Gaston To Torino?

Gemmel

At present Gastons value is probably as low as it is likely to be barring a bad injury. If he has a great WC ( he set up a goal the other night) his value could rocket. I do not see the haste in selling him quite yet

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri · Jun 1

Southampton are negotiating with Torino the transfer out of Gaston Ramirez, according to Sky Italy. Torino offering loan + option to buy

Forget it. If they want him buy him, another mythical option to buy. He is more use to us here than on loan.

If, and it's a big if, Adam is going then it would be madness to sell Gaston.

The reason Gaston didn't get the game time was because Adam is a similar player and in the last 2 seasons has been in better form.

It's also just possible that Gaston hasn't thrived at Saints so far because he wasn't in MoPo's inner circle (This is solely baed on what I have read on this forum, so treat with caution!)

Agree with Derry, no point in loaning him out, he could actually be useful this season. However if they want to buy him then i would let him go. No doubting his talent but his temperment???...Unfortunately the writing was on the wall the moment he opened his mouth when he signed and said he had come for the money!!.....I had hoped he might actually show his worth as well....but far too little on show.

B*llocks to the false dawn under a new manager; if we can get money for him, lets do so.

more haircuts than goals ain't it.

I'm still backing him to have one good season *sometime* & some mug will shove £20m at us off the back of it. You wouldn't want to miss out on this £20m alpine, trust.

more haircuts than goals ain't it.

I'm still backing him to have one good season *sometime* & some mug will shove £20m at us off the back of it. You wouldn't want to miss out on this £20m alpine, trust.

Its going to cost us 3m in wages to give him another season chance.

No f**king way.

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri · Jun 1

Southampton are negotiating with Torino the transfer out of Gaston Ramirez, according to Sky Italy. Torino offering loan + option to buy

So we aren't waiting for the New Manager to arrive before we do (further) transfer business then ??

No point in hanging about. Torino have just got about 16 million from Dortmund for Immobile, might as well take some of that off them. Gaston will never do much in the PL, far too aggressive for him.

striker ain't he immobile? I wonder if we could interest them in some osvaldo action, if they really have £16m burning hole in their pantaloni

No point in hanging about. Torino have just got about 16 million from Dortmund for Immobile, might as well take some of that off them. Gaston will never do much in the PL, far too aggressive for him.

The way I read the tweet and the other reports by googling it, is there is no cash on the table - They want to take him on loan for a year with an option to buy.

God forbid you'd ever admit he scored a decent goal - twunt

Utterly hideous goalkeeping, he should be embarrassed letting that in!

But Gaston didn't fit the hard-pressing style of MP, it would be wise to see what another manager can find as there's clearly talent in there - just not entirely sure there's much mental strength.

I don't see the need to sell Gaston at this moment. He's a player I still think has HUGE potential. Plus like others have stated selling before the world, when he hasn't had a great season, would be silly. However just goes to show his stock is high, considering the interest we are getting for him.

I really can't decide about him. There is no question that he has the skill and huge potential, but sometimes it just never comes off. If AL goes, then there is a natural role for him. If reports of MP marginalising players he didn't favour, then maybe he can emerge as a superstar. There seem no shortage of clubs wanting to take him on. However, taking him as a loan with an option to buy is because they are undecided about his potential.

Totally agree we should keep him for next season if AL goes. For much of the 2nd half of this season, especially since J Rod has been injured, when AL has gone off we have often looked very flat. Solid, decent, but no spark. We have seen flashes of spark from Gaston, too few I agree, but occasionally very good. We need to keep him and play him if AL departs

If, and it's a big if, Adam is going then it would be madness to sell Gaston.

The reason Gaston didn't get the game time was because Adam is a similar player and in the last 2 seasons has been in better form.

It's also just possible that Gaston hasn't thrived at Saints so far because he wasn't in MoPo's inner circle (This is solely baed on what I have read on this forum, so treat with caution!)

There must a hundred excuses why. Gaston has never been quite good enough and now we have another one. At least it wasn't the usual lack of games - because he wasn't quite good enough !

Seems crazy to sell before new manager has seen him. Without Lallana we really need him.

This really, plus the games he played this season for me he still looks a man with talent, the last few games towards the end of the season he played he looked like he could certainly add something to the team.

I just think we need a bit of stability, and regardless of opinion he has been here a while now, look how Sunderland coped with major upheaval in their playing department.

I just dont think the team under Poch could include both AL and GR, personally I think if AL leaves it will open the door for Gaston. For me its certainly worth the risk. A loan with no money coming the other way would be a definate no from me.

If Lallana and Gaston both go (assuming Osvaldo won't come back) we are looking at having to buy a brand new front three for the start of the season. If we are confident that we can secure two or three strong signings and Gaston needs to go to pay for them then it might work out but I'd think very carefully indeed.

I certainly wouldn't put him out on loan unless it's for financial reasons. He's too close to the end of his contract to be sent out somewhere to 'see if he can develop'.

You've clearly seen footballers have a new lease of life under a new manager, so what is it that makes you not want this for Ramirez?

Racism? Closet gay feelings producing hatred? Or simply fear that for the hundred thousandth time you'll end up being proved very wrong?

I think he's f**king useless, thats what.

He also aint into us. Yoshi flies back from Japanese internationals and makes himself available almost immediately, Gashton needs a f**king month to recover.

Ramirez was supposed to be world class, but in his 1st year he failed to deliver.

Everyone then promised that he just needed a year to settle and he was going to be superb (last season) and that Pooch would get the best from him... Again nothing.

Time to cut our loses and move him on, preferably permanently.

if there was ever a player who might benefit under a new manager, it's gaston. Don't seem to make much sense to ship him out early doors, but then nothing would surprise me at the mo.

Definitely agree with this statement - he was too "new" to the PL when Nigel had him and I don't think Pochettino ever took to him (too lazy to press?), but he has some talent ...

Disappointed he still hasn't produced a run of form to nail down a starting place, but I have no doubt that he can be excellent player for us. Suspect those who can't see his latent ability were also oblivious to the qualities of Schneiderlin, Lallana, Rodriguez etc etc etc.

With a new manager and Lallana gone we could see a totally different Gaston.

We don't even need to see a totally different Gaston, we just need to see a more consistent Gaston.

The player is utterly class, and can do things with the ball that no one else in our team can (even Lallana!)