Everton 2 Saints 1 reaction

Glasgow_Saint

I thought we didn't get what we deserved today and football can do that sometimes. Thought we were very good today. Unsure why AL was not captain though. Everton are good defensively but I didn't see much to why they should be challenging for fourth TBH.

Overall okay performance. Everton dealt well with our pressing game and when they didnt (gave the ball away near the penalty area) we failed to capitalise.

Highlights: Gaston excellent when he came on, Lallana had some nice moments, Chambers/Shaw looked good as well. Think we missed Schneiderlin a lot.

Lowlights: Lambert and Rodriguez struggled to get into the game, JWP shouldnt have let Coleman turn inside him and maybe we switched off a bit for the 2nd goal.

For Chelsea game;

IN: Gaston, Morgan, Clyne, Osvaldo

OUT: Davis, JWP, Chambers, Lambert

Should have won that, story of last season really. Play well, dominate, but gift goals. Not sure what was up with Shaw today, but he wasn't on his game - and the same could be said of JWP, odd that we left him on. The substitution of Cork for Gaston opened up the midfield, which is why Lukaku scored - Cork would have been there cleaning up otherwise, and so would have Morgan. We missed him today.

Overall, a good performance, but another of those classic ''what could have been'' games. Bit of a rubbish game from Lambert, we lack potency and threat up top if we're honest. A Lukaku type figure would finish this team.

Possession of the football does not equate to being the better team.. Everton are more potent in the final third, which is why we need to either play Ramirez or buy an equivalent.

Rodriguez was poor today and so we had no threat in their penalty box.

Still, we are a top ten side so that's progress.

As soon as I heard Clattenberg was Ref I just knew the illegitimate son of a spinster would not do us any favours. A 100% hand ball and still he missed it.We should have had at least one point indeed,possibly all three. Not happy to have lost this because we played well. Bring on Chelski and we'll do them.

PS. Who's the Ref?

Posting post match thread b4 final whistle, what a joker you are, or does being the one to post it mean that much to you?

The wrong team lost. Oh well we are young and will keep getting better, Everton will lose and can't replace lukaku and have no money. We will be better than them soon enough. :)

Gaston did well yet again. Mots of highly stupid cards that we picket up but was good enough for a pen at the end for me. Also lallana had a run a few minutes before that where he is pulled down from behind by barkley on the edge of the box, utterly missed on my stream and Everton got a freekick soon after.

Mind you, we shouldn't moan about decisions for our ability not to win. Poor poor defending for second goal and another from a break down chambers side.

Deserved a point there, referee was a ****ing bottle job.

Disappointed that it took us until the 75th minute to realise that their keeper was ****e, he really should have done better for our goal but fair play to Gaston, it had power and movement in it.

Didn't agree with MP's taking Cork off, JWP was having a mare and should have gone off instead.

Overall okay performance. Everton dealt well with our pressing game and when they didnt (gave the ball away near the penalty area) we failed to capitalise.

Highlights: Gaston excellent when he came on, Lallana had some nice moments, Chambers/Shaw looked good as well. Think we missed Schneiderlin a lot.

Lowlights: Lambert and Rodriguez struggled to get into the game, JWP shouldnt have let Coleman turn inside him and maybe we switched off a bit for the 2nd goal.

For Chelsea game;

IN: Gaston, Morgan, Clyne, Osvaldo

OUT: Davis, JWP, Chambers, Lambert

Deserved a point there, referee was a ****ing bottle job.

Disappointed that it took us until the 75th minute to realise that their keeper was ****e, he really should have done better for our goal but fair play to Gaston, it had power and movement in it.

Didn't agree with MP's taking Cork off, JWP was having a mare and should have gone off instead.

reckon MP took him off before he got a 2nd yellow

Should have won that, story of last season really. Play well, dominate, but gift goals. Not sure what was up with Shaw today, but he wasn't on his game - and the same could be said of JWP, odd that we left him on. The substitution of Cork for Gaston opened up the midfield, which is why Lukaku scored - Cork would have been there cleaning up otherwise, and so would have Morgan. We missed him today.

Overall, a good performance, but another of those classic ''what could have been'' games. Bit of a rubbish game from Lambert, we lack potency and threat up top if we're honest. A Lukaku type figure would finish this team.

We need to get away from this Lambert bashing... Rodriguez was poor and hardly in the game.. at least Lambert was involved in our offensive moves

Lots of possession and control but not enough sharpness up front.

Despite not having much possession Everton carved us open when they needed to, got the feeling that if we had scored a 2nd they would have gone up and gotten a 3rd.

We have become tough to break down but in doing so we seem to have also sacrificed quick incisiveness infront of goal.

Everton were too physically strong for us, we got pushed off the ball too easily. Rodriguez, Shaw, JWP and Chambers all looked poor, Davis much more solid then Gazza, Ramirez was outstanding when he came on, the ref was appalling. Disappointing result at a time when we need to start picking up points again.

We need to get away from this Lambert bashing... Rodriguez was poor and hardly in the game.. at least Lambert was involved in our offensive moves

There's no Lambert bashing there, I'm just saying it how it is? Rodrgiuez and Lambert were poor, we lack/lacked potency and threat in the final third. End of post.

My only concern was Lallana, brilliant at times but there were at least 2 occasions where I thought he should have shot but he tried a dummy for the striker on the far side instead.

Agreed but the same could be said for the whole team. At risk of being labelled with trying to "walk the ball into the net".

Our Lukaku guy is supposed to be Osvaldo, i guess...

Everton were too physically strong for us, we got pushed off the ball too easily. Rodriguez, Shaw, JWP and Chambers all looked poor, Davis much more solid then Gazza, Ramirez was outstanding when he came on, the ref was appalling. Disappointing result at a time when we need to start picking up points again.

What? We picked up most second balls - everything was fine until the final third and even there we got into dangerous positions.

There's no Lambert bashing there, I'm just saying it how it is? Rodrgiuez and Lambert were poor, we lack/lacked potency and threat in the final third. End of post.

Yes.. Why on earth Ramirez is not given a run is baffling. MP just does not want to lose the defensive stability provided by the likes of JWP/Davis appears to be the sole reason.

Lallana had his worst game for quite a while, JWP looked well off it, Shaw wasn't great. J-Rod and Rickie struggled to get involved. But despite that we did control a lot of the game, just didn't seem to really create that much.

They're a very niggly team, lots of fouls and breaking our momentum, but they won.

Clattenburg is an embarrassment of a referee. Absolutely shocking. Cant ever remember us winning with him in charge?

Edited by Saint Garrett

Lambert was not bad . I guess some of you like a scapegoat.

A good game when I eventually got to watch it . Though I missed the Everton winner when I lost connection .

As for clattenberg . He and the Lino on the far side were awful . How could he fail not to see that stonewall penalty . But what angered me most was on a couple of occassions clattenberg had a laugh and a joke with Everton players who fouled our players . Is he an Everton fan or just hates saints .