Éver Banega

Glasgow_Saint

I think the main aspect in Banegas game they want is his passing ability and one to play that through pass.

Spider and Cork has a tendency to play around the opposition out wide to full backs or the wide midfielder. They rarely play that through pass on the feet of Lambert or Gaston in the spece between oppositions defenders and midfielders.

Yeah Banega is a pass master but more importantly one tough guy to get the ball off. He is awesome at dribbling and drawing in fouls in key areas. This video of him in just one game pretty much sums up his game

If we get him I would be so shocked.

The one i want is the striker. SRL is our leader but we definitely need another bomber. Absolute priority. Going into the season with just SRL - or Jrod as the alternate - ( i do not consider mayuka as the same type of attacking player) is inadequate for the way we propose to play in the EPL.

anyone get the feeling we're not going to play with much width next season? And the majority of the width will be provided by the full backs?

A lot of us saw a winger as a priority in the summer, but that's not on anyone's radar by the looks of it.

I think you're right.

I can remember the "support 3" all interchanging positions vs Reading away. No-one had fixed positions when we attacked.

I love the fact that we can play so many different ways (if we sign the players we are linked with).

Its going to give the opposition something to really think about.

Banega is a very interesting player. I said this in the transfer thread at the start of the summer when he was first linked, but he is very creative without operating in the final third of the pitch. He carries the ball well, draws players towards him, and creates openings for others. He is a very important link between the middle third and the final third without being a player who necessarily creates too many assists. He facilitates the starts of moves and the fact he can carry the ball as well will be a massive help against teams that sit back and defend against us when we play at home. He'll lose the ball sometimes, maybe frustrate, but that little bit of unpredictability is starting to become important in the game as teams become so much more tactically aware and keep shape well.

And give us an even tougher selection conundrum in midfield as there'd be one less place to fill.

True, just thinking about where we will get our width from given the players we are linked with. Tough ask for Clyne and Shaw to do it from further back all the time.

True, just thinking about where we will get our width from given the players we are linked with. Tough ask for Clyne and Shaw to do it from further back all the time.

In Saints' 4-2-3-1 last season a lot of the width came from Clyne and Shaw playing very high up the pitch, when they push forwards Cork and Schneiderlin cover them.

The not away from home absence of width in attack due to lack of fb overlaps was due to being under pressure lising possession and the fb's holding defensive positions. I hope by strengthening our MF with VW we might have more latitude to attack from deep if usual DM,s can cover better.

The not away from home absence of width in attack due to lack of fb overlaps was due to saints being under pressure losing possession and the fb's forced into holding more defensive positions. I hope by strengthening our MF with VW we might have more latitude to attack from deep if usual DM,s can cover better.

Think we should lay this one to rest now, he isn't signing well not for us anyway

Where's that from?

The latest update from yesterday suggests that we have ''accelerated'' our interest, contacts are being drawn up and that he's our priority whilst in spain.

Where's that from?

The latest update from yesterday suggests that we have ''accelerated'' our interest, contacts are being drawn up and that he's our priority whilst in spain.

Just ignore this one, he doesn't have a clue what he's on about, never has and never will.

To be honest, I have no idea who is serious and who isn't on here these days. Everyone is beginning to merge into one.

Tell me about it! Too many fish on here these days which the mods don't appear to be overly fussed about.

Rather than the hassle, I just use my 3 a day now...

Valencia Newspaper from tomorrow saying Pochettino is close to persuading Banega to join.

LINK: http://ipressreview.kantarmedia2.es/ficheroExterno/home3/news/data/201307/20130714/100540/75031170.pdf

Rough Translation:

The character  Ever Banega

Pochettino is about to take him to Southampton

operation seemed utopian to a month ago, when the news broke, but now looks set to become a reality

Mauricio Pochettino is very close to convince his com-patriot Ever Banega to join their project in Southampton. The news of interest to the England squad by taking the services of Argentine midfielder capped the des-ago newspaper 'The Sun'. The financial offer was tempting for Valencia, ten million by the traspa-

your game can help to jump Southampton AC-ability you need to rub shoulders with the greats of the Premier. The Argentine coach has committed in England by the same possession football and used combination in the league and that caught the attention of the directors of Southampton. Banega fit seamlessly into the game plan and it seems that the Argentine and see with better eyes English football option. For Valencia, that ten million remain a proposal to take into account, so that at the time that the player give the nod to the transfer, it will be effective.

In parallel, the Valencia coach Miroslav Djukic-parrot is a very positive

Caparros: "We supply the money

lift Levante's new coach, Gio Joaqu sports management capacity of cl make noise and get what money imagination. Go with the heel of three or four million that has merit is signing players I'm happy with what you get. We need some time the brand r sports management. " ORT satisfied template that have confecc bearing is find people with the letter of release in the profile. In the first week a group working m very bias and football to please his new coach, of course "

so. The player, however, did not seem very receptive. Call at a club in mid-table in the Premier Le-ague not convinced and the matter had overtones of utopia.

