Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

He's a WWE fan, which means he lives in the fantasy world. Said he delivered something to his house - someone should ask him where Mr Rodgers lives.

Silly comment. In that case anyone who enjoys films or any fictional TV series also lives in a fantasy world...

Anyone who likes Wrestling is a c**t as far as I'm concerned, watching a scripted sporting series and commenting with things like 'OH I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED' is f**king ludicrous.

Brainless, moronic 'sport' of the highest order.

Well he is back from his holiday in Turkey today, let's hope he is flying back to the UK and the deal can be announced shortly. Wonder if the "paperwork" Les was referring to is in relation to sorting out his backroom team?

It's weird isn't ? In just about any other area of work, apart from a family firm of course, to employ a relative would be seen as close to corrupt. In football, anything goes.

Um, not corrupt! Just worth keeping an eye on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's weird isn't ? In just about any other area of work, apart from a family firm of course, to employ a relative would be seen as close to corrupt. In football, anything goes.

Nepotism is a family tradition. Given that we are run by the daughter of the late owner, nepotism is hardly unheard of at SFC. At least its better than the old school tie way of doing things, dontcha know.

Have they worked together in the past? Would also need another first team coach you would think.

I hope Ronald can actually bring in the people he wants, the whole setup is just as important as the Manager.

I am really pleased you think of these things as I am sure there is no one at the club with the wherewithall and experience to consider these complex issues.

Have they worked together in the past? Would also need another first team coach you would think.

I hope Ronald can actually bring in the people he wants, the whole setup is just as important as the Manager.

I can't see why not. It's not as though there is a backup team still at the club. Makes sense to allow him to bring in who he wants to work with.

Our potential no.2. has managed Hungary, Feyenoord, and most recently RKC Waalwijk - the team that Martin Jol managed for 6 years before getting the Spurs job - albeit to relegation.

That is more impressive than WBA's new manager's track-record. Think about that for a second.

Look back over your last 100 posts or so - you have consistently claimed the board are incompetent.

Yes, but in this post I was just saying the back room team are often as important as the Manager, have you got an issue with that?

If you are going to pick up on something, use one of these other 100 posts you mention, not one where I didn't criticise the Board at all, and was just making a sensible point.

If they appoint Koeman then well done to them, they appear to be in control of the situation. There will still be an exodus of players which is a shame, and Ralph's PR at the start of the summer was dreadful, but there has been an improvement seemingly, although let's see how many players go and who the replacements are.

Nepotism is a family tradition. Given that we are run by the daughter of the late owner, nepotism is hardly unheard of at SFC. At least its better than the old school tie way of doing things, dontcha know.

On the whole, family brings loyalty. Something our team appears to need.

Add the fact his brother is a highly respected coach in his own right, looks like the best two for one deal of the century! (I sense they'll be just a little bit better that Wotte a load of rubbish.

Yes, but in this post I was just saying the back room team are often as important as the Manager, have you got an issue with that?

If you are going to pick up on something, use one of these other 100 posts you mention, not one where I didn't criticise the Board at all, and was just making a sensible point.

If they appoint Koeman then well done to them, they appear to be in control of the situation. There will still be an exodus of players which is a shame, and Ralph's PR at the start of the summer was dreadful, but there has been an improvement seemingly, although let's see how many players go and who the replacements are.

You have been pretty wet of late lad.

Quotes from Erwin Koeman's agent:

"It is true that there are talks going on (with Southampton)"

"The idea is that Ronald is Head Coach and Erwin as his assistant"[/QUOT

If this has been going on for a couple of weeks there must have been a few sticking points and some serious convincing to do for it to still not be confirmed.

That does worry me slightly although if it is just down to transfer budget then lets hope he is given a decent one.

Just received this from a Dutch friend:

"Congratulations with Ronald Koeman. He did really well at Feyenoord. Hopefully he can do the same at Southampton. Rumours are that he is going to take our striker , Graziano Pelle with him. Also a great move. This Italian scored about 50 goals the last 2 weeks, very popular at Feyenoord. . A good bloke, sometimes a bit too full of himself, but when you score nobody bothers about that. When used well, he will do well over there. I’ll be watching Southamptom next season."

"Congratulations with Ronald Koeman. He did really well at Feyenoord. Hopefully he can do the same at Southampton. Rumours are that he is going to take our striker , Graziano Pelle with him. Also a great move. This Italian scored about 50 goals the last 2 weeks, very popular at Feyenoord. . A good bloke, sometimes a bit too full of himself, but when you score nobody bothers about that. When used well, he will do well over there. I’ll be watching Southamptom next season."

For that reason, i'm in......

That's some goalscoring record.

he also had guidetti on loan the season before, scoring a similar number of goals.

the failure of guidetti might be an argument that pelle won't make it, but let's think of it as a reason that RK will get us scoring.

@JWTelegraph: Ronald Koeman to #saintsfc now imminent. There was a formal offer Friday and contract now with lawyers...

@JWTelegraph: Koeman back today from holiday in Turkey and planning to bring his brother, Edwin, as assistant as well as fitness coach Jan Kluitenburg