Open letter to supporters of Southampton Football Club from Katharina Liebherr

Saint-Armstrong

Upweysaint

I believe until she has the team she wants round her then she is unlikely to be more specific . She want them in place and as soon as they are part if the club then as she has stated she will inform us of the long term future of the club etc but not until then

Let's be a little more patient . The futures bright the futures red and white

Probably happen again in our lifetimes. We're certainly getting relegated at some point in the next decade. All part of the fun, TDD.

well quite.

The top 7 aren't getting relegated any time soon, which means almost 25 % of the rest are, every season.

27 years was an amazing achievement, and relegation was down to lowe's failure to deal well with managers.

Well if nothing else, KL has achieved one thing: erstwhile combatants coming together as one to applaud her statement – it’s like Christmas Day 1914 in the trenches; I’m expecting a game of football to break out at any moment.

As another leading lady once said: “where there is discord let us bring harmony”. :)

It's amazing that this time last week, we were pondering the complete meltdown of our club and now, 7 days later we've had a match where we really should've got 3 points after playing so well (worth pointing out that 1 point at Sunderland is not to be sneezed at), our manager has stated his commitment to the club and now we've had an open letter from our acting CEO placing more emphasis on continuing to stabilize the club and improve our position further. For me, our owners have done everything correctly and have said all the right things at exactly the right time. Focused on assuring the manager and staff first, speaking to the players and finally communicating with the fans. I don't want big statements of spending lots and lots of money, that sets your stall up straight away and pushes everyone's prices up. Within 7 days we've gone from a club in turmoil to a club that now seems stable again, happy and more open than it has ever been. Quite a turnaround in a very short time! Long may this continue.

Just seen the statement .

An excellent heart warming statement and positive message to us all .

It's sad to see there are the usual folk dissecting every word and coming up with obscure reasoning .

But everyone has an opinion . To me she has nailed her fathers desires for the club to succeed . She is committed to the club lock stock and barrel . As someone said . I would love to see her at Wembley , scarf round her neck with camera and that cheesy grin . Just like her father . That is one of the most iconic images of ML that gave me so much pleasure that day along with the other 50k plus saints fans that were there that day

this

Well if nothing else, KL has achieved one thing: erstwhile combatants coming together as one to applaud her statement – it’s like Christmas Day 1914 in the trenches; I’m expecting a game of football to break out at any moment.

As another leading lady once said: “where there is discord let us bring harmony”. :)

On that note could I suggest we put forward a recommendation that August Bank Holiday Monday be renamed "Liebherr Day".:)

Great to have this encouraging statement from KL that embraces the fans.I do hope her advisers do not go down the route of fan on the board.

Whilst KL's statement is "encouraging", it is still early days IMHO

As many have said, we won't hear anything Specific until she has assembled HER team

Does anyone know whether KL has actually spoken to the PLAYERS ??. It will be their reaction upon which we should judge what our future has in store. ATM, I fear that unless KL is positive on that issue, then some of the players will want out. ALL players want to be in some sort of European Competition, no one can argue against tha surely ?

Questions I am eager to hear answers too are :

Funding of the Team. Will we (still) be REALLY competing in yhe Transfer market to further improve the Team, or, as has been hinted, will that now be only from the Academy

St Marys. Are their REAL plans to expand the Stadium, or can I now use NC's DVD as a coaster ??

I must say in this world of media bull**** it´s not easy to write such a statement without looking to adress customers instead of fans. So in my book this was a nice letter - offcourse she got help writing it but still I feel she meant what she said.

One think that will be interesting to see - will KL keep the italian style of everything that the Don implemented? Like the silver and black in the megastore and offcourse will the young girls freezing their legs of outside the stadium still be the selling match day programmes?

new song

i'm a beliebherr

I thought love was

Only true in fairy tales

Meant for someone else

But not for me

Love was out to get to me

That's the way it seems

Disappointment haunted

All my dreams

And then I saw her face

Now I'm a beliebherr

Not a trace

Of doubt in my mind

I'm in love

I'm a beliebherr

I couldn't leave her

If I tried

X 1,000

disco-084.gif yeti-002.gif

A great statement IMO, although though the press went to town on it my thoughts were if she wanted to sell the club, then she no doubt knows the people to sell it to, Ie Lowe knew Millionaire KL knows billionaires if the press were right about selling no doubt with the club as it now is and knowing the people I assume she would know, the club will be in good shape still,

I'm glad she said what she has said, I have no doubt with Les Reed in the background things will carry on as normal, as I believe a lot of the stuff the club got praised for came through him with NC rubber stamping it

COYR !!!

