Saints sign Pelle - Official

offix

UPDATE:

Feyenoord10:03am via Twitter Web ClientRuud Vormer (lies) en Graziano Pellè (enkel) zijn vanwege lichte klachten achtergebleven in het spelershotel. #Feyenoord

Ruud Vormer (groin) and Graziano Pelle (only) because of mild symptoms remained in the players' hotel.

*could of course be ballaks re "mild symptoms" *

Edited by SO16_Saint

He played for them last night so its unlikely he's 'striking' or off somewhere for negotiations. From all the different tweets it looks as though he definitely wants to leave but it wont necessarily be to us.

Edited by buctootim

UPDATE:

Feyenoord10:03am via Twitter Web ClientRuud Vormer (lies) en Graziano Pellè (enkel) zijn vanwege lichte klachten achtergebleven in het spelershotel. #Feyenoord

Ruud Vormer (groin) and Graziano Pelle (only) because of mild symptoms remained in the players' hotel.

*could of course be ballaks re "mild symptoms" *

If he's injured his only, we should steer clear IMHO.

Pelle and Ossie, it's the Italian dream ticket.

Those two could be quite tasty together, they'd complement each other too. Could even be the Italian international forward line if they gelled well.

Until Ossie is sold off I've got my fingers crossed for a reconciliation.

Rolls of the tongue nicely, but possibly the slowest strike force ever.

Rolls of the tongue nicely, but possibly the slowest strike force ever.

Dixon & (the inappropriately named) Speedie.

or even Dowie & Paul Moody.

All courtesy of Mr Branfoot. He clearly knew a thing or two about strikers.

Edited by Badger

http://www.feyenoordpings.nl/nieuws/12978/-ac-milan-wil-koeman-te-slim-af-zijn-en-gaat-voor-pell-.html

The transition from Graziano Pelle to Southampton is still uncertain. The clubs seemed to be heading off on an agreement, but according to British media Feyenoord and The Saints but disagree on the amount of the transfer fee. AC Milan seems to want to take advantage of this and see in the Feyenoord striker Mario Balotelli for a desired successor.

Knows Il Sussidiario to report Thursday. It seems almost certain that Balotelli this summer leaves the Milanese club. Earlier, Berlusconi had also been negative on the striker, who in recent weeks significantly associated with Arsenal. Related When he actually went to Milan, the club would like to strengthen the Italian. According to the aforementioned newspaper

Feyenoord and Southampton have been some time in negotiating Pellè but not yet come out. Feyenoord would be between ten and twelve million longing for its top scorer, while the new club Koeman does not seem to want to go over eight million further. Pellè has a commitment to mid-2017 in the Kuip, but starting this summer seems to it to be eligible for the attacker who is 29 years next week.

Gamesmanship over the fee I think. Might end up with Pelle going on strike.

Also worth noting that the Dutch articles are referring to the English media as the source, and I don't know if they all have much clue whats happening.

End of the day, its a big fee, but if RK thinks he will get us goals then its worth it - not like we don't have any money.

By crude calculations we have already made a 50m profit this summer. Will not even need to spend any of our own money this summer so an extra 1 or 2m surely makes little difference.

an extra 1 or 2m surely makes little difference.

While it would make little difference to our available resources, I think it's more the message that we would send out to other clubs by only paying what we felt necessary despite having quite a bit of cash sat behind us that is the problem with "an extra one or two million." By only paying what we say our highest offer is (potentially) we are letting other clubs know that we won't be taken the mickey of in the transfer market, even if we were quite happy taking the mickey with Liverpool!

While it would make little difference to our available resources, I think it's more the message that we would send out to other clubs by only paying what we felt necessary despite having quite a bit of cash sat behind us that is the problem with "an extra one or two million." By only paying what we say our highest offer is (potentially) we are letting other clubs know that we won't be taken the mickey of in the transfer market, even if we were quite happy taking the mickey with Liverpool!

Of course. But at times there is a necessity. We only have one striker who looks to have a future at the club and its only just over a month until the start of the season.

Of course. But at times there is a necessity. We only have one striker who looks to have a future at the club and its only just over a month until the start of the season.

We can be playing this out with Feyenood, £8m seems pretty fair to be honest for a 29(ish) year old striker who has only ever been good at one club whilst negotiating elsewhere. I see your point, but it sounds like Pellé isn't our main striker target... (I am making that assumption both from Monks comments and our seeming-unwillingness to pay any more than we feel we need to)

So you suggest panick buying? Do you really think we wont get strikers in by the deadline? I am sure the club know what they are doing and dont need any help from people with no knowledge of running a football club and far too much time on their hands telling them how to negotiate or who to buy.

