Saints sign Pelle - Official

offix

It's a lot of money tbh, but as I've said - to have that sort of goal ratio at any level means you have something about you. A goal scorer is a goal scorer, put him in L1, NPC, PL, International - if he's a goal scorer and gets the service, he will score goals.

It's a lot of money tbh, but as I've said - to have that sort of goal ratio at any level means you have something about you. A goal scorer is a goal scorer, put him in L1, NPC, PL, International - if he's a goal scorer and gets the service, he will score goals.

He's the sort of player that with Ramirez, Tasic etc around him, he'll score goals. Plenty of chances to be tucked away potentially.

He's the sort of player that with Ramirez, Tasic etc around him, he'll score goals. Plenty of chances to be tucked away potentially.

Exactly, and Tadic has a delivery to die for....

but don't think Gaston will be around.

Take a cr4p or get off the pot Saints. Fannying around with silly bids while Koeman starts pre-season without a strike force appears to be a bit noddy.

Perhaps our "difficult financial situation" was more difficult than you'd think. If we are intending to spend all we receive and more on team strengthening as reported then we must be looking at a large number of mid to low priced layers by PL standards. Why bid 5 million when you know that the asking price is 10, I mean it's not as if Koeman wouldn't know that is it. We're trying to sell for a lot and buy for little, then again perhaps that's the way they do things at Green Bay Packers. At the end of the day come August we'll probably have a cheap team and cheap kit.

11:09

And Sky Sports sources also understand that Southampton have made an offer for Feyenoord striker Graziano Pelle. It is understood that the bid is below Feyenoord's £9.5million valuation of Pelle, who has spent the last two seasons playing under new Southampton boss Ronald Koeman at De Kuip.

FFS. Offer them the €12M. Do the deal. Stop trying to save pocket change (in relative terms.) Then move on to the next transfer target.

Just because we have the funds it doesn't mean we should just go straight in with the asking price, I'm glad we're still bartering for players otherwise all our future bargaining powers will be non existent. People need to stop panicking, it's day 2 of pre-season.

FFS. Offer them the €12M. Do the deal. Stop trying to save pocket change (in relative terms.) Then move on to the next transfer target.

Pocket change? If we save £2-3m through negotiations then that could pay for a senior players wages for a year.

Glad that the Lallana/Shaw money isn't burning a whole through Uncle Les' pocket, and we are trying to get maximum value from transfers in and out.

Pocket change? If we save £2-3m through negotiations then that could pay for a senior players wages for a year.

Glad that the Lallana/Shaw money isn't burning a whole through Uncle Les' pocket, and we are trying to get maximum value from transfers in and out.

Agree - £2-3m is a huge chunk of cash. Paid for Fonte, SRL and Cork!

Interesting that he plays most of the game with his back to goal. What I'd like to know, and the article doesn't tell me, is what transformed him from a striker with a poor goal scoring record into a prolific striker at Feyenoord. This would give us an indication of how we might play next season, should we sign him.

Bid accepted according to Ad.nl

Southampton voldoet aan vraagprijs Pellè

Southampton heeft een nieuw bod op Graziano Pellè uitgebracht. VolgensLa Gazzetta dello Sport wil de nieuwe club van trainer Ronald Koeman 12 miljoen euro betalen voor de topscorer van Feyenoord. Dat zou ook de vraagprijs zijn van de Rotterdamse club. Gisteren werd een lager bod van Southampton nog afgewimpeld door Feyenoord. Maar een reünie tussen Koeman en Pellè lijkt nu echt aanstaande. Eerder trok Southampton al Dusan Tadic van FC Twente aan.

Perhaps our "difficult financial situation" was more difficult than you'd think. If we are intending to spend all we receive and more on team strengthening as reported then we must be looking at a large number of mid to low priced layers by PL standards. Why bid 5 million when you know that the asking price is 10, I mean it's not as if Koeman wouldn't know that is it. We're trying to sell for a lot and buy for little, then again perhaps that's the way they do things at Green Bay Packers. At the end of the day come August we'll probably have a cheap team and cheap kit.

It's because they are asset stripping, like you thought all along. Right mate?

