Latest information

Guan 2.0

I don't think it's a case of manning up - but rather he will lose his right to a cut if the transfer fee if he submits a written transfer request.

Certainly used to be the case.

So it's all down to money again.

It still is the case, but what I don't understand is, if he's on record as telling the club he wishes to leave, doesn't that constitute a transfer request? This baffles me.

And I still reckon he'll join Lambert at the dippers, can't see why else they'd have bought him.

Gutting that my favourite player is treating us like this. Imagine the horror of having to only be paid a good years salary in a week, captain a premier league team and play at the world cup!

Probably his agent putting poisonous thoughts in his head more than him just deciding he's much too good for us etc. Agents are the biggest problem with the modern game.

Would we act any different? He's been here 16 years and he's been paid handsomely no doubts. But if your agent rings and says I can get you a move to Liverpool + double your wages and get you a £1,000,000 signing on fee.

I think we'd all jump at the chance of doubling our wages? Plus Liverpool are a much, much bigger club than us.

It still is the case, but what I don't understand is, if he's on record as telling the club he wishes to leave, doesn't that constitute a transfer request? This baffles me.

And I still reckon he'll join Lambert at the dippers, can't see why else they'd have bought him.

I think if he hands in a written request he is effectively resigning and the club (or the buying club) don't have to pay up the rest of his contract.

Before the recent departures you would think the decision to leave would be difficult but in light of the ongoing clearout of coaches and some players, it's a no-brainer.

I'd also question how people like Lovren must feel as they see the squad being dismantled around them - we need to apply a handbrake before a sales flurry turns into a stampede.

I begrudge no one the chance to better themselves and Lallana, Shaw and Rickie can do that.

We need a strong managerial appointment as soon as possible to reassure the players that we do actually have a plan and intend to be competitive.

But today it all looks a bit rudderless and Lallana's statement is fully understandable so let's cash in when his stock should be highest - after the World Cup.

Ditto Shaw.

Keep calm and appoint a good manager.

The CL is the biggest problem of the modern game. All these players at good clubs in a good league earning good money and all of them wanting to move to a CL club. Everyone is obsessed with it but clubs never had a say in creating a European league. Now it's destroying the majority.

I hate seeing clubs celebrate 4th. Yes it makes sense, lots of money, big competition, new players, whatever, but the fact remains a situation has been created where finishing 4th is a triumph. That is weird.

Agree with this completely. Would have loved Everton pipping Arsenal to 4th and watching The Gunners go into a meltdown that would make whats going on at SMS look like a vicarage tea party.

Before the recent departures you would think the decision to leave would be difficult but in light of the ongoing clearout of coaches and some players, it's a no-brainer.

I'd also question how people like Lovren must feel as they see the squad being dismantled around them - we need to apply a handbrake before a sales flurry turns into a stampede.

I begrudge no one the chance to better themselves and Lallana, Shaw and Rickie can do that.

We need a strong managerial appointment as soon as possible to reassure the players that we do actually have a plan and intend to be competitive.

But today it all looks a bit rudderless and Lallana's statement is fully understandable so let's cash in when his stock should be highest - after the World Cup.

Ditto Shaw.

Keep calm and appoint a good manager.

we should immediately hand the team captain to Lovren, and make a staement of intent to keep him, he is the Killer of our team and make him feel very important to us with Wanyama and Morgan.

we should immediately hand the team captain to Lovren, and make a staement of intent to keep him, he is the Killer of our team and make him feel very important to us with Wanyama and Morgan.

Agree 100% - he is definite captain material and seems to be well liked!

Plus we all love his rousing match day tweets ;)

Nice one Guam, good to hear.

I can confirm what he is saying about not discussing transfers, my pal ITK answers his personal phone to me with, 'Hi, I aint saying nothing about transfers, what's on your mind' and wont answer his business phone to me at all. Job is worth too much.

What he will say is that 17 inquires in, and 7 inquiries out and they are working on 3 at the moment, 'which are expected but not talkes about'.

But his friend is better than mine in this.

I think if he hands in a written request he is effectively resigning and the club (or the buying club) don't have to pay up the rest of his contract.

