Saints sign Pelle - Official

offix

@MartijnHilhors: #Feyenoord and #Southampton have a deal. 8 million euros for #Pelle, but with an enormous amount of bonuses.#saintsfc

Dutch guy who works for OptaJohan (the Dutch stats people) on Twitter. Looks like this is a Guan smiley away from being done!

The article mentioned that both clubs hope to reach agreement on Friday. From all reports, Tadic was talking about joining other clubs before coming here but it seems that Pelle wants to stay with Ronnie. Could therefore be done quickly. Deal agreed in the morning, medical lunchtime, press conference 3pm. Job done. Unless there's someone else of course :-)

So Pelle has between ~10.00am and lunchtime to be notified, book a plane, catch a flight and arrive at Staplewood? Sounds like a high octane, if slightly boring thriller :p

So Pelle has between ~10.00am and lunchtime to be notified, book a plane, catch a flight and arrive at Staplewood? Sounds like a high octane, if slightly boring thriller :p

Go go go... The clock's ticking. He should be at the airport by now otherwise he'll be late :p

Martijn Krabbendam @ Mkrabby · 29m

# # Feyenoord and Southampton have agreement on Pellè eight million, but still bickering over some details. Nevertheless: deal in the making.

different story in the Star

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/388306/Ronald-Koeman-ends-Pelle-chase-turns-to-Connor-Wickham-as-Southampton-refuse-to-overpay

The story in the star is called a Crook own goal I guess :)

Unless the Wickham stories were neatly released to warn Feyenoord we were thinking about other targets...

That wouldn't have happened. We do our business in private and would never use the media to engineer a situation.

Unless the Wickham stories were neatly released to warn Feyenoord we were thinking about other targets...

I do think that there is a lot of this sort of "stalking horse" activity that goes on. There may well be a lot of truth in it as well......if it ain't going to happen at the right price, then the club would be a bit foolish to hang around until the last week of August, where no doubt prices go even higher.

Possibly, but we do need to sign at least 2 strikers imo. (Replacements for Rickie and Osvaldo - a third would be nice, to cover the half season that JRod will be out for.)

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 48sSouthampton continuing talks with Feyenoord over Graziano Pelle - but the two clubs are still some way apart on fee...

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 2m

Whilst Southampton and Feyenoord are struggling to agree terms for Pelle - fully expect him to be a Saints player in next week or so...

Roughly translated as "Graeme Bailey doesn't have a clue about what is your on".

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 2m

Whilst Southampton and Feyenoord are struggling to agree terms for Pelle - fully expect him to be a Saints player in next week or so...

Next week? When Saints are in Holland? Wow, that's a lucky bit of timing...

I've been told that a deal for a striker and left back is done. All I am going to say is that It will be very nice if my source frequents my local village pub over the next few weeks whilst they find a permanent base

Any hints on the left back?

I've been told that a deal for a striker and left back is done. All I am going to say is that It will be very nice if my source frequents my local village pub over the next few weeks whilst they find a permanent base

Ohhhh nice.

I do wonder if the lack of noise on LBs is due the our target still being involved overseas.

Yep, waiting for JW to return from WC.

I can't figure out whether your pub comment is supposed to be a clue. Is it because Pelle is very attractive and would give the village a continental appeal?

Voetbal International not a reliable source? Sure they get stuff wrong every now and then but they're a serious media outlet. I'd but them on a par with SkySports for reliability.Maybe the 8 million euro fee is wrong, Ad.nl is reporting 10 million, but on that could be the difference between a fee of 8 million with 2 million add-ons.

in what sense is any media outlet a reliable source for a transfer fee. they report what they are told. the dutch media will report what dutch sources want them to report and british sources will... report whatever is posted on this forum.

too much faith placed in media sources. all you know is which players each side has signed at the end of the window.