Benali and Le Tissier welcome anywhere in SMS

Fitzhugh Fella

I was told on Monday that the ex-Saints organisation including Benali and Le Tissier were now welcome to visit any areas of St Marys. Indeed Franny was even rung specifically to inform him. I thought at the time that was a bit of a climb down but it seems the new broom was already at work.

Came just a couple of months to late for the book launch though :(

I was told on Monday that the ex-Saints organisation including Benali and Le Tissier were now welcome to visit any areas of St Marys. Indeed Franny was even rung specifically to inform him. I thought at the time that was a bit of a climb down but it seems the new broom was already at work.

Relaunch. We had two for the Ted Bates statue.

Relaunch. We had two for the Ted Bates statue.

or at the very least put in a new request to the club to stock the book? i would imagine there is a good chance they will do so now

good news on the ex-saints. it is healthy for the club to have good relations with the past

The charm offensive starts then.

And shows some thought processes were at work before yesterday afternoon....

Or.......

Ah so THAT's why NC quit

I could imagine a situation where katrina could look from the outside, see some of these petty things and court cases and not want to put up with it. Not that far fetched.

Nothing like a few snippits of made up spin slipped in eh FF? You should work for a Trade Union.

I would imagine that a) Katherina Liebherr had more pressing things to do yesterday than call Fanny and b) she doesn't have the first clue who he is anyway.

and where does it say she made the call personally?

You sad tw at.

Nothing like a few snippits of made up spin slipped in eh FF? You should work for a Trade Union.

I would imagine that a) Katherina Liebherr had more pressing things to do yesterday than call Fanny (Not sure FF said that KL phoned anyone in person) and b) she doesn't have the first clue who he is anyway (more than likely 100% correct but someone at SMS knows who he is, that is the important bit).

Lets hope there might be a little bit of bridge rebuilding starting!

Wonder if the bad press obtained through the Cortese/MLT/Benai spat came to the attention of the Liebherrs?

I would imagine that a) Katherina Liebherr had more pressing things to do yesterday than call Fanny and b) she doesn't have the first clue who he is anyway.

and where does it say she made the call personally?

Precisely.

when you refer to ex saints organisation . duncan . I hope your not refering to the special ones , as SISA AKA Chorley , mcmillan and co.

Of course he isn't. The ex Saints were completely frozen out by the previous regime, insofar as they actually used website space on the OS at one point (as various other clubs allow) and this relationship was abruptly ended, together with a general arms length approach adopted. As an excellent charitable organisation who more than look after their own (see the Kevin Moore fundraising appeals) this is welcome news, if relatively insignificant in the general scheme of things.

Edited by The Kraken

So all the freebies are back on tap, that's good news for the old guard, the normal supporter will gain nothing from that. MLT is a superb player in our history but forget not he was close to finishing our club off due to a bad decision/company.

NC was right to keep the snipers at arms length. It is interesting that FB was contacted, no doubt an old friend at the club probably not by the hierarchy. i suspect ML knew of the past problems with the old guard and would have supported NC decisions

So all the freebies are back on tap, that's good news for the old guard, the normal supporter will gain nothing from that. MLT is a superb player in our history but forget not he was close to finishing our club off due to a bad decision/company.

NC was right to keep the snipers at arms length. It is interesting that FB was contacted, no doubt an old friend at the club probably not by the hierarchy. i suspect ML knew of the past problems with the old guard and would have supported NC decisions

There is so much wrong with that post I don't know where to start. You are so wrong with what you say.

Thank god thats all Ive been worried about. Probably one of the first things Kat and Mario discussed.

You do come across as a bumbling old fool.

I think you'll find that a lot of the ex-saints organisation have never stopped attending St Mary's. I think they may even have a box? They're a good bunch, having met them at a London Saints event a couple of years ago. Not too fond of Cortese mind you...

Nick mate that post is one of your most ignorant. Matt pays for his tickets and gets no freebies nor does Franny. The person who rang Franny was very close to NC. If there is to be any positivity from NC's departure let's celebrate some healing of wounds. The more people pulling together the better it will be for our team.

:mcinnes:

There is so much wrong with that post I don't know where to start. You are so wrong with what you say.
;)

Yes, but at least Old Nick will keep fit by jumping to all those conclusions!

Where has this been said?
;)

Precisely!

Hopefully we will finally find out what happened between MLT and Cortese.

Are we really bothered?? Both of them have served our Club well and I would rather move on as opposed to gearing only one side of the story.

Both contributed to the petty spat and I would be happier if we just moved on from it all

Nick mate that post is one of your most ignorant. Matt pays for his tickets and gets no freebies nor does Franny. The person who rang Franny was very close to NC. If there is to be any positivity from NC's departure let's celebrate some healing of wounds. The more people pulling together the better it will be for our team.

Agree everyone pulling in the same direction is always better than having a divisive ex chairman who was short of people skills off dealing with his staff and legends of the club and maybe the business community might fill boxs again is the way ahead.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm just chuffed that probably our greatest every player could potentially be involved with the club again.

Why ??

Good players don't always make good managers/ chairman etc.

Leave MLT to get on with his media career, he is the past we need to look at now and future.

I agree with NC desire to keep certain elements away from the club... Not harmed us has it ???

Why does everyone forget matts involvement with the chap who lived with his parents?!?!?!

MLT saved us again and again on the field and all but destroyed us off the field, he's not the business type, let him pursue his media stuff

Whilst I agree he should be more involved, the corperate hospitality would be a much better experience if it had some legends doing talks etc

Im glad that the very public spat is over for now as neither man came out of it particularly well.