Yes, I understand that. But it seems to me that if he's said it verbally to them, its like saying "I want/intend to leave the club, but won't put that in writing because you wont pay me if I do." That has to be wrong on some level.

Its also interesting that liverpool are pressurising for a decision before the world cup. One can only assume they are expecting him to have a good one, which will up his value.

The Board werent the ones leaking info to Blackmore were they? AL said earlier that he was concentrating on the WC first and foremost and then, once Rickie gets his move, the dummy gets spat out. Posters on here are more than happy to believe all sorts of spurious nonsense if it fits their agenda. The club release some info and it doesn't fit in with what they want to believe so teh Club have their own agenda. Of course they do. They have come under a lot of flak (some of the things said about Katherine have been disgraceful) so who can blame them for trying to redress the balance.

I can confirm what he is saying about not discussing transfers, my pal ITK answers his personal phone to me with, 'Hi, I aint saying nothing about transfers, what's on your mind' and wont answer his business phone to me at all. Job is worth too much.

What he will say is that 17 inquires in, and 7 inquiries out and they are working on 3 at the moment, 'which are expected but not talkes about'.

Working on 3 transfers in?

Very confusing, now does that mean that we have received 17 enquiries (ie in) and made 7 (ie out) or vice-versa.

Interesting information. As usual I'll wait to see what happens before getting all excited about it.

Though I will say that I WAS putting all the information leaks down to Cortese, nice to hear that isn't the case. I can't think of many reasons not to take that at face value, if he was stirring he'd at very least want us to know it was him.

Would be disappointed if Lallana went, annoyed if it was for less than £40m given all the money Prem clubs have and the England international and homegrown premium, and not really sure where to sit on the "top 10 not just CL" angle, which is probably the most controversial element.

From what I can tell the leaks about Lallana haven't come from within the club and have come directly from Adams mouth to the media on the proviso that they do not quote him on them. He even said both in his interview after the player awards and the interview in the Man Utd program that he wanted to play champions league football adding the caveat that it didn't mean immediately, so I think it's safe to say that he has been angling for a move for a while now and has told the club that he wants out.

Fair enough that he wants to better himself but to go about it in the way he is, is wrong and disrespectful to all of those who have idolised him and all of the effort the club has put into turning him into the player he has at last become. He seems to want to leave on his terms and is trying to push through the deal that Liverpool want us to take.

If he wants to go to the scousers so badly, I say take the 25 million on the proviso that he dips into his own pocket to pay the 25% to Bournemouth, if he's so desperate to play for Liverpool in the champions league then it will be a small price for him to pay and will show that he's not all about the money.

Agree with this completely. Would have loved Everton pipping Arsenal to 4th and watching The Gunners go into a meltdown that would make whats going on at SMS look like a vicarage tea party.

I find the CL all rather tedious - group stages dull beyond belief, poor atmosphere at grounds. KO stages marginally better but 2-legged so dilutes the excitement, and the whole shooting match confined to an arrogant, self-perpetuating elite where underdogs rarely get a look-in.

I knew Lallana was a little c#ck, thanks for rationalizing my dislike of him Guan.

Have to say that really riled me. Judge Adam Lallana on what he has done for our club. I like him and he is a good footballing role model for my son. Shame I got his name on his shirt though.

I find the CL all rather tedious - group stages dull beyond belief, poor atmosphere at grounds. KO stages marginally better but 2-legged so dilutes the excitement, and the whole shooting match confined to an arrogant, self-perpetuating elite where underdogs rarely get a look-in.

Totally agree. It is only interesting in the later stages. If Clubs were not so greedy it would be a straight knockout competition and it would be very exciting.

I'm with you, I couldn't be arsed to watch the final either.

If Liverpool get lallana as well I really really hope the get Donetsk in the CL group stages.

[video=youtube_share;RNukK48xb_k]

....... It is also thought that a raise from any top 10, instead of top 4 club, would be enough to have him causing disruption once more..... .

Am I reading too much into this bit? Or has AL had the occasional spat before?

Great shame he has chosen to behave in this way. Has soured his relationship with more than a few which is a downright shame considering what he has done for and with Saints.

