Éver Banega

Glasgow_Saint

The "project" is code for " I'm being paid a lot a lot of money, and that is why i am prepared to take that money and see if the big ideas of this relatively unknown but now wealthy club can come to something in the next few years, but if it doesn't I am made for life anyway so I've nothing to lose".

A lot of journalists and fans (our own and further afield) would do well to take note of exactly that.

I know you need to be careful with Youtube videos but he does genuinely look to be a league above any of our current players.

----------Morgan-------Banega---------

------------------Ramirez---------------

Would comfortably be a top 4 midfield IMO but the overall effect of the team would depend on who is in front of them. We would probably need to upgrade Lambert and Lallana to get the most out of them.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/02/12/3742263/from-late-night-parties-to-running-over-his-own-foot-the

Another article highlighting Banega's off the field antics, probably goes a long way to explain why the proposed fee is so low given his talent. Not to mention Valencia's poor financial situation, which will likely get worse without CL money coming in to prop them up.

He sounds hilarious - we have to sign him!

2 is hardly 'stacking'. I also doubt that some blustering by the Argentinian government over some sheep filled islands is going to upset a playboy footballer.

But it may not just be blustering by the Argentinian government that could rock the boat is it ? A few choice headlines in the tabloids, being abused week in week out at away fixtures etc etc. Views expressed in the dressing room and so on.

Although a bit more than blustering in 1982 it was enough for Ardiles, who otherwise seemed a level headed bloke rather than a playboy footballer,(or "bellend") to move away.

We just signed a Croatian should we have avoided it in case the Balkans kicks off again. Perhaps we should avoid signing Germans, perhaps Morgan is a risk in case Napoleon is resurrected, no Italians in case the Romans invade, Spanish are risky as well, the Scots may invade again soon I guess, so thats Danny Fox out (OK so some positives). You really are incredible.

Oh, yawn. Utterly ridiculous analogies. Have you forgotten the abuse Ardilles and Villa got after being massively popular before hand ? Ossie stuck it out, but Ricky left.

Oh, yawn. Utterly ridiculous analogies. Have you forgotten the abuse Ardilles and Villa got after being massively popular before hand ? Ossie stuck it out, but Ricky left.

He didn't stay through it though, if memory is correct. He joined PSG or someone on loan and returned to Spurs some while after hostilities had finished. He never had the same popularity afterwards though.

Banega is a quality player and would be a huge signing for us. He could play in any of the top teams in Europe.

Which is why I just can't see it happening. Unless he is offered a mad stack of cash of course!

But if it did happen it would take us to the next level. Maybe Cortese thinks we need a star signing this summer that would make other players/clubs start to take us and our vision more seriously.

Maybe if he joins MP can get him to act a bit more 'Saintly' ;)

Reports bid lodged plus Hooper linked again plus claims Saints have £30m to spend.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-place-ever-banega-bid-1956592?

The 'Hooper thing' is just to make Uncle Les think he has some residual importance, won't sign him of course, Hull or Reading for him if he goes anywhere.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Dull stat. Pochettino and Gazzaniga were born in the same town, Murphy, which has only 3,000 inhabitants. Banega was born 20 miles from there and Ramirez 100. Kind of suggests Gazzaniga was not an Adkins signing.

Its not a dull stat at all. Its a corroborative fact which might influence the decision. It means that Mopo was probably a "local hero" to someone like Ever and Gazza as kids. To be signed up by your "local hero" is special and might make a lot of difference to their choice of who to play for. There is life after football and so when they go back to the hometown its likely they will be even more feted because of the connection with Mopo than otherwise.

and when shouted by our supporters we will all be done for racially abusing any coloured gentlemen in the opposition team and get points deducted and banned.

Ahem, I don't think you're allowed to say "coloureds" these days.

He's right about that "have a banana" though, quite catchy too :p

Looks like the bastard love child of Michael Jackson and Brad Pitt with a Chris Waddle mullet. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

ever-banega-hairstyles2.jpg

and what do you look like?.......... tom hardy i'm assuming ;)

He looks amazing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEcZAtjkIZI

fingers crossed

Judging by that he might well be better than Skacel or De Ridder...!

Also judging by that (and more seriously) I would be incredibly shocked (to the point of delirious delight) if we sign him... at least until we discover that for all his all-round potential in practice he is woefully inconsistent and rarely performs to that standard! However, I think it has got to be a mere pipe dream - surely?!

If he really is as good as that video suggests (and there is certainly enough evidence on there to suggest that those were not just isolated lucky moments) then I really do hope that MC will astound us and pull-off what could be our greatest signing since Keegan! :)

Alex Crook obviously has some sources, but Journalists are only told what the clubs want to tell them (ie the sfc media team).

I once had a "debate" with him about Rickies strike away to Man City. Alex said it was a "solo" goal..... I thought that was utter horse ****. Alex stuck to his guns which suggests to me he know **** all about football. Probably a public school toff who played rugger and daddy put him through school.

Alex Crook obviously has some sources, but Journalists are only told what the clubs want to tell them (ie the sfc media team).

I once had a "debate" with him about Rickies strike away to Man City. Alex said it was a "solo" goal..... I thought that was utter horse ****. Alex stuck to his guns which suggests to me he know **** all about football. Probably a public school toff who played rugger and daddy put him through school.

I sat next to him at the home game against Man Utd (bar the thin partition between media and fans) and he was fist-pumping every time Utd scored.

Wow! Exactly what we need in midfield. Some of those passes are ridiculous. Fingers crossed.

That is a very good vid and demo of why he could be a very good fit for Saints. We've lacked a bit of bite in the final third, and that's often because defences have far too much time to organise themselves, often because our boys are kicking it back and forth to each other just outside the area.

The man can deliver a ball well, doesn't seem afraid to shoot and seems very comfortable on the ball and winning it. Would fit with MPs pressing game nicely too.