Éver Banega

Glasgow_Saint

Can't believe this could happen. Seen him play a lot and he's top class, thought he'd be miles out of our league. What a signing he'd be. Rather him than Wanyama but seems maybe we want both. Would have absolutely brilliant CM options, ridiculous to say, but better than most the league.

Mainly excited as just how well Banega, Morgan, Cork as a three would keep possession. We're already good at it, Banega seems to fit right in.

My wish/hope is that if we can attract this guy, he might be friends with Soldado and able to drag him along too!

This ^

Now we're after Frederik Sorenson supposedly, I can't keep up with this. If they all sign on none of us will recognise our team next season.

Chants of "Who are You?" from the Northam will be in order when the teams are read out.

Weren't we linked with him in the january transferwindow as well?

Means nowt really. We were linked with Jeremain Lens two windows in a row (who I would still love if we could get and a major HCDAJFU) and absolutely nothing materialised.

We'd have to buy Lens from Kiev now, would cost a pretty penny as he's only just signed there. Same stumbling block as with most of our targets...we aren't in the CL or even the Europa League. Becoming football's Catch 22 situation, you can't get good players unless you're in the CL and you can't get into the CL unless you can get good players. Players will accept rubbish clubs to play in the CL seemingly.

Edited by Window Cleaner

What does the article say? My daft computer won't accept it.

Days ago Mauricio Pochettino, coach of the Southampton, had opened the doors to a possible arrival Ever Banega, confirming the interest in the Valencia midfielder. There has been a noticeable breakthrough, Banega is in the spotlight and new contacts are recorded. Cortese and Pochettino consider it a priority.

Not sure where he would fit? Competition for the no 10 role?

Should imagine just more competition for the current Cork-Spiderman positions.

Davis I suspect will be competing with Ramirez for the No 10 slot with Ward-Prowse/Schneiderlin pushing into that role on occasion?

What does the article say? My daft computer won't accept it.

Days ago Mauricio Pochettino, coach of the Southampton, had opened the doors to a possible arrival Ever Banega, confirming the interest in the Valencia midfielder. There has been a noticeable breakthrough, Banega is in the spotlight and new contacts are recorded. Cortese and Pochettino consider it a priority.

Davis I suspect will be competing with Ramirez for the No 10 slot with Ward-Prowse/Schneiderlin pushing into that role on occasion?

Banega virtually always plays in a more advanced role than a defensive midfielder.

I can see some variations of the front 6.

Spider - Wanyama

Jrod - Banega - Gaston

Lambert/New striker

Spider - Wanyama

Banega - Lambert - Gaston

New Striker

We wouldn´t have players that beat their defender out wide but not sure MP is looking for that. I think he want Clyne and Shaw to participate and coming down the flanks. In both formations the 3 would do a lof of interchanging and I can also see Banega take a step down with Spider moing forward.

The two wide players in the 3 would be cutting in a lot but also do the interchanging in the game....

Very harsh on Cork though but he will get his games too.

If we have the opportunity to bring in a player of Banega´s class it would be stupid to not do it.....

Obviously don't know how ITK their source is, but interesting to see they believe we consider it a priority.

I think the main aspect in Banegas game they want is his passing ability and one to play that through pass.

Spider and Cork has a tendency to play around the opposition out wide to full backs or the wide midfielder. They rarely play that through pass on the feet of Lambert or Gaston in the spece between oppositions defenders and midfielders.

You have heard we've signed Wanyama?

anyone get the feeling we're not going to play with much width next season? And the majority of the width will be provided by the full backs?

A lot of us saw a winger as a priority in the summer, but that's not on anyone's radar by the looks of it.

anyone get the feeling we're not going to play with much width next season? And the majority of the width will be provided by the full backs?

A lot of us saw a winger as a priority in the summer, but that's not on anyone's radar by the looks of it.

I think we may play 433

With little back up in at full back we're going to be asking for a ridiculous amount from Clyne and Shaw next season.