However, in my own, admittedly vindictive manner, I would make him put in a written transfer request, wait till after the World Cup, set a price of, say, £27m - £30m, and sell him to anybody prepared to pay the price, Liverpool or not.

....or make him play solitaire at Staplewood for a couple of years.

And thanks for this post Guan

Very confusing, now does that mean that we have received 17 enquiries (ie in) and made 7 (ie out) or vice-versa.

I think some of the Inquires in are for the Same player ie Chelsea Man U or Man City after Shaw

Interesting to watch Adam go from hero to zero so quickly that it would make even a pompey fan blush...

Having said that I'm having trouble finding much sympathy for him it seems to me he made up his mind to ditch us a while ago and playing the loyalty card with Adam

Blackmore really got my goat. The fact that the club feel he'd jump ship for any side in the top 10 makes it look like he is after the cash than football trophies.

Sorry, as I understand it, he says there are 17 enquiries for our players and we have made 7 enquiries of other players from other teams.

Enquiries don't equal transfers though, and he only has 3 things on his desk at the moment related to SFC.

Have to say that really riled me. Judge Adam Lallana on what he has done for our club. I like him and he is a good footballing role model for my son. Shame I got his name on his shirt though.

Put this goon Pastie in ignore, he is nothing more than a troll...

Sorry, as I understand it, he says there are 17 enquiries for our players and we have made 7 enquiries of other players from other teams.

Enquiries don't equal transfers though, and he only has 3 things on his desk at the moment related to SFC.

I read it as 17 enquiries for players to come in and 7 received for players to go out. :(

Bought my 6 year old son up from Devon for the Stoke game in February, he wanted to meet all the players so ensured we arrived early at St Marys. As they arrived every player was absolutely fantastic with the waiting few, ensuring photos were taken for everyone and nobody missed an autograph. Only noticeable difference was Adam, although he stopped for a few it was a battle to catch him as he seemed to be trying to get away with as few conversations as possible and didn't seem nearly as friendly as I was expecting.

Could obviously have been for a number of reasons but did surprise me at the time he didn't come across as the sort of bloke I was expecting. Didn't think about it again until I read this thread but stuck with me that he seemed 'different' to the rest on that particular day...

Called to a friend in China on Sunday to see what this Year of the Horse held for the likes of Lallana. Adam in Chinese astrology is a Dragon. i called back this morning and was told this year and next aren't good for Dragon subjects especially if trying to change jobs or property issues. Him signing a new contract last year however was good and would bring him good luck and advancement with his career.He's been on a high this past year but truly got his wires crossed and not handled things well. I just hope he's going to spend the next month sweating and sleepless for all the turmoil his selfishness has caused. He should never have been given the Captain's role as he's not been a good role model and probably turned the heads of a number of players and youngsters.

Pfft - only just got my "Lallana 20" England shirt through the post!!

My son has been wearing his Lallana 20 shirt proudly all this week.

Don't worry about some of the reactions here and on the ECHO site.. all based purely on some leeked info that the club wanted you to see and interpret in a certain way.

Agendas are just like ar**holes... everyone's got one. Especially true in the world of politics, football and business in general.

I think saints should issue this tweet and stop all this cloak and daggers stuff:

14tsrvt.jpg

Edit: and we should also do the right thing by Bournemouth. Our own fault for not buying that sell-on clause out. Any attempts to NOT pay Bournemouth what they are owed (should the transfer complete) would be very, very bad in my eyes.

That being said, I think it totally fair that Saints are asking for a fee that includes this sell-on clause. Liverpool can cry all they want about it not being their problem, and why should they have to pay more for Lallana to satisfy a payment we would be liable for.. but to that I say... its a sellers market Liverpool. The price is fixed and its none of your business how we arrive at that sum.

Edited by jasonb

Hello all.

Now a word of warning first. This is going to be a lengthy post, so those of little patience may want to skip it! Also, it is slightly more 'politicised' than a smiley, due to the source and the timing. Everyone has an agenda, after all. Think of this as more re-tweet than Op-Ed!

With that caveat in mind, let us plough ahead.