Nice statement, but if we're not for sale, why not say so, this is a perfect opportunity to do so. It has been publically stated that no players will be sold (unless Poch wants them to go), but KL has been very quiet about whether the club itself will be sold.

I think the statement rules out any "asset-stripping" and it would appear that the club will be well managed and stable during KL's continued ownership, fingers crossed my hunch is wrong and we continue to grow with KL in control for many years to come. But if we are sold, I hope any new owner is not bonkers like Vincent Tan etc.

StDunko

Hers a question , why would she be bringing in a management including a new CEO etc if she was about to sell . What she is doing is putting a team to run the club even more effectively and that's all she wanted . I don't know the reason why NC left but I suspect he was a lone wolf and didn't want to be part of a pack of wolves running the club . Had he have joined the pack he would still be with us .

StDunko

Hers a question , why would she be bringing in a management including a new CEO etc if she was about to sell . What she is doing is putting a team to run the club even more effectively and that's all she wanted . I don't know the reason why NC left but I suspect he was a lone wolf and didn't want to be part of a pack of wolves running the club . Had he have joined the pack he would still be with us .

Because the last CEO, was resisting the sale of the club rather than actively facilitating the sale? Plus a stable company is a more saleable asset?

Why not come out and say the club is not for sale, seeing that is one of the main questions fans are asking?

elephant-027.gif one was addressed (player sales)

elephant-027.gif one was avoided (club for sale)

Because the last CEO, was resisting the sale of the club rather than actively facilitating the sale? Plus a stable company is a more saleable asset?

Why not come out and say the club is not for sale, seeing that is one of the main questions fans are asking?

Agreed. She is clearly aware of media speculation and addressed the player sales, only one reason (in my mind) why club sale was ignored

Agreed. She is clearly aware of media speculation and addressed the player sales, only one reason (in my mind) why club sale was ignored

I feel much more reassured now, we can't be for sale, beacause when Glasgow agrees with your opinion, you know must be wrong.

Nice statement, but if we're not for sale, why not say so, this is a perfect opportunity to do so. It has been publically stated that no players will be sold (unless Poch wants them to go), but KL has been very quiet about whether the club itself will be sold.

I think the statement rules out any "asset-stripping" and it would appear that the club will be well managed and stable during KL's continued ownership, fingers crossed my hunch is wrong and we continue to grow with KL in control for many years to come. But if we are sold, I hope any new owner is not bonkers like Vincent Tan etc.

The statement is VERY clear.

SFC is in safe hands with KL, and she is wealthy enough NOT to have to asset strip or in other ways degrade what we have built at SFC since administration.

This suggests to me a big new contract for MP to start with and of course we have already been made aware of new directorial names being brought in along with, hopefully soon, an experienced CE who can oversee both a holding exercise until sold or a steady as she goes exercise along the "Southampton Way" until some future currently unknown date. The person named as favourite has experience to do that very well. This is good as the default position is "nothing changes" regarding our drive forwards for World domination :-). It does not say anything about ongoing additional investment in player purchases. perhaps wisely in the absence of a new CE etc..

KL has also made an explicit NO player SALES statement (in January). Someone in her position and family name and reputation at stake does not go back on such a promise. There is no such comment regarding the club being sold. There is, however, another explicit statement regarding her commitment to ensuring, that if that happens, the first priority is the club honour and tradition itself - this, to me, is an indirect reference to the Cardiff / Hull situations. If we do get sold then it would be to someone who would not be mugging our tradition off. Of course that's hard to guarantee, but it says that money offered will NOT be the main criteria for any sale. KL is wealthy enough and as above, with the family name at stake, does not need to have to sell to the highest bidder for £20M or £30M more but break her promise.

Edited by Giordano

As many have said, we won't hear anything Specific until she has assembled HER team

Does anyone know whether KL has actually spoken to the PLAYERS ??. It will be their reaction upon which we should judge what our future has in store. ATM, I fear that unless KL is positive on that issue, then some of the players will want out. ALL players want to be in some sort of European Competition, no one can argue against tha surely ?

Funding of the Team. Will we (still) be REALLY competing in yhe Transfer market to further improve the Team, or, as has been hinted, will that now be only from the Academy

St Marys. Are their REAL plans to expand the Stadium, or can I now use NC's DVD as a coaster ??

I do wish you'd STFU.

