Sam Gallagher

kpturner

Looked pretty decent I thought. Great touch for a big lad, and decent turn of pace. Skinned the defender for his goal too. Not sure what his head-butts are like mind.....

Ask Michael Dawson. Gallagher went through him like a hit knife through butter within seconds of coming on against Spurs. Knew from that moment I'd like him :lol:

Really pleased for him - Got a nice run out and sounded quite threatening.

Will be interested in hearing peoples views on him who were there today.

He looked really decent. Good first shot, tool his goal really well and nice little bit of skill for a third chance. I really liked the look of him and he may be needed in the weeks ahead.

[video=youtube;-QRlyvmRHys]

He was absolutely sublime against P*mpey U18's when I saw him, he's pretty quick for a big lad too. Not entirely dissimilar to Ishamel Miller when he was starting out at Man City in terms of his overall game. Looks a good prospect for the future, hopefully he can get some game time with the first team over the rest of the season and be a part of the squad ready for the next!

He looked really good I thought. As others have said, like a mobile Peter Crouch.

He made good runs, has good control and looks to have a decent strike on him.

Get him more involved in the Prem I say. Looks like he's capable.

Not seen much of him, but it's a lot to ask of an 18 year old with very little top flight experience to step up to the plate for us, we really need to try and get rid of Osvaldo and bring in a replacement within the next few days

As our season stands right now, this is the perfect time to blood the lad. Nothing to lose, loads to gain.

Not seen much of him, but it's a lot to ask of an 18 year old with very little top flight experience to step up to the plate for us, we really need to try and get rid of Osvaldo and bring in a replacement within the next few days

Yea but we blooded Shaw aged 17 and Chambers 18. IMO if you aint banging the door down at 18 you aint gonna make it. All our great players ie Shearer, Channon, Bale, Le Tiss were doing it at 18

Sam Gallagher

My initial random impressions

Only CCC opposition but did not look out of place

Took goal well, could have had a second

Looked big lad but mobile with it

Looks a natural

For those who think (any) player is “too young”, it’s worth noting that the following made their debuts at an early age :-

Greaves (17) Trevor Francis (16) Chivers (17) Ball (17) Giggs (17 ?) Channon (17) Le tiss (18 ?)

Yes, they are ALL Big names yes, but the thing to remember is, they weren’t big names on their debuts, ……but their abilities made them into Big names

Could have saved us £15M

Good Luck Sam

Seen him twice now. First time was in the FA youth cup against the skates scored a hat trick but weirdly I didn't think he was one of the best players in that team that night. Yesterday he scored a great goal, mostly from his own hard work, and had a couple more chances. He didn't look out of place at all playing with the first team (which is a credit to our system of bring youth through).

Looked pretty decent I thought. Great touch for a big lad, and decent turn of pace. Skinned the defender for his goal too. Not sure what his head-butts are like mind.....

OK we could say..... he was playing against lower league opposition, but they were still better than the U18 defenders he's been matched against up until now.

Good that he had a longer run-out instead of the last 10 minute ritual appearance. Apparantly took his goal well, and might have had a second.

Now let's give the lad a breather, and don't expect too much too soon. All our top strikers of the past; Channon, Shearer even MLT had a lengthy spell on the bench before they got a regular spot.

Hopefully he may become our new " super-sub " ......a subject we've touched on before, meantime let's hope his luck holds and he can get some confidence and the occasional goal from a few more apps.

He looked really good I thought. As others have said, like a mobile Peter Crouch.

He made good runs, has good control and looks to have a decent strike on him.

Get him more involved in the Prem I say. Looks like he's capable.

Nothing like Peter crouch. More like a Alan shearer if you ask me.

Nothing like Peter crouch. More like a Alan shearer if you ask me.

I only meant it in terms of the fact that he is tall (4 inches taller than Shearer) but looks to have good feet for a big man. That's it. He wasn't really on for long enough to draw many meaningful comparisons so I'd be interested to hear how you drew a Shearer comparison....

I only meant it in terms of the fact that he is tall (4 inches taller than Shearer) but looks to have good feet for a big man. That's it. He wasn't really on for long enough to draw many meaningful comparisons so I'd be interested to hear how you drew a Shearer comparison....

Very very strong for a 18 yearold powerful and direct , good with both feet not afraid to have a pop at the goal from distance.... very similar to Shearer at that age......didnt see him win a lot in the air to be honest but that will come

Hopefully he may become our new " super-sub " ......a subject we've touched on before, meantime let's hope his luck holds and he can get some confidence and the occasional goal from a few more apps.

Well we have needed a supersub to replace Punch. Ok so Sam's a forward and Puncheon is a midfielder, but he could have a similarly positive impact on games.

Lallana was nothing special until he was in his 20s

I could not disagree more. The first time I saw him it was clear that he had the quickest feet that I had seen on any Saints player MLT included. Yes he had stuff to learn but the talent obvious.

lol that helped thanks, a bit more informative than normal as well. I did not mean in the Tyro league but.....

Anyway he was either just 19 or still 18. It was in winter and he scored after not long on the pitch. Went on to score a lot of goals in his first full season after that. Steve wasn't a schoolboy saint though, he came from elsewhere .