The former coach of Espanyol, however, not stopped trying and a month later, the transfer can be a reality. Pochettino co-noce to the characteristics Banega techniques to perfection and is convinced

and that your game can help to give the Southampton-quality jump you need to rub shoulders with the greats of the Premier. The Argentine coach has committed in England by the same possession football and used combination in the league and that caught the attention of the directors of Southampton. Banega fit seamlessly into the game plan and it seems that the Argentine and see with better eyes English football option. For Valencia, that ten million remain a proposal to take into account, so that at the time that the player give the nod to the transfer, it will be effective.

In parallel, the Valencia coach Miroslav Djukic-parrot is a very positive way the arrival of Oriol Romeu, the young midfielder made the ranks at Barça ce arriving as measured by Chelsea to cover the gap left by the departure of Da - vid Albelda. "There comes forward and power and physi-music-fensiva capacity we will go very well," said the Serbian coach, who praised the pre-arrangement of Ro-meu Oriol to call at Month-size: "We know that has made an effort to come here, because I had other offers and we appreciate this. "

Thats a lot of midfield options. Hope to christ Schneiderlin is staying.

If this comes off though surely someone will leave ?

It has made me wonder if the rumours in the Spanish press about Sociadad wanting Morgan may have something more to it (they have $40m euro to play with now to replace their star CM)

I doubt they do, and we will just have lots of options. But it does make you a little nervous!

It has made me wonder if the rumours in the Spanish press about Sociadad wanting Morgan may have something more to it (they have $40m euro to play with now to replace their star CM)

I doubt they do, and we will just have lots of options. But it does make you a little nervous!

Different players I think. Banega if we signed him would be the link between the attack and midfield. I think it's more Davis who would struggle to get a game.

Very, very unlikely that Schneiderlin will be sold. Plus, Im not sure those rumours were ever in the Spanish press, seemed made up on Twitter by some 12 year old UEFA agent to me.

God I hope not. Love Morgan! He's the heartbeat of our side.

Different players I think. Banega if we signed him would be the link between the attack and midfield. I think it's more Davis who would struggle to get a game.

Very, very unlikely that Schneiderlin will be sold. Plus, Im not sure those rumours were ever in the Spanish press, seemed made up on Twitter by some 12 year old UEFA agent to me.

Unlikely definately, I just cant see why, right now, we would need another CM. We have 3 v good CM's and arguably (for our level) two decent backups

Unlikely definately, I just cant see why, right now, we would need another CM. We have 3 v good CM's and arguably (for our level) two decent backups

Does seem slightly overkill as you say, but looking at it another way........we have an opportunity to sign a current CM for Argentina, who is 25 years old, for less than £8m. That's just isnane and we see it as an opportunity too good to pass up I'd think.

Makes you wonder why the hell other clubs aren't linked though, at that price he will be the bargain of the decade.

wouldnt believe a word transfers to be says, claimed earlier on in the window that rickie was off to villa to join up with his dad paul! on the banega side of things, wouldnt suprise me to see jwp go on loan or perhaps davis leave, he only signed a 3 yr deal didnt he?

A change of formation to 4-3-3 maybe? Although I've said before I can see us playing a fluid 4-2-2-2 system with 2 defensive midfielders and two attacking ones with free roles.

There is no way Sociedad will splash the money and buy Schneiderlin.

First off, their biggest signing ever is in the £4m bracket. We all know that Cortese would never sell for less than £15m (or even that perhaps).

Sociedad got a lot of money from Illaramendi yes but they wont splash it on one player. They have a policy to buy cheap and try to sell expensive that wont change over a night. Those money they got will keep them financed 3-5 yrs now and what they achieve with their policy is quite admirable.

Banega for under £10m is a coup and it´s like it been said probably Davis that will find hard to get his place in the team.

Good article- think MP wants all-purpose CMs. In Wanyama, Morgan and possibly Banega, we'd genuinely have three players who don't rolling their sleeves up and also provide a threat going forward.

Banega is a rare breed - a creative player who will chase and close as well as any journeyman grafter.

That midfield would be one of the best in the league.

There is no way Sociedad will splash the money and buy Schneiderlin.

First off, their biggest signing ever is in the £4m bracket. We all know that Cortese would never sell for less than £15m (or even that perhaps).

Sociedad got a lot of money from Illaramendi yes but they wont splash it on one player. They have a policy to buy cheap and try to sell expensive that wont change over a night. Those money they got will keep them financed 3-5 yrs now and what they achieve with their policy is quite admirable.

Banega for under £10m is a coup and it´s like it been said probably Davis that will find hard to get his place in the team.

Our biggest signing was £4m until just over a year ago!