacks the pace and power to drive through the middle though, but more than good enough as a steady option in CM.

Why don't you apply the same logic to Ramirez? Someone who is 6 years younger, foreign, had a family bereavement, serious injury and hadn't played in the Premier League before.

I am quitting the Gaston bashing, he deserves another season to prove his worth..... Youre right, as are others on this point

Davis was at the best solid. But from someone playing in such a forward situation and rarely threat the oppositions defense is not great.

2 goals and 1 assist. 7 (!!) shots on goal in a whole season....(32 games)

Yep, that's the sum of it. He's neat and tidy and a good pro but pretty uninspiring.

Ladies and gents, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just pulled this interview from a Spanish website. Banega appears to be happy at Valencia and relishing the start of the new season. And something about raisins.

http://deportes.terra.com.mx/futbol/banega-me-dieron-muchas-oportunidades-aqui-y-es-el-momento-de-devolverlo,b71de7c8562ff310VgnCLD2000000dc6eb0aRCRD.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Banega: "I was given many opportunities here and it's time to return"

Ever Banega, Valencia's Argentine midfielder, said today that it is time to return to the court all the love and the opportunities it has given the Mestalla club since joining the organization.

"I am very grateful that I have been given much love, many opportunities and it was time to return it in style on the court", said in a television interview the club, in which he was proud to be part of Valencia .

"We are proud to be part of Valencia. Wear many here, I know him well and really mark you. Marks a style, you mark in life. Raisins to be one of them," admitted the player who is next to rest of the team focused on the town of Speyer germany.

The midfielder said he faces this new season "with the same enthusiasm and the same illusion." He also recalled that one of the longest serving players in the template "and is proud to be one of the oldest at 25 years."

Banega also analyzed the bench arrival Miroslav Djukic team and said that after seeing "how to play a team like Valladolid, now in Valencia, where he has great players with great quality, you will not have any problem that's grab the way we want to play. "

The Argentine player acknowledged that is a disappointment not to play the Champions League but stressed that "we will bet all because with the players we have been, who are and the quarry was a nice group."

"With the squad we have, we deserve a title" Banega said he hopes to display as a group "united and special" and expressed his desire that his fellow Fede Cartabia, with which the interview, take the leap definitely the reserves to the first team as it has done this preseason.

"He's doing very well and have to make the most.'s Young and has to fight hard to stay with us," Banega, who explained that he sees "like a brother" and gives many tips.

"I try to support him at all times because I happened to live that too when I was young and one would like to be tucked in the greatest," he recalled.

Cartabia, meanwhile, acknowledged that Banega help much. "He always tells me to do this and not do the other," he said and said he hoped to learn "in their quality and their style of play."

In addition, he was very grateful to the treatment that has given Djukic. "From the first day he said he was quiet, it's one more. In sports I am very happy because I have been given the opportunity and I try to make the most," he said.

Cartabia, 20-year-old from Santa Fe, said that the company reached "very small, with 13 years, and I got much love, I was treated very well," and now want to return this deal from the first team.

"Hopefully I can return it playing in the first team, with many years in the Valencia and giving titles," he said.

Edited by Toon Saint

Not saying it´s either way but that looks like a pretty standard interview with standard answers.

Imagine if Soldado goes, do Banega want to stay then?

And Valencia want to either cash in this summer or have a contract extension so one of those two options is bound to happen imo.

Do we really need Banega? Undoubtedly a quality player, but we look strong enough in midfield following the signing of Wanyama. Think it's essential to get another striker to get us some goals.

Yeh but that striker needs 3 attacking midfielders/wide men/inside forwards etc... which is where we are lacking at the moment!

Do we really need Banega? Undoubtedly a quality player, but we look strong enough in midfield following the signing of Wanyama. Think it's essential to get another striker to get us some goals.

Need as much creativity as possible. Squad is light in creative options IMO.

Can't have too much strength in depth. Plus there's a possibility that Gaston might be off.

I would imagine we're simultaneously trying to sign a striker as well.

Can't have too much strength in depth. Plus there's a possibility that Gaston might be off.

I would imagine we're simultaneously trying to sign a striker as well.

Disagree with that. Good players are never happy to not be playing (except those running their contracts down Bogarde-style).

"We are proud to be part of Valencia. Wear many here, I know him well and really mark you. Marks a style, you mark in life. Raisins to be one of them," admitted the player who is next to rest of the team focused on the town of Speyer germany.

Although the word pasas can be the noun "raisins", in this case it is a conjugation of the verb "pasar", and is being used in the sense "you become one of them" (Pasas a ser uno de ellos)... as in, you become a Valencian. He is saying he feels he is now one of them.

Pero va a pasar a ser uno de nosotros, un santo, te lo digo ;-)

Although the word pasas can be the noun "raisins", in this case it is a conjugation of the verb "pasar", and is being used in the sense "you become one of them" (Pasas a ser uno de ellos)... as in, you become a Valencian. He is saying he feels he is now one of them.

Pero va a pasar a ser uno de nosotros, un santo, te lo digo ;-)

Excellent skills. I doff my proverbial hat to you, Sir.

