Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

Its Koeman home it's Koeman home it's coming , football's Koeman home

this is good obv, but i'm not sure bout leaving the 3rd coming unaltered like that. Have you considered the effect this has on the assonance of ur work?

OK, but, in truth, Oranjeboom isn't much cop either. Why are so many cr*p lagers so popular?

Because of the advert "Oranjeboom, Oranjeboom it's a lager not a tune, Oranjeboom the order of the day..."

in fact :-

Koeman boom, Koeman boom, he's the manager not a loon, Koeman boom the manager of the day..."

Only because no-one speaks it. Most Dutch people speak better English than most people in England, except for the ones who live near the German border, where they speak fluent German. Dutch is one of the easiest foreign languages to understand (at least to read) as it shares much with the English language. Impossible to learn though because you can't practice it.

Steve McClaren speaks better Dutch than most Dutch people!!!!

Surprised a press conference hasn't been called yet...

Don't need one. They're just for the gratification of the media, usually a competition to see who can ask the most banal question, and who probably have more interesting things on their plate at the moment to be fair.

Just sign the papers, issue an announcement and let him get to work.

Don't need one. They're just for the gratification of the media, usually a competition to see who can ask the most banal question, and who probably have more interesting things on their plate at the moment to be fair.

Just sign the papers, issue an announcement and let him get to work.

This, and will avoid the myriad of silly questions about bids for players, who is leaving, who are we signing. We will do a press conf only when we want to #thesouthamptonway

Just love posts with 'Myriad' in, my favourite word!

Except it's 'myriad', not 'myriad of'. The latter is ungrammatical.

Sorry, my personal hate, this one, up there with 'centring around'.

Except it's 'myriad', not 'myriad of'. The latter is ungrammatical.

Sorry, my personal hate, this one, up there with 'centring around'.

And 'comprises' rather than 'comprises of', or 'an historic day' rather than 'a historic day'.

Hang on, I'll be back with more (and I'll only shut up if they make the damned announcement).

:cool::cool::p;)

Irregardless of people's hate of bad grammer I think we should get back on the more important topics.

What is he having for lunch?

Irregardless*is a word commonly used in place of*regardless*or*irrespective, which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century, though the word appeared in print as early as 1795. Most dictionaries list it as "nonstandard" or "incorrect" usage, and recommend that "regardless" should be used instead.

That word is one of my pet peeves, so please excuse me jumping on the grammar bandwagon 8)

I think it's funny that Liverpool and Man U fans assume the signings of Shaw and Lallana will go through instantly now. Somehow I don't think that's what Saints meant when they said that no deals will be done until we have a new manager?

I think it's funny that Liverpool and Man U fans assume the signings of Shaw and Lallana will go through instantly now. Somehow I don't think that's what Saints meant when they said that no deals will be done until we have a new manager?

It's a choice between the word until and before. Subtle difference!! SSN using until....Reed used before. Time will tell of course but it's a great appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk