• Schneiderlin
    • Davis, S
    • Lallana
    • Rodriguez
    • Lambert
    • Ramirez
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Do Prado

Adam Lallana scores the winner in the 66nd minute after a beautiful assist from Gastón Ramírez. Boruc with a massive save in injury time.

Good substitutions from Mauricio were important today.

Saints hit 30 points and remain in 9th place.

Seven points ahead of Hull City and Aston Villa in 10th and 11th. Three points behind Newcastle in 8th, who play Man City tomorrow.

Over to you...

I am very pleased. We got our back 5 back, the team will regain confidence in the defence and hopefully will be able to concentrate more on the final third with that assurance. We can't expect to immediately get back to the team that we were before the injuries, and this was a good start back. Hopefully we can do some damage in the FA cup now.

I said before the match that I would be happy with a scrappy win. The points are more important than the performance at this stage and three point should settle the nerves and should help me with my doubts.

Only 10 points to the 40 point mark, can we reach it by mid feb ?

Nervy last few minutes. WBA went balls out to get an equaliser at the end and but for Boruc they would have got one. Other than that they didn't really threaten our defence, so a draw would not have reflected the overall play.

Pleased we won, obviously. Pleased we kept a clean sheet, although it didn't really look like WBA would create anything. But aside from that, we really do need to sort out our attacking options when teams come to park the bus like they did today. Our final balls were very poor today, and we don't seem to have anybody who can hit a cross as speed instead of just lofting them tamely into the box for the opposition defenders to deal with easily.

MOTM - Boruc for the last-ditch save which ensured the win. Great to see him back at last.

Absolutely shocking game - lost count off all the bad passes. The first half we didn't look like we had any teeth in attack. Second half Gaston changed the game.

WBA we crap and we hung on - tells you enough. Lets hope this was a pre Xmas blip in performance

Yup. Main disappointment today was Rickie. A few great hold-ups, but gave the ball away far too often. Apart from that, a fabulous team performance. We really need Osvaldo to come good big time (or Rickie to regain form) and you can see us totally destroying teams. Lallana is incredible, and real signs that Ramirez is capable of being breakthrough player. He's frustrating but amazing when he gets it right.

We have really, really powerful first-choice defense, fantastic ball-winning midfield... and real creativity upfront with Adam (and maybe Gaston). One more little missing piece, and kapow!! My MoM was Morgan. He's a huge, huge contributor to our overwhelming possession stats and was looking dangerous going fwd second half.

A great win against a decent and in form West Brom side. From what I could see of the game on the net it was a close and competitive contest of which we had the better of with regards possession and chances. I think West Brom are a better side than there league position suggests and getting 6 points from them this season is a fantastic return.

As the commentator said - not sure Gaston meant the pass to AL for the goal and aside from that he was again a passenger and the midfield was surrendered inviting pressure onto us once he came on...

He got an assist for the only goal of the game. What more do you want from him?

"We are sleepwalking towards a relegation battle."

"Ramirez is crap."

"We should think about replacing the manager."

"We will be overtaken by Hull, Aston Villa, Swansea and Stoke."

"If we finish on 40 points I'll be delighted."

In all seriousness, good to see us win when not playing well. You could tell the players weren't exactly bristling with confidence when WBA started hoofing it into the box towards the end and we did very nearly concede when they got their first and only real cohesive attack together. Although having said that, we didn't look in any danger at all for a good 80 minutes and completely dominated the midfield.

That win will do us the world of good, the top-half finish beckons, as does the bonus target of winning more games than we lose.

Clappers rejoice as Cortese's plans for Europe are back on track as Saints rewrite the form guide to defeat the Baggies 1-0,

leading MoPo to say "As I predicted, there's one in the eye for all those 'realists' claiming that we need to buy at least 5 quality players to avoid relegation".

Pleased with the result, but not at all impressed with us today, have to improve our game big time. Pleased to see Gaston upping his game, changed it round for us today.

Looking forward to the game against Sunderland, lets show Poyet what Dag and Redbridge can do to them! Anyone know when Wanyama is back?

As the commentator said - not sure Gaston meant the pass to AL for the goal and aside from that he was again a passenger and the midfield was surrendered inviting pressure onto us once he came on...

We were also crying out for some more creativity until he came on. Lots of possession, but only Lallana was capable of making something happen. WBA chasing the game and their subs had more to do with the pressure at the end, IMHO.

Hats off to Boruc for that save though!

just got the result. guess boruc got those points back he promised with that save.

no shocker that we keep a clean sheet with that back 5 playing, regardless of who it was against.

sounds like lambert was off the pace again. which he has been much of the season.

when is ossie back?

Clappers rejoice as Cortese's plans for Europe are back on track as Saints rewrite the form guide to defeat the Baggies 1-0,

leading MoPo to say "As I predicted, there's one in the eye for all those 'realists' claiming that we need to buy at least 5 quality players to avoid relegation".

House

:lol:

On my way home. Possibly the dullest 45 minutes of football in the history of mankind in the first half. Saints almost too patient but more or less in control. Better 2nd half. Exquisite piece of skill from Gaston to set up the goal for Adam. Deserved the win. 30 points. Get in!

On my way home. Possibly the dullest 45 minutes of football in the history of mankind in the first half. Saints almost too patient but more or less in control. Better 2nd half. Exquisite piece of skill from Gaston to set up the goal for Adam. Deserved the win. 30 points. Get in!

Come off the fence, trousers, tell us what you really mean!! ;)

Whilst it was a good save, lets not go crazy, it was an awful shot weakly aimed at the centre of the goal as well. I wouldn't say that makes up for the Arsenal game as I'd expect most capable Prem keepers to have kept it out.

I don't think anyone is actually going crazy. I hope that helps.

good win! boruc is so so so much better than our other two keepers, if KD or gazzaniga were playing i think the ball would have gone through their legs for 1-1. gaston made the difference when brought on, glad to see that slowly but surely he is starting to improve, almost makes me want the rumours regarding him leaving to not be true. but what was up with his choice of hairstyle lol

BTW, not trying to be negative or anything but does anyone agree with my opinion that chambers has a much better delivery of the ball than clyne? clyne's crosses into the box today were frustrating...

Good game, mainly because we won but I thought we outplayed them pretty much but just weren't very efficient in front of goal.

I see that Gaston is buckling down and defending as and when necessary. By the by are those 8 miillion for Lambert still on the table because on his performance today we could be laughing all the way to the bank, slows everything down and loses the ball as consistently as gravity.

After #nipplegate on the match thread I'm relieved to a) still be posting and b) with the much needed 3pts.

I'm of to Sunderland next week so this win should instil a bit more belief as we hopefully continue to emerge from that horrid run of fixtures. They won well today tho and seem to be flying.

After #nipplegate on the match thread I'm relieved to a) still be posting and b) with the much needed 3pts.

I'm of to Sunderland next week so this win should instil a bit more belief as we hopefully continue to emerge from that horrid run of fixtures. They won well today tho and seem to be flying.

You also posted a pic of a man dressed as a nun! Instant ban imho ;)