So you suggest panick buying? Do you really think we wont get strikers in by the deadline? I am sure the club know what they are doing and dont need any help from people with no knowledge of running a football club and far too much time on their hands telling them how to negotiate or who to buy.

I would like to think (and I quote les reed) that we continuously have numerous targets lined up/watched in all positions..

needing strikers is hardly news for us and a crucial position. getting off to a good start in massively important in the prem. Just look at the fortunes of the last two seasons....

Bern you been eating red meat? That's quite an aggressive put down to someone who was only stating his view on a forum.

I am sure the club know what they are doing and dont need any help from people with no knowledge of running a football club and far too much time on their hands telling them how to negotiate or who to buy.

I don't think Ralph is much involved anymore tbf

Lets shut the forum down then, if we can't discuss how to run the club or manage the team. :lol:

Pretty much all threads on here do one of the above.

I hear the hold up in the signing of Pelle is due to discussions about a package deal for 2 players with Feyenoord at the same time.

Probably Clasie but no names yet....(if it´s him it can't be finished before he´s back from WC)

Lets shut the forum down then, if we can't discuss how to run the club or manage the team. :lol:

Pretty much all threads on here do one of the above.

As you point out, this is a forum for discussion. What I am trying to say to you and some others who do the same thing is that it is very tiresome where you have certain posters with clear agendas sniping away day in day out. I can pretty much guess what you are going to say before I open a thread. I know you will say put you on ignore but you are everywhere! Guess what, we know we need strikers, we know we need to bulk up the squad. That is happening so lets talk about who comes in and who else we are being linked with and stop with the underlying agenda that the Board dont know what they are doing. To be totally honest you usually write as if they need to come on here to find out how they should be running the club and that you are the only one who sees the problems.

I hear the hold up in the signing of Pelle is due to discussions about a package deal for 2 players with Feyenoord at the same time.

Probably Clasie but no names yet....(if it´s him it can't be finished before he´s back from WC)

From who? Is your source reputable? Sorry to ask but it could have been yer mums brothers pet budgie.

I think its you that has an agenda against me, which is fine.

Not you specifically but the type of posts. You clearly are not convinced by the new Board (which I understand). What I dont understand is the need for constant posts (and it isnt just you) having a pop at them when we have just started to recruit and we dont know what the squad will look like come the start of the season. If it isnt to your liking, then great, lets have a debate about it. Thing is some people seem to have made their minds up before we know what we have. I am not a happy clapper but the negativity isnt much fun. I'll be as negative as the next person if there is a firesale, asset stripping and KL proves that she has no interest in the club and the Board turn out to be c*ap - but so far I cant see that they are doing anything wrong given the circumstances.

because arsenal et all would have snapped him up instead of paying £20m+ for morgan

They're after Morgan because he has proved himself in the Premiership, Clasie may well be a better player but he has not proved it in the League that the teams are playing in.

They are risk averse hence they won't take the punt, they'll let someone else do it and then swoop in when/if he proves himself.

Matijn Krabbendam of Voetbal International is reporting that a fee has now been agreed at €8m.

So just over £6.25m (ish). Great bit of business if true - and top negotiating on our part.

Matijn Krabbendam of Voetbal International is reporting that a fee has now been agreed at €8m.

Martijn Krabbendam @ Mkrabby · 29m

# # Feyenoord and Southampton have agreement on Pellè eight million, but still bickering over some details. Nevertheless: deal in the making.

different story in the Star

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/388306/Ronald-Koeman-ends-Pelle-chase-turns-to-Connor-Wickham-as-Southampton-refuse-to-overpay

Edited by buctootim

I was wondering who they would announce at or before the press conference tomorrow. I couldn't believe Ronnie would turn up without more good news.

Would be a bit of a stretch. Was a good few days of Tadic being reportedly signed before it was officially announced. I'd give it a week or two.

Would be a bit of a stretch. Was a good few days of Tadic being reportedly signed before it was officially announced. I'd give it a week or two.

The article mentioned that both clubs hope to reach agreement on Friday. From all reports, Tadic was talking about joining other clubs before coming here but it seems that Pelle wants to stay with Ronnie. Could therefore be done quickly. Deal agreed in the morning, medical lunchtime, press conference 3pm. Job done. Unless there's someone else of course :-)