KL appears to have embraced the "Southampton way" set up by Cortese but in a more friendly nature. She has publically backed the Manager, stated no player sales in this window if they are part of our future, addressed employee concerns over sale of the club and communicated openly with the supporters. She is also constructing a board to advise and run the day to day club issues.

This my be a short term statement to stabilize the club after Cortese's departure but it is positive in all aspects.

ML purchased the club for about £12m and add ons. After his death KL converted loans of over £30m into equity. Cortese was also provided with the means of purchasing more players to develop the plan.

For me the goings on this last week suggest KL is making sure her investment it protected. The club value has been rising and she will be determined to see it through. When and if she is ready to sell the club could be worth £150M. Someone buying at that price will be serious players and will want to enhance that investment with more capital to drive the club further forward.

So for me all that has been said by KL so far is positive and encouraging. It has taken a week but Southampton FC is back on track and likely to be a more friendly club to supporters, staff, suppliers and ex players, without losing it's cutting edge on the field of play.

Must admit, I find the response to the letter on here quite funny, but not unexpected... We have the usual folks who hated NC now all happy flappy, we have the revisionist few, who have turned round from being all happy to now pointing out how much better it will be, and we have the cynics who raise some valid points shot down as we enter this new 'era of optimism'

Jeez, fickle is not the word.... The reality is that we have NO IDEA whether what will come will be better or worse . And what's more, your take on whether it's better or worse will depend on what makes you happy about a club in the first place.

For me it's simple. I want us to do all we can to win games... And to do that with the ultimate aim of winning things, not being satisfied by any mid table placing, knowing our place in the pecking order. Irrespective of whether it will ever happen, seeing the club take such aims and aspiration seriously is what is exciting and differentiated us from the bland.... It's fricken sad that so many football fans now feel that survival in the prem is a decent aspiration... Under NC he gave the impression that this was clear aim, to disregard glass ceilings and challenge. Sure probability was still low, but we focused not on what was probable, but on what was possible, and that to me is all I ask for.

If KL is able to galvanize the club in the same way, then I will be very happy.

I am also willing to accept compromise. I accept that no one is ever perfect, so if the pursuit of excellence and drive needed to delivery the progress I want to see, comes at the expense of being nice and fan friendly, so be it. If KL can do both she will be legendary and I generally hope she can, BUT, I would not be happy becoming a 'nice' club with fan friendly platitudes all over the place as we once again become the club the footballing world expect us to be, a good club, a decent mid table prem side... Accepting mediocre... No matter how many fans are consulted about every decision, or whether we don't pay parking fees and play in stripes again - means feck all if we are content to accept we will never compete...

We also need to be cautious that the start meant does leave plenty of room for sale of the clubs and players in the summer.

So yes I am glad she has taken the time to put her name to this. yes I am supportive of the general message, yes I really hope she can delivery the very best times for the club, better than anything before, yes I hope we can in future say that NC did his part in dragging us up from the 3rd tier when we needed that bullishness, and KL took us to the next level.... But deep down, I suspect 'stability' is there To encourage a sale.... And even if not, I will not be happy with just 'stability' - I want progress,, I want desire to succeed, I want managed risk taking and challenging expectations. KL has the opportunity to do just that! and I hope she takes it's and delivers. I suspect NC will wherever he ends up and just hope we don't end up looking back thinking what if....

Good luck Katharina.

You're commenting on your agenda, (putting a negative spin on everything positive that comes out of the club) pulling apart every statement, phrase by phrase, word by word and commenting on something that's not even there. You're someone who reads a line and interprets the rest of the book.

Totally predictable, totally boring.

new song

i'm a beliebherr

I thought love was

Only true in fairy tales

Meant for someone else

But not for me

Love was out to get to me

That's the way it seems

Disappointment haunted

All my dreams

And then I saw her face

Now I'm a beliebherr

Not a trace

Of doubt in my mind

I'm in love

I'm a beliebherr

I couldn't leave her

If I tried

X 1,000

disco-084.gif yeti-002.gif

Way too late mate.

I already sang that at Karaoke last Friday. Won me a free Bullfrog & 5 Springbok shots. (So it won't be repeated)

It was on Twitter last Wednesday

Why ?

Your "in depth" responses to my posts are superb

The constant negativity - the way you ensure us all the time that only you know what is going to happen (and is invariably wrong) - the use of CAPITALS and bold type for no apparent reason, and your general tone aggravates me.

I still remember "mark my words Lowe will be back" in June-July 2009.

