Liebherr: Players not for sale

trousers

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairman-players-not-for-sale-1300451.aspx

fa1e1ea4b49a59e6f2dff8365fa69f0a_normal.jpegSouthampton FC@SouthamptonFC

Chairman Katharina Liebherr has moved to quash speculation that players will depart #SaintsFC this month

Saints Chairman Katharina Liebherr has moved to quell speculation that players will be allowed to leave St Mary’s in the January transfer window.

The resignation of Nicola Cortese from his position as Executive Chairman earlier this week had ignited rumours that the Club would look to sell its leading stars.

Liebherr met with First Team Manager Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff at St Mary’s yesterday having taken on the role of non-executive Chairman the previous day.

And the Club owner has now moved to quash any suggestion that players would be sold in the coming weeks.

"The Club has no plans to sell any of the squad during the January transfer window,” said Liebherr.

“The manager and the team have my full support.”

The Chairman’s pledge follows on from Pochettino’s own statement regarding the future of his players made during his press conference ahead of tomorrow’s trip to Sunderland.

“I want to make something very clear,” the manager told the media yesterday afternoon. “No-one is for sale at Southampton. No-one.

“My belief has not changed from a week ago. No player that I don’t want to leave will leave this club.”

Not much of a statement but ok for the time being. Let's see where we are come February. Would be nice if she came out with a proper statement of her plans though, and why Cortese decided to leave.

I somewhat have my doubts that we will be on the receiving end of reams of florid prose from the new regime on any occasion, tbh....

Ultimately if we don't get a statement about whether KL intends to sell the club then it probably means she does want to sell. Would be a shame but there you go - it's not like she chose to own us. I guess she won't be rushed and hopefully will get a decent buyer in if it happens. Would be interesting to hear exactly what happened to cause this chain of events but doubt we'll ever really know.

If she did want to cash in on players then it's hardly going to help her get a good deal by saying "yeah, they are all for sale."

"There are no plans for players to be sold (but make a decent offer and plans can change)" is a possible translation.

Otherwise couldn't she have just said no ones for sale, end of story?

The manager said he is staying and the owner said there are no plans to sell anyone. Wasn't this exactly what we wanted to know in the short term? They have answered the tabloid scare stories from yesterday.

Of course we don't know the long term plans but what else can be said at this early stage? Maybe even she doesn't know the long term plans and these need to be discussed in the next few weeks.

If she did want to cash in on players then it's hardly going to help her get a good deal by saying "yeah, they are all for sale."

"There are no plans for players to be sold (but make a decent offer and plans can change)" is a possible translation.

Expect they would still take £8m for lambert.

Don't you just love it not . Someone makes an announcement and then there are those that like to unpick every word someone has said and gives their comments a totally different meaning . Is this what schools are teaching pupils today .

No wonder society is a mess as a whole . Bloody spin doctors , bloody newspaper journos , bloody forums and bloody trolls and antagonist trolls on this forum

The one message we have from both manager and club is that no player will be sold this season . If nc was still here of course clubs would be trying to entice our players away in the summer thats football I'm afraid

There are no plans, meaning if no one wants to leave they won't be sold? If a player wants to desperately leave there's not a lot we can do to stop them is there?

Don't you just love it not . Someone makes an announcement and then there are those that like to unpick every word someone has said and gives their comments a totally different meaning . Is this what schools are teaching pupils today .

No wonder society is a mess as a whole . Bloody spin doctors , bloody newspaper journos , bloody forums and bloody trolls and antagonist trolls on this forum

The one message we have from both manager and club is that no player will be sold this season . If nc was still here of course clubs would be trying to entice our players away in the summer thats football I'm afraid

And if she had said nothing people would be claiming players will be sold. Can't win really.

Not quite sure what more people want at this early stage.

Glad she has come out and said this. The Indy article on Fitzhugh Fellas thread is obviously the planted response from the club / Liebherr PR machine and is starting to address the 'other side' of the story.

Ultimately football is a results business. Cortese was hated when we didn't walk League 1 and sacked Pardew. It was only when we started marching up the league(s) that everyone got clappy about him. We tolerated his dictatorship, shoddy treatment of ex-players & suppliers and overall embarrassing issues he brought on the club because we were winning. Do you really think Blackburn fans would give a flying **** about being owned by the Venky's if they were 9th in the Prem.

If we win our next couple of games 'One Katherine Liebherr' will ring out around SMS and we'll all be slagging him off.

I have had another thought given that their will be no players being sold .

Given my previous post is it conceivable that NC was actually about to sell a couple of players and KL et al said no and this led to him leaving the club .

Total speculation on my behalf

And now my girl friend has thrown a massive hizzy fit and dumped me .

Forum

noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Just discussing it is all Mr Viking Warrior.

But yes society is a mess.

There are no plans, meaning if no one wants to leave they won't be sold? If a player wants to desperately leave there's not a lot we can do to stop them is there?

I suppose not really. If their hearts not in it then there is no point in continuing to pay and play them.

Given my previous post is it conceivable that NC was actually about to sell a couple of players and KL et al said no and this led to him leaving the club .

I really doubt it.

What :lol: really need to be shared?

Viking Warrior in having (had) a girlfriend shocker :suspicious:

so what does a non-executive chairman actually decide then, compared to an executive chairman?

Forgive my ignorance if you please you city lads and lasses.

Normally an Executive Chairman, or any Director, is a professional, receiving a salary for holding the position. A non-executive director is usually someone paid only expenses, who is there to oversee what the Executive Board members are doing/proposing.

KL is not the paid Chairperson of the club, and is actively looking to appoint an Executive Chairman to run things on a day to day basis.

As she owns 100% of the business, it would be reasonable to think that for the time being, whatever she decides is what happens.

KL is not the paid Chairperson of the club, and is actively looking to appoint an Executive Chairman to run things on a day to day basis.

To be completely accurate she's looking for a Chief Executive (not an Executive Chairman like Cortese) to run things while she remains Non-Executive Chairman

Jai27

I appreciate the comments re various opinions but when there are those that deliberately do it to wind people up on this forum , then that's a different matter .

As for the other matter . I am going to watch saints next week . Sd

He demanded I didn't go , I offered to take her she flatly refused and said if I go then that's us finished . I said I was going to the match end of story so in the space of a couple of days two folk have walked away from me and saints .