1. Lallana. As you may see from my posting history, things I have been privy to from inside the club have meant I have never warmed to a certain badge kissing individual as much as others. His lack of care at his internal end of season review (including his statistical input input into matches) had alarm bells ringing, as did his apparent contrasting attitudes in discussing his future with those inside and outside the club. Some within the club are happy that the Blackmore tweet broke, as it showed that the Loyal local lad may not have Saints as his number one thought. It is also thought that a raise from any top 10, instead of top 4 club, would be enough to have him causing disruption once more. Whether or not he will hand in a transfer request, or Liverpool will Negotiate a lump sum settlement with Bournemouth remains to be seen. Intresting that his former boss does not rate him enough to bid for him (all alleged). Whatever happens, don't expect a 'goodtimes' highlights reel if he does leave.

2. Lambert. The Club had received a number of enquiries for Rickie, but he batted them away. The board was mindful that within a few days of meeting the players (December), Rickie had managed to insert Liverpool into most conversations, such was his passion for his home-town club. They were also grateful for his courteous, patient behaviour upon hearing of the offer, and there was genuine good feeling on both sides when goodbyes were made. Unlike some others.

3. Budget. The 35 Million is still in place. The board are hesitant to confirm the amount added to this now, as prices will be artificially inflated even without more sales.

4. Katharina Liebherr. Despite the prevailing view on here, she does care for the club, and our future. One thing my source was unclear on (because they couldn't get a handle on it yet) is whether she genuinely thinks RK and Reed are doing a sufficient job on a learning curve, or whether their is an imminent reshuffle. One thing is certain though, there has been an increase in 2 person meetings as opposed to group meetings.

5. Cortese. Though in the immediate aftermath and at the end of the season Cortsese was active in engaging the press, it is not thought that the whispered campaign against the club originates from him, but it does stem from his leaving as

6. The press. The club sought out untapped Journos to tell 'their side' as Cortese departed. But they underestimated how much access and coverage the media would demand in return, and as a result, conventional agreements were ignored, and many more interesting than 'helpful' stories have appeared. There may be an appointment soon to help restore balance.

7. The Manager. "Too Sensitive" I asked for a nationality or initials. "No". They want the business done before national management positions become vacant though

Sorry I've had to censor the amount and quality of Info (I'm not allowed to discuss Shaw, for instance. At all).

No, what has got on everyone's nerves so much is Lallana agitating for a move via Blackmore etc, in the public eye and making Saints position weaker. So this isn't 'one leak'. Feel free to stick up all the leaks that run contrary to this and show that Lallana is actually keen to stay or work with the club?

This ITK source is reliable and doesn't really look to have any angle or agenda.

:mcinnes:

I find the 'not our problem' thing from Liverpool bizarre. If you want to buy something and are moaning about the price, it's very much your problem. Saints can value him however they please. If they wanted to turn down £40m it would be within their rights. If Liverpool don't want to pay £30m, then don't. Don't spend all summer whining to try and get the price down. If they're going to do that, tell Lallana he can join any other club that meets the fee.

From Saints point of view, £30m might seem like a bargain after the world cup, so why on earth would we sell now? Seems about right to me, 26, technically gifted, england international, prem team of the year, why the **** should he be 'good value' or cheap?

They are forever moaning.

Didn't they try and take United to court because Fergie didn't want to sell them Heinze?

Bought my 6 year old son up from Devon for the Stoke game in February, he wanted to meet all the players so ensured we arrived early at St Marys. As they arrived every player was absolutely fantastic with the waiting few, ensuring photos were taken for everyone and nobody missed an autograph. Only noticeable difference was Adam, although he stopped for a few it was a battle to catch him as he seemed to be trying to get away with as few conversations as possible and didn't seem nearly as friendly as I was expecting.

Could obviously have been for a number of reasons but did surprise me at the time he didn't come across as the sort of bloke I was expecting. Didn't think about it again until I read this thread but stuck with me that he seemed 'different' to the rest on that particular day...

Sounds exactly like my experience at the Cardiff game. Got photos of my son with everyone except Adam, who was by far the least interested in engaging with the fans. Ricky on the other hand was awesome.

I will say this for the forum assassination of AL... It's very therapeutic. I'm almost starting to believe we're better off without him.

I'm pretty sure we'd have made top six without him holding us back last season ;)