Thank goodness we're still waiting.

He's right.

You're a swivel eyed nutcase ranting about nothing. In every single post.

Keep dreaming about our spiritual home in Stoneham, Richmond.[/QUOTE]

Still the same old record with the stuck needle I see

Is that your stock response to my posts ?

Have you opiniond of your own ?

It would be nice to hear them for a change, instead of you yourself "ranting" on about posts of yesteryear, and even that you take out of context

I await your usual one line drivel of a response. Good job we're both long standing ST holders eh ?

Give it a rest eh guys?

The statement reads well and is certainly a welcome one after a period of uncertainty. I think the optimism that arguably most people feel as a result is great, and entirely understandable... nobody is 'falling' for anything, or being duped as some have intimated... it is a positive response to a positive statement, and only by interpreting it with personal assumptions and doubts does it become less so.

Of course no one knows for certain what will happen in the future and I personally think that it IS feasible that KL is preparing the club to be sold at some point in the future... but that might actually be a positive thing. It may be that she recognises that the best thing for the club might be to allow an owner with a greater interest to take the club forwards, and she wants to prepare us as best as possible for that by putting a strong management team in place. She doesn't just want to get shot, she may feel that the best thing for the club is to sell, but only to the right people, for our sake.

That said, my personal opinion is that she wants to stay and build on her fathers legacy.

EITHER way, the most important thing is that it seems she cares about the club about its future, whoever owns it. Given that she is the one in total control, that is the most important thing just now and so her comments about the fans and about the history and tradition etc, are important for us to know that she takes us and the club seriously.

I've got no problem with those who are being cautious about the statement. Given our history, it's might be quite sensible, although I liken it somewhat to a person not committing to a relationship for fear of getting hurt, just like before... how about we give her the benefit of any doubt, have a little faith in her and see what happens? We might be even better off as a result.

Those wanting specific assurances about signings or other things were always going to be disappointed... those are specific strategies which any business would keep close to it's chest IMO. What we got however was about as much as I think we can hope for just now, whilst the restructuring takes place.

Let's be optimistic. And if you want help with that, just keep looking at that lot down the road... :D

Must admit, I find the response to the letter on here quite funny, but not unexpected... We have the usual folks who hated NC now all happy flappy, we have the revisionist few, who have turned round from being all happy to now pointing out how much better it will be, and we have the cynics who raise some valid points shot down as we enter this new 'era of optimism'

Jeez, fickle is not the word.... The reality is that we have NO IDEA whether what will come will be better or worse . And what's more, your take on whether it's better or worse will depend on what makes you happy about a club in the first place.

For me it's simple. I want us to do all we can to win games... And to do that with the ultimate aim of winning things, not being satisfied by any mid table placing, knowing our place in the pecking order. Irrespective of whether it will ever happen, seeing the club take such aims and aspiration seriously is what is exciting and differentiated us from the bland.... It's fricken sad that so many football fans now feel that survival in the prem is a decent aspiration... Under NC he gave the impression that this was clear aim, to disregard glass ceilings and challenge. Sure probability was still low, but we focused not on what was probable, but on what was possible, and that to me is all I ask for.

If KL is able to galvanize the club in the same way, then I will be very happy.

I am also willing to accept compromise. I accept that no one is ever perfect, so if the pursuit of excellence and drive needed to delivery the progress I want to see, comes at the expense of being nice and fan friendly, so be it. If KL can do both she will be legendary and I generally hope she can, BUT, I would not be happy becoming a 'nice' club with fan friendly platitudes all over the place as we once again become the club the footballing world expect us to be, a good club, a decent mid table prem side... Accepting mediocre... No matter how many fans are consulted about every decision, or whether we don't pay parking fees and play in stripes again - means feck all if we are content to accept we will never compete...

We also need to be cautious that the start meant does leave plenty of room for sale of the clubs and players in the summer.

So yes I am glad she has taken the time to put her name to this. yes I am supportive of the general message, yes I really hope she can delivery the very best times for the club, better than anything before, yes I hope we can in future say that NC did his part in dragging us up from the 3rd tier when we needed that bullishness, and KL took us to the next level.... But deep down, I suspect 'stability' is there To encourage a sale.... And even if not, I will not be happy with just 'stability' - I want progress,, I want desire to succeed, I want managed risk taking and challenging expectations. KL has the opportunity to do just that! and I hope she takes it's and delivers. I suspect NC will wherever he ends up and just hope we don't end up looking back thinking what if....

Good luck Katharina.

