Saints sign Pelle - Official

offix

I can understand the club playing hardball on the fee negotiations, but someone there must realise that they are losing valuable PR by not being in a position to announce new signings in the wake of the 2 departures over the last week. Six weeks and counting to our visit to Anfield.

I can understand the club playing hardball on the fee negotiations, but someone there must realise that they are losing valuable PR by not being in a position to announce new signings in the wake of the 2 departures over the last week. Six weeks and counting to our visit to Anfield.

if you look at it objectively, why would the club care about p.r. at the moment? We've bought our season tickets, and no one is buyng tickets for single matches for weeks yet. So they don't *need* good p.r. for a while yet.

As long as they can announce some good news before the pre season games, they don't need to wory about p.r.

They do need to sign players early enough for Koeman to have a good pre season training period, but that could wait a week or two yet.

By the time we get to anfield we will not realise our team has changed to stripes!

This deal for Pelle reminds me too much of the delays and carry ons over Osvaldo and look where that'se ended up. If Koeman can't get this tied up by now, we need to tell him where to go. The last thing we need is another prima donna.

This deal for Pelle reminds me too much of the delays and carry ons over Osvaldo and look where that'se ended up. If Koeman can't get this tied up by now, we need to tell him where to go. The last thing we need is another prima donna.

It appears the hold up is on the valuation of the player with Feyenoord rather than the player and his ego.

What makes you think the 'hold up' is caused by the player?

Too slow!! Damn you Badger!

The delays are not due to personal terms but haggling over the transfer fee. Pelle missed Feyenoord's annual gala last night, which has been seen by their fans as an attempt to hasten the move. I think it is Pelle's competitive nature that has landed him in trouble rather than the arrogant streak displayed by Osvaldo.

The delays are not due to personal terms but haggling over the transfer fee. Pelle missed Feyenoord's annual gala last night, which has been seen by their fans as an attempt to hasten the move. I think it is Pelle's competitive nature that has landed him in trouble rather than the arrogant streak displayed by Osvaldo.

Perhaps Pelle needs to go on strike to get the move hurried up eh:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Perhaps Pelle needs to go on strike to get the move hurried up eh:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ha, I would hope not. Genuinely hope we work out a deal that is fair for both sides and he leaves with little acrimony. It looks like a bit of formality given Koeman's and Pelle's tight relationship, so happy to wait on this one.

It is the Tadic deal that I am more concerned about getting wrapped up quickly. Got a feeling someone like Spurs are going to play the stalking horse and jump in once a fee has been agreed. I do wonder whether Poch has disclosed to Spurs who our targets were, as Les Reed stated that they had agreed plans together on recruitment over the summer. Probably just paranoia on my part, but given their pretty appalling record in the transfer window last time around and our relative success, you'd think they'd be eager to find out who we are interested in.

Edited by Toon Saint

Ha, I would hope not. Genuinely hope we work out a deal that is fair for both sides and he leaves with little acrimony. It looks like a bit of formality given Koeman's and Pelle's tight relationship, so happy to wait on this one.

It is the Tadic deal that I am more concerned about getting wrapped up quickly. Got a feeling someone like Spurs are going to play the stalking horse and jump in once a fee has been agreed. I do wonder whether Poch has disclosed to Spurs who our targets were, as Les Reed stated that they had agreed plans together on recruitment over the summer. Probably just paranoia on my part, but given their pretty appalling record in the transfer window last time around you'd think they'd be eager to find out who we are interested in.

Fair point but given Spurs bloated squad and no doubt hefty wage bill they may need to sell a few first, at least I hope so

Personal terms were never mentioned by me. That is another matter. I am suggesting we are being messed about in the same way we were with Osvaldo. His club and the fees and the fact Osvaldo was Pochettino's former player as Pelle is Koemans.

Personal terms were never mentioned by me. That is another matter. I am suggesting we are being messed about in the same way we were with Osvaldo. His club and the fees and the fact Osvaldo was Pochettino's former player as Pelle is Koemans.

I thought the delays with Osvaldo was more his reluctance to come to us though? Roma directors were convincing him to accept the offer for ages before he relented.

That's not correct from info my source has given me.

Fee between clubs has been agreed for some time, and the ONLY sticking point is Pelle now upping his wage requirements.

I don't think we should be wasting our time on a 29 year-old striker for an OK club in the defenseless Dutch league.

Agreed, or at least not unless he's available for a good price. He looks so bloody cumbersome, similar to Rhodes who I'd like but 5 years older and with a far more erratic goalscoring record.

Agreed, or at least not unless he's available for a good price. He looks so bloody cumbersome, similar to Rhodes who I'd like but 5 years older and with a far more erratic goalscoring record.

Is Jordan Rhodes your boyf?

How Many Goals Do You Think Pelle Would Score In Premier League?

0-4 - Pellend

5-9 - aPaulling

10-14 - aPealling

15+ Pele

Oh god. You've given Alpine a nickname to use of he ever has a lead than perfect game. Or even if he doesn't.

I definitely have worries about going for 29 year old with no prem experience. At the end of the day guess have to trust Koeman that isn't going to be flop.

Remember when we got promoted with a 30 year old striker who had no previous Premier League experience? How did that work out?

Remember when we got promoted with a 30 year old striker who had no previous Premier League experience? How did that work out?

It worked out that we paid a million quid for him three years before, not nine million.