On the last point, I bleeding hope so.

Oh ok then, we better make sure we have bad players in the reserves, don't rotate the squad and hope no one gets tired or injured!

You said you can't have too much strength in depth, which I disagree with as I think if you have too many good players not playing then it can affect the spirit in the camp.

One of Ferguson's attributes was his ability to keep his decent squad players happy and therefore maintain good strength in depth (with the possible exception of Berbatov). In my opinion, Man City have not done so well in that regard and that discontent has come to the surface on a few occasions.

If you meant to say we should have good strength in depth, then I would agree. There has to be a balance though.

Little update on this. Apparently Valencia have to raise €15 - 20m net in funds before the end of the transfer window and that includes after purchasing replacements (they don't have the quality in the existing squad to come in and fill in gaps in the first team). Plus in Spain transfers can be complicated with often significant portions of fees going to parties other than the selling club. So it is very much game on for the big sale at the Mestalla.

Valencia continue to be linked to €3-5m signings in all three phases of the pitch as it doesn't appear any member of their team is untouchable. Rami has apparently refused to play in a friendly against Stuttgart in case he gets injured which has angered their fans and means he may be closer to the exit door than others at this moment in time. Valencia are desperately looking to offload squad players on big wages (like Piatti) however they are struggling a little because just about every club in the world is aware of their predicament (very hard to keep anything quiet in Spain, though Valencia's fight against debt is an annual thing anyway which would be newsworthy if it wasn't occurring rather than the other way around).

However, that said, Banega does not appear to be linked with a proper exit from the club other than the articles already posted on here and the fans certainly aren't talking about him leaving either. He'll have his price though, I've no doubt about that. And if there is one part of the pitch Valencia could probably absorb a loss, it is midfield.

Well I imagine Soldado will go for about €25M and Rami for about €10-15M so that's €35-40M right there!...

Enough money there to buy a few replacements and still be left with €15-20M without selling Banega

But you're right of course- if a decent offer comes in they will most likely sell him

Having wasted some time surfing the valencia fans forum and reading all 31 pages of their transfer gossip I have discovered the following:

http://www.valenciacf.me/thread/495/transfer-rumours-close-season-2013

1. They ****ed themselves laughing when our "bid" of 9 Million was suggested for Banega.

2. The rate Banega as the 3rd best midfielder in the La Liga behind Xavi & Iniesta when he is fit (i.e not running over himself)

3. As Dello suggests they are obsessed about someone buying Soldado for 25mil, although that seems steep for a 28yr old.

4. They need 14mil apparently to balance the books.

5. They calling Athletico Madrid, Pathetico hahah

6. They rate Gio Dos Santos !!

Looking at some of the players that their club has produced part of me wishes we could pay them the 14 mill to lock in a partnership (a la Spurs/Madrid) but the 14mil gives us a 1st option clause for 5yrs or something for the players at their club and their debt gets wiped.

Probably against regulations but some of the players that have played for them:

Mata/Silva/Villa/Isco/Banega/Soldado/Rami/Mendiata/Claudio Lopez/Kiko Gonzalez/Aimar/Ayala

Just realised I am probably ITK, I posted the below on 11th May, way before we got linked.

11-05-2013, 04:37 PM #490 Convict Colony

May 2007

District 9 - Joburg

Can't be arsed to read the previous 10 pages sorry but incase no one has given him a shout I am going for a Steve Davis upgrade that can also fill Gaston's role whilst also having good defensive discipline.

He's Argentinian, he's 25yrs old, played in the champions league and is at a club that sells and he is excellent at final 3rd balls and is one of the most improved players this year in europe.

He's Ever Banega.

Profile - http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/y77ziy...us-Ever-Banega

Most improved (Jay at 7th)- http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/yw6_q7...n-Form-in-2013

Doesn't sound good:

The Argentina international, who has been no stranger to controversy since arriving at Mestalla, believes los Che have a squad capable of lifting a trophy

Ever Banega has expressed his desire to repay all of the support Valencia have shown in him by helping them win a title this season.

The Argentine has suffered with injury problems during his time at Mestalla - including an ankle problem after being run over by his own car - but he is determined to bring los Che the success he feels the club deserves.

“I am grateful that I have had so much affection, so many chances and it is time to return it in style on the pitch,” Banega told VCFPlay, his club's official TV channel.

“I am proud to be a part of Valencia. I have spent a while here, I know the place very well and it really leaves a mark on you.

“There’s a style, it marks you for life. You become one of them.

“I face this season with the same enthusiasm and ambition as previous ones. I am proud to be one of the oldest here at 25.

“With the squad that we have here, we deserve to win a title.”

Banega, who has been capped 19 times by his country, joined Valencia from Boca Juniors in 2008 for a reported fee of €20 million Bloody hell !!

Its a bit of a paradox as creative options mean bugger all if there is noone uptop to pass to

Yup, think I'd rather have a team of turgid workers and a mobile creative genius goal-machine up front than a superb pressing and possession-keeping team with no finishing ability.