Glad I hadn't posted yet as barring the first para you've said pretty much all I wanted to. Cheers!

Saw this article posted on NewsNow by somebody who asks whether a lunatic (Katharina Liebherr) is now running the asylum?

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/tony-yorke/38861-have-saints-learned-nothing-from-woodward-failure.php

It appears that this guy thinks that because the experiment with Sir Clive Woodward failed, Katherina has lost her marbles trying it again. This bloke doesn't appear to have the mental capacity to factor in the possible flies in the ointment when such a thing was attempted all those years ago, that SCW had to deal with football dinosaur Redknapp and that it is likely that he had a big influence on the players under his control. He dismisses it, they dismiss it.

Neither does he make any connection when he dismisses this appointment as lunacy, with the regime installed by Cortese whereby the players' mattresses are dispatched pre-match to the players' hotels all around the country. As I don't recall him opining that that was barking mad, I must assume that he considered it to be normal, something that all clubs do.

Where Tony Yorke goes wrong in my opinion, is with his assertion that a sports motivator can succeed with Rugby players, Ice Hockey players, Olympic athletes of all disciplines, but somehow not with football players. Apparently, they just don't have the mental capacity to take it all on board, do they, Tony?

Or could it be as I conclude that you're the one with the deficient mental capacity, Tony?

This +1.

Saw this article posted on NewsNow by somebody who asks whether a lunatic (Katharina Liebherr) is now running the asylum?

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/tony-yorke/38861-have-saints-learned-nothing-from-woodward-failure.php

It appears that this guy thinks that because the experiment with Sir Clive Woodward failed, Katherina has lost her marbles trying it again. This bloke doesn't appear to have the mental capacity to factor in the possible flies in the ointment when such a thing was attempted all those years ago, that SCW had to deal with football dinosaur Redknapp and that it is likely that he had a big influence on the players under his control. He dismisses it, they dismiss it.

Neither does he make any connection when he dismisses this appointment as lunacy, with the regime installed by Cortese whereby the players' mattresses are dispatched pre-match to the players' hotels all around the country. As I don't recall him opining that that was barking mad, I must assume that he considered it to be normal, something that all clubs do.

Where Tony Yorke goes wrong in my opinion, is with his assertion that a sports motivator can succeed with Rugby players, Ice Hockey players, Olympic athletes of all disciplines, but somehow not with football players. Apparently, they just don't have the mental capacity to take it all on board, do they, Tony?

Or could it be as I conclude that you're the one with the deficient mental capacity, Tony?

Bloke looks like he's got a bit of an obsession with us actually. He's put a few stories about already, didn't he turn one out the other day with something along the lines that Mauricio would forfeit a 4 million £ pay-off if he resigned ?

Give it a rest eh guys?

The statement reads well and is certainly a welcome one after a period of uncertainty. I think the optimism that arguably most people feel as a result is great, and entirely understandable... nobody is 'falling' for anything, or being duped as some have intimated... it is a positive response to a positive statement, and only by interpreting it with personal assumptions and doubts does it become less so.

Of course no one knows for certain what will happen in the future and I personally think that it IS feasible that KL is preparing the club to be sold at some point in the future... but that might actually be a positive thing. It may be that she recognises that the best thing for the club might be to allow an owner with a greater interest to take the club forwards, and she wants to prepare us as best as possible for that by putting a strong management team in place. She doesn't just want to get shot, she may feel that the best thing for the club is to sell, but only to the right people, for our sake.

That said, my personal opinion is that she wants to stay and build on her fathers legacy.

EITHER way, the most important thing is that it seems she cares about the club about its future, whoever owns it. Given that she is the one in total control, that is the most important thing just now and so her comments about the fans and about the history and tradition etc, are important for us to know that she takes us and the club seriously.

I've got no problem with those who are being cautious about the statement. Given our history, it's might be quite sensible, although I liken it somewhat to a person not committing to a relationship for fear of getting hurt, just like before... how about we give her the benefit of any doubt, have a little faith in her and see what happens? We might be even better off as a result.

Those wanting specific assurances about signings or other things were always going to be disappointed... those are specific strategies which any business would keep close to it's chest IMO. What we got however was about as much as I think we can hope for just now, whilst the restructuring takes place.

Let's be optimistic. And if you want help with that, just keep looking at that lot down the road... :D

Sums up my thoughts perfectly Minty. Besides which, won't the new CEO want set out the vision for the immediate future in their opening communications to supporters and sponsors? Plus, he/she will probably want to develop their communications with MP and the players before that to get buy-in.

