Éver Banega

Glasgow_Saint

Judging by the YouTube clip he looks a skillful player who likes to play with pacy strikers up front, not really our current style unless we get a speed merchant up front.

However the picture makes him look like he's on 10 pints and 40 cigs a day.

After watching the YouTube clip is he Seriously good enough for us?

****ing right he is, get him in whatever the costs, him, Lallana & Gaston will take the ****.

But not in the team at the same time perhaps ? Too many "violinists" to use Lawrie's phrase.

Have Valencia accepted the offer or are they considering it/waiting for others etc? Do they actually want to sell, does he actually want to leave?

So many questions!

Valencia are a selling club these days. The only real question would be would he come to us.

Who is EyeFootball to have any reliable information? Might be a 16yr-old in his bedroom....

Undoubtedly a brilliant player who could transform Saint's midfield but there is the risk that off the field antics could cancel out the benefit unless he's begun growing up.

Same article also says that MoPo played against Banega 'a few years ago'. Given he retired in 2006, and Banega didn't feature in the Boca side until 2007 I'd say that is highly unlikely.

Same guy who wrote the article also has another article saying 'Sunderland boss Laudrup set for showdown talks'. LOL

He looks a class act, only slight problem could be his off field antics which hopefully he will grow out of.

i would love to see him in, hope we can pull this one off.

Him and Boruc could be a right pair.

hmmm, I always cautious when watching youtube vids... I wonder if it would be possible to make one for Johnno-quick of Fourpast and make them look amazing... there's a challenge for the more technically savvy amongst you

Ignore the youtube clip then, all over reports and accounts indicate that he is a top player,

hmmm, I always cautious when watching youtube vids... I wonder if it would be possible to make one for Johnno-quick of Fourpast and make them look amazing... there's a challenge for the more technically savvy amongst you

I've just spent some of my lunch watching a few different videos... not just a highlights reel, but footage from individual games from last season, against Real Madrid, Sociedad and others (http://www.youtube.com/user/yirapa8/videos) There are clearly not going to be match-winning moments in all of them but you can see the quality he has, his tireless workrate, his skill on the ball, his vision and more in all of them. He looks an excellent players to me, no question.

Love some of the comments under some of the vids too, like this one:

Hope he doesn't go to England. That ****ty league would ruin him and be a waste of his talents. Players like him and Veron are too advanced for the tactical ineptness of that league. Maybe he would flourish at City under Pellegrini though...

hes got a point.

Quite possibly, although to write off the league as a whole is a bit harsh. There are clearly some very good footballing sides in the EPL, but I would agree that the Spanish league (and others) is technically and tactically superior across ALL teams in the league... there aren't as many (any?) Stoke's or QPR's in La Liga.

for me the warning signals are when the same goal gets played over and over again from different angles and at different points in the same video, while the rest of it is the player losing the ball and shooting over/wide

basically a steve de ridder video.

Wow! Exactly what we need in midfield. Some of those passes are ridiculous. Fingers crossed.

Anyone know who the No. 10 is in most of those clips? He seems to have a great understanding with him - sign them both I say!

Yes it´s Mata.

I saw some spanish journo tell it like this.

You want to know how Mata scored all those goals?

The answer was one word..... Banega.

Agreed.

Based on the youtube clips we may as well get the trio and pinch Silva from City.

That translation is more confusing than normal.

I think it says Inter want him, but Valencia will probably reject their offer as they can't afford to pay upfront due to their own poor financial situation.

EDIT: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fichajes.com%2Fserie-a%2Fvalencia-se-acerca-una-propuesta-por-ever-banega_59501

slightly more coherent translation, suggests Inter want a loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.

Edited by MOSaint

That translation is more confusing than normal.

I think it says Inter want him, but Valencia will probably reject their offer as they can't afford to pay upfront due to their own poor financial situation.

EDIT: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fichajes.com%2Fserie-a%2Fvalencia-se-acerca-una-propuesta-por-ever-banega_59501

slightly more coherent translation, suggests Inter want a loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.

They'd obviously prefer our cash-up-front offer - but Banega would obviously prefer Inter.

They'd obviously prefer our cash-up-front offer - but Banega would obviously prefer Inter.

Well, that's a given. I guess Inter are banking on the idea that now they've binned their manager (who was useless) they'll finish top 3 next season and be able to use CL money to bankroll the deal next summer.