Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

Time for some Oranjeboom?

When I was a kid in the fifties I used to find bottles and empty crates of Oranjeboom washed up on the beach near Harwich. I used to think they were really exotic but now I prefer Amstel. I expect a visit to the brewery and a few free pints later had something to do with it. :)

I am very pleased that yet another stressful chapter in the history of our club is drawing to a close. Will be good that he is in place, and almost certainly thinking about his squad already, so that he can face the likes of Shaw, Lallana, Lovren and Schneiderlin when they return from the WC and try to sell his vision to them.

I am a little nervous that he has the necessary personality to deal with such a tricky task, but he has a fairly impressive record overall (except Valencia) and hopefully has the contacts in place to do a god job reinforcing the squad.

I wish him all the best.

He is from a nation that I am fond of. I have Netherlands blood... It is in the surname. I seem to end up back in the Netherlands for one reason or another and was close to moving there in 1991.

Went there twice with school and have worked for 2 companies with a head office there. One of them I had to go out to once a month.

Went on my stage do there and since being with my wife discovered that she used to go to euro camp a lot with her family do duinrell and yes you guessed in the Netherlands and have ended up back there 3 times.

Keep a close eye on the international team and have a soft spot for Ajax who I have been lucky to see twice.

It is a country I would love to live in!

Very happy and the right style of football for us!

Fascinating........No, really, it is.

I am very pleased that yet another stressful chapter in the history of our club is drawing to a close. Will be good that he is in place, and almost certainly thinking about his squad already, so that he can face the likes of Shaw, Lallana, Lovren and Schneiderlin when they return from the WC and try to sell his vision to them.

I am a little nervous that he has the necessary personality to deal with such a tricky task, but he has a fairly impressive record overall (except Valencia) and hopefully has the contacts in place to do a god job reinforcing the squad.

I wish him all the best.

Are the board still procrastinating our way to the championship?

Don't know about you chaps and chapesses, but I am very happy at this news and optimistic about the coming season for the first time for a while. But I think we should let those who want to go, go*, and work on a rebuild at the first opportunity. Hopefully Koeman will have well over £50m to spend. If he can't do it with that I would be very surprised.

*I would try and keep Shaw and feel that could be do-able.

Wouldn't have happened if NC was still here, if his agent had said a word he would have disappeared never to be seen again....

I just hope that is not a last minute rallying call to any other clubs that might be interested in him.

Not the Steve Wigley/Billy Davies standard manager you were expecting, then.

Not like you to be painfully, pathetically, pitifully wrong, is it?

Koeman will be lucky to get to half time in his first pre season match before you develop a "hilarious" spiteful nickname for him.

Ronald Mcdonald or as he is Dutch Agent Orange ?

Edited by mcjwills

I would still be very surprised if Shaw, Lallana and Lovren do not leave, despite all the usual posturing. Cork and Fonte also likely.

Following that I would expect a bunch of Dutchmen will replace them.....we will be like the South Coast Newcastle but with clogs on. It may well still all work but will be much more fragile without the core of players that got us here in the first place.

I would still be very surprised if Shaw, Lallana and Lovren do not leave, despite all the usual posturing. Cork and Fonte also likely.

Following that I would expect a bunch of Dutchmen will replace them.....we will be like the South Coast Newcastle but with clogs on. It may well still all work but will be much more fragile without the core of players that got us here in the first place.

AL may go, but I think Shaw and Lovren will remain. Cork and Fonte will sign contract extensions. Ever the optimist, me.

Fonte and Cork very much both want to stay and would have both signed new contracts if Ralph had been a rsed to offer them to them. Both are a bit f'ked off at the club for this not happening.

Hopefully RK will rectify this situation very promptly.

Fonte and Cork very much both want to stay and would have both signed new contracts if Ralph had been a rsed to offer them to them. Both are a bit f'ked off at the club for this not happening.

Hopefully RK will rectify this situation very promptly.

What about Dejan, what did he tell you when you asked him?

Hope he speaks English, Dutch is impossible to understand.

Only because no-one speaks it. Most Dutch people speak better English than most people in England, except for the ones who live near the German border, where they speak fluent German. Dutch is one of the easiest foreign languages to understand (at least to read) as it shares much with the English language. Impossible to learn though because you can't practice it.