Bloke looks like he's got a bit of an obsession with us actually. He's put a few stories about already, didn't he turn one out the other day with something along the lines that Mauricio would forfeit a 4 million £ pay-off if he resigned ?

I couldn't find a link to that anywhere. I'm not a twitter aficionado, so I can't cross swords with him regarding his ridiculous assertion that footballers do not have the mental capacity to accept motivational techniques, whereas other sportsmen who play Ruby or Ice Hockey, or Olympic athletes are capable of absorbing it all.

Perhaps somebody who does twitter can challenge him. Trousers?

I couldn't find a link to that anywhere. I'm not a twitter aficionado, so I can't cross swords with him regarding his ridiculous assertion that footballers do not have the mental capacity to accept motivational techniques, whereas other sportsmen who play Ruby or Ice Hockey, or Olympic athletes are capable of absorbing it all.

Don't tweet myself either. Anyway he also put out an article last night about Lenhart, posted the link on the appropriate thread. Bloke looks like a Skate, claims he's managed a football club as well...don't know where.

Anyway here's the Pochettino gem from last week.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38505-southampton-pochettino-to-forfeit-4m-if-he-quits.php#.Ut-8HdJKFkg

Edited by Window Cleaner

Don't tweet myself either. Anyway he also put out an article last night about Lenhart, posted the link on the appropriate thread. Bloke looks like a Skate, claims he's managed a football club as well...don't know where.

Anyway here's the Pochettino gem from last week.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38505-southampton-pochettino-to-forfeit-4m-if-he-quits.php#.Ut-8HdJKFkg

Here is the club he was involved with - Watford. Some time ago. No particular reason to suspect that he's a Skate, as his teams are Leicester and Hull.

LINKEDIN: Watford Football Club

Director of Communications and Corporate Sales

Watford Football Club

September 2005 – October 2006 (1 year 2 months)|Watford, United Kingdom

During my tenure, I managed the club's Marketing, Corporate Sales, Communications and PR departments – and was a member of the Operations Board. I was also the club's principal spokesman.

One of my biggest achievements was delivering significant revenue growth for the club in advertising, corporate sales and hospitality – and making my team more commercially focused and accountable. The biggest on-field highlight was beating Leeds United in the Championship Play-Off Final at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff - and gaining promotion to the Premier League.

Here is the club he was involved with - Watford. Some time ago. No particular reason to suspect that he's a Skate, as his teams are Leicester and Hull.

We were looking for some management appointees recently, couldn't say just how senior the positions were/are, perhaps he got turned down for one of them, seems to have it in for us though.

More than that, KL would have been foolish to get into such specifics ahead of her key boardroom and other appointments. You don't try to recruit people to take decisions on signings, etc., and then preempt all those decisions.

More than that, KL would have been foolish to get into such specifics ahead of her key boardroom and other appointments. You don't try to recruit people to take decisions on signings, etc., and then preempt all those decisions.

I have never come across a person who has taken over in the midst of upheaval to not say they are looking for stability and continuity.

I have also never come across an owner saying they do not want to promote from within the structure of the club.

We know nothing and can only speculate, what exactly was so JFK or Luther King about that statement, it told people who want to believe something something to grasp, only speculation, talk the talk but also walk the walk.

We were looking for some management appointees recently, couldn't say just how senior the positions were/are, perhaps he got turned down for one of them, seems to have it in for us though.

Probably not. The Watford forum suggested that the reason that he had given for leaving them was that it was too far for him to travel daily from his home in Market Bosworth and he missed seeing his family. Apparently it was not feasible for him to move down to Watford for some reason. Although he crows about how successful he had been in his marketing work, he left after less than a year. I read between the lines and see in his low opinion of footballers some other reason for his departure. As others have concluding, he seems to be a bitter man.

Sounds more like a job for MLG to me... :)

So we've already 'Hockey' guy in the frame and also had a director appointed and then fired 24 hours later and not so much of squeak from anyone on here......Now, if Cortese or even Lowe had done something similar, this place would have been in meltdown.

This is exactly the type of potential new business acumen (the 24 hour directorship) that's given me a little cause for concern and suspect holds a clue to the reason a perfectionist like Cortese upped and walked........Time to hold on to yer hats peeps.

As for the Boiler plate statement. The loudest part, was the bit that wasn't there.....'long term commitment'....So don't be surprised to see no spending and a mass exodus in the summer and the Club sold within the year.