;)

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/feyenoord-en-southampton-naderen-akkoord-over-pelle.htm?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nieuws

Feyenoord and Southampton approaching agreement on Pellè

Feyenoord en Southampton naderen akkoord over Pellè

Graziano Pellè makes almost certainly switched to Southampton, now the trainer Ronald Koeman's new club has reached an agreement in principle with Feyenoord.

It would be according to insiders go to a transfer fee of around eight million euros fixed, supplemented by all kinds of bonuses, which are still subject of conversation. Southampton has money in cash. Shaw sold The Saints Luke and Adam Lallana to Manchester United and Liverpool respectively for about 65 million euros.

Koeman should reinvest a large portion of that money and allows the arrival of Dusan Tadic (FC Twente) and especially Pellè as top priority. The trainer also knows that Feyenoord itself does not resist a departure from the Italian State, which-although extremely successful-internally also for problems. Feyenoord sees eight million plus bonuses as a great amount for the striker who is on 15 July 29 years.

Yes, we're aiming to sell for more than we spend I think, probably to pay off debts and the training centre.

We shall see exactly who is being led up the garden path come August.

Everyone, but you? Including the brothers Koeman, who you know, may have actually spoken to people at the club. I may be wrong, but I'm guessing you haven't?

You've also gone from predicting a fire sale to balancing the books. The two are quite different.

I know you're naturally a cynic and a pessimist, and that's fine. But I really don't think it's all as evil as you make out some times.

We had a crop of good players, they got silly offers. It's unusual for it to happen, but come on we got more for Shaw and Lallana than Milan did for Silva & Zlatan. Kat had clearly committed to the training ground long before these offers were on the table.

We probably won't spend £60m+ (is it m+ or +m? I never know), but that doesn't mean we won't invest and carry on. It's not the best of times, I even had a bit of a wobble. But we'll be reet.

It's certainly not an asset strip.

Agree, but lets not tempt fate. We all remember John Halls!

Christ, that's a blast from the past. I remember the pictures of him at Staplewood.

and hours later, there he was at Reading.

I think we dodged a bullet though, to be fair. He amounted to the square route of **** all.

Everyone, but you? Including the brothers Koeman, who you know, may have actually spoken to people at the club. I may be wrong, but I'm guessing you haven't?

You've also gone from predicting a fire sale to balancing the books. The two are quite different.

I know you're naturally a cynic and a pessimist, and that's fine. But I really don't think it's all as evil as you make out some times.

We had a crop of good players, they got silly offers. It's unusual for it to happen, but come on we got more for Shaw and Lallana than Milan did for Silva & Zlatan. Kat had clearly committed to the training ground long before these offers were on the table.

We probably won't spend £60m+ (is it m+ or +m? I never know), but that doesn't mean we won't invest and carry on. It's not the best of times, I even had a bit of a wobble. But we'll be reet.

It's certainly not an asset strip.

As I say we shall see, no point in anticipating one way or the other. I see us in August with a vastly diminished side and probably some mediocre performances from it. You see all rosy in the garden. As for Koeman who cares, an unemployed manager who may or not do well for us. We shall soon find out.

As I say we shall see, no point in anticipating one way or the other. I see us in August with a vastly diminished side and probably some mediocre performances from it. You see all rosy in the garden. As for Koeman who cares, an unemployed manager who may or not do well for us. We shall soon find out.

Why do you even bother you #wat

I'm not saying its rosy. I'm not saying we'll be better than last season. I don't think we will.

I'm being realistic. Look up what a fire sale is. The term has been thrown around a lot on here, it's not what is happening.

Harsh on Koeman, unemployed because he left a job he had done very well at and was mostly appreciated by the fans. Anyway, remind me how the last unemployed manager we hired went?

C'mon man, it's not all so bad.

I'm not saying its rosy. I'm not saying we'll be better than last season. I don't think we will.

I'm being realistic. Look up what a fire sale is. The term has been thrown around a lot on here, it's not what is happening.

Harsh on Koeman, unemployed because he left a job he had done very well at and was mostly appreciated by the fans. Anyway, remind me how the last unemployed manager we hired went?

C'mon man, it's not all so bad.

I've never used the term fire sale myself, probably not even asset stripping. All I can see is that we're selling major players for major sums and making relatively low offers for unknowns from Holland. I think we're likely to find ourselves in shîte street in August, that thought does not please me in any way shape or form.