Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

If we do sign him I hope we sign another striker. You can't pin all your hopes on 1 striker from a lesser league, need to hedge our bets a little. Pelle and Ings would be great business IMO. Selling Lambert and Osvaldo we could get both for a reasonable outlay you'd hope.

Yeah, we are absolutely going to need 2 strikers. Will be interesting to see what formation Koeman will favour.

With Rickie gone, Osvaldo certain to leave, Lallana likely to go & J-rod missing through injury we need to re-build our whole attack.

Was just chatting to a feyonord fan and asked him a bit about Koeman;

tactical he is great. In his first year at Feyenoord we won all the big games because he was making smart tactical changes.

He wants to play attractive football, but if necessary he can make changes. End of this season Feyenoord played some difficult away games with 5 defenders to have more control.

At his last interview as coach of Feyenoord he said that he really wants to buy our striker Graziano Pelle at his new club.

All sounds good. If anyone would like me to ask anything else just ask.

I wonder how well it would have gone down on here if in Pochettino's last interview as Southampton Manager he'd said he really wants to buy Adam Lallana at his new club...

Problem is though, while Pelle looks excellent in Holland, why is his record in Serie A so appalling? Late bloomer or just playing in a poor league now? Could be like Lambert, could be Van Wolfswinkel. Certainly wouldn't want to pay beyond the 8m mentioned. Probably worth the gamble for that.

Unlike Lambert, big things were tipped for Pelle from an early age. Was one of the standout performers in the the U-20s World Cup in 2005. That tournament also featured the likes of Messi, Llorente and Silva.

He wasn't sure as two coaches have signed new deals so unlikely to now leave. Thinks he will have to start with new staff.

Because as we all know , nobody in football signs a new long contract then expects to leave with a year.

Echo say we have made a firm offer to him, hopeful will be done next week but not completed yet.

Yep, echo suggesting offer went in but not done. Behind with the developments or itk? Forum jumping the gun a little? Personally think as good as done.

Only downside being that he has never scored goals in a league of a standard near the PL and is nearly 29 so quite a risk at the reported £8-10m.

Niether had Bony and whilst he's a few years younger he also cost more.

Echo are totally crap . They really do not have a clue. The club have opened contract negotiations etc etc

They just are pathetic . Iam Murray to reporters . I need an update on saints for the back page could you check twitter . Facebook and the saints forum . You will be able to concoct story for the 3pm chaps . That Saint Richmond and Charlie fellow seem to know what's going on read their posts . Should be some juicy stuff from them we can print

I'm absolutely delighted with this appointment!

OK, it may go boobies skyward for us, who knows. However, this is a massive statement of intent from KL and the board. A high profile managerial appointment with a good war chest.

Whatever happens next will not be for lack of trying. I am pleased with the appointment, but much more pleased overall with the message that the board is sending. I can't wait for next season!!

Echo are totally crap . They really do not have a clue. The club have opened contract negotiations etc etc

How do you know its not true? Seems pretty plausible that talks have been ongoing, he wants to, and will, sign but its just not 100% done yet.

Nothing outlandish there.

True. But theres also Afonso Alves.

Pelle does look a tidy finisher and the Manager knows him well but £8m-£10m is a big fee for a 29 year old with no real big league record.

That's the difficulty though. Where could you get a striker sure to give you goals in the premier league for less than 10m under 30 years of age(albeit only just)?

Rvp moved to United proven, aged 28, for three times that.

8m risks are the market we are in.

That's the difficulty though. Where could you get a striker sure to give you goals in the premier league for less than 10m under 30 years of age(albeit only just)?

Rvp moved to United proven, aged 28, for three times that.

8m risks are the market we are in.

Completely, its very hard. Just feel we have to be careful as will have lost so many goals from our team that we can't afford to get it wrong or will be in a relegation fight.

I'm absolutely delighted with this appointment!

OK, it may go boobies skyward for us, who knows. However, this is a massive statement of intent from KL and the board. A high profile managerial appointment with a good war chest.

Whatever happens next will not be for lack of trying. I am pleased with the appointment, but much more pleased overall with the message that the board is sending. I can't wait for next season!!

Has anything been firmed up on Kat's chest yet?

Given how indebted we are to her, you'd think you guys would be more respectful...but no.

Disrespectful? I love her to bits!! When I really really like a woman, I often find myself thinking about her nipples. That is not a sign of disrespect, it's a product of love.

Lighten up!

True. But theres also Afonso Alves.

Pelle does look a tidy finisher and the Manager knows him well but £8m-£10m is a big fee for a 29 year old with no real big league record.

Bony was 12m, had less "big league" experience than Pelle. Is 4 years younger though, granted.

Disrespectful? I love her to bits!! When I really really like a woman, I often find myself thinking about her nipples. That is not a sign of disrespect, it's a product of love.

Lighten up!

Thanks for that, you have just made me think of Anne Widdicombe!

How much did we pay for JRod?

About £6-7m as the other poster said, but he had improvement in him and a decent resale value due to his age. Pelle wouldn't have that, he would be a signing to hit the ground running and get goals now.

If he can do that then great, if he would need time to settle and get used to the required level then its a problem as we have no Lambert, Jay and probably Lallana which must be 70 odd percent of our goals next season.