Saints sign Pelle - Official

offix

You're the one who brought up a completely irrelevant comparison.

It was totally relevant. A 29 year old who has no Prem experience (but is top scorer in the Dutch top flight) should be avoided coz he cant be any good. A 30 year old with no Prem experience, or top flight experience anywhere, did extremely well. Go figure

It was totally relevant. A 29 year old who has no Prem experience (but is top scorer in the Dutch top flight) should be avoided coz he cant be any good. A 30 year old with no Prem experience, or top flight experience anywhere, did extremely well. Go figure

That thirty year old was already playing for us.

Comparing a potential transfer in with a player starting his fourth season at the same club is an irrelevant comparison.

Go figure that.

That thirty year old was already playing for us.

Comparing a potential transfer in with a player starting his fourth season at the same club is an irrelevant comparison.

Go figure that.

I am not one of those making the case that a 29 year old without any Prem experience should be avoided. If someone has seen him play regularly and seen some flaws that might be an issue here, fair enough. But a flat rejection based on age and no Prem past is so blatantly dumb that it justifies a SRL comparison

I am not one of those making the case that a 29 year old without any Prem experience should be avoided. If someone has seen him play regularly and seen some flaws that might be an issue here, fair enough. But a flat rejection based on age and no Prem past is so blatantly dumb that it justifies a SRL comparison

Who has flatly rejected him?

I think people are allowed to have reservations at a high price for a player that old.

Making an utterly irrelevant comparison doesn't make the case for signing Pelle stronger.

I can see why saints don't want to pay over the odds for player who only has couple years of his peak level left. By then Sam Gallagher will have hopefully matured into top class striker. Sure that's what Saints are expecting

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

Hmm, that might take more than a couple of years...

Who has flatly rejected him?

I think people are allowed to have reservations at a high price for a player that old.

Making an utterly irrelevant comparison doesn't make the case for signing Pelle stronger.

Here is one in the last page, there are plenty of others.

I definitely have worries about going for 29 year old with no prem experience. At the end of the day guess have to trust Koeman that isn't going to be flop.

That's clearly not a "flat rejection" is it?

I give in. No mention of price, just concern about no Prem experience at age 29. There are plenty of others but if you read them all differently and cant see any reason at all for SRL comparison, I am off to check my yoghurt sell by date

Can't quite work out what's happening this one. The media seem convinced we are going to sign him but he still seems to be involved at Feyenoord. I wonder whether our interest is a bit of a red herring and we are actually after someone else?

I think we want him for sure, but I don't think the club feel he's worth what Feyernord want. - which I'd tend to agree with. £10m for a 29 year old, unproven in a top league, is a hell of a gamble IMO. I'm sure both clubs will reach an agreement in the end, but Feyernord won't get exactly what they want IMO.

Can't quite work out what's happening this one. The media seem convinced we are going to sign him but he still seems to be involved at Feyenoord. I wonder whether our interest is a bit of a red herring and we are actually after someone else?

Still haggling over the fee I am guessing. I think with Pelle it is a question of when not if. Makes sense to get the Tadic deal completed first as there is greater competition for his signature (as Everton's last-minute interest has shown,) and then hopefully sort out Pelle in next couple of days. The fact that he is still in training with Feyenoord does indicate that the transfer is not as far down the line as many in the media have stated though.

There is a mention in the media that we could be after Paulinho of Livorno instead. Of course, it could just be a tactic to put pressure on Pelle /his club/ his agent. But as he looks as if he could be Osvaldo's twin, I'm not keen on the idea.

If anything, i'm pleased to hear he is training today - shows that unlike a selection of our muppet players, he is prepared to act professionally even though he has a move to us lined up. (which i am assuming he does given the amount of media coverage it has got).

There is a mention in the media that we could be after Paulinho of Livorno instead. Of course, it could just be a tactic to put pressure on Pelle /his club/ his agent. But as he looks as if he could be Osvaldo's twin, I'm not keen on the idea.

I'd forgotten that Osvaldo is still on our books. Have I missed any news on him: have we crystalized our losses yet?!

I'd forgotten that Osvaldo is still on our books. Have I missed any news on him: have we crystalized our losses yet?!

He's not reported back to training, first day he contacted the club to say he was ill - but then pictures of him in LA surfaced, he still hasn't returned back.

If we get rid of him on a free it's a good deal. Horrific person.

Pelle is worth a lot to Feyenoord - a proven high scoring forward. To us he is attractive but with little resale value and no guarantee he can do it in the PL. Its a bit like the Lallana Liverpool standoff. Presumably we'll get him eventually.

Update:

Feyenoord currently working on Bas Dost as their replacement striker.

Pelle will move, but again, the Feyenoord TD van Geel is an insanely tough negotiator.

Well see who gives in first on the transfer fee, but the move is still 100% happening.

Update:

Pelle will move, but again, the Feyenoord TD van Geel is an insanely tough negotiator.

Well see who gives in first on the transfer fee, but the move is still 100% happening.

Appreciate the update.

Pelle is worth a lot to Feyenoord - a proven high scoring forward. To us he is attractive but with little resale value and no guarantee he can do it in the PL. Its a bit like the Lallana Liverpool standoff. Presumably we'll get him eventually.

This. Think 7m will do it in the end or 5m with 3m add ons

Update:

Can we sign Van Geel as well please ?

Ummm... why?

I bet that's all your parents heard from you as a kid. Do you have to post that one word to every post you don't agree with? How about just letting it go. Why Why Why. A massive spoilt brat comes to mind!

He's not reported back to training, first day he contacted the club to say he was ill - but then pictures of him in LA surfaced, he still hasn't returned back.

Ta for that. At least we don't have to pay him if he doesn't fulfill his contract. What a waste of a talent.

he is a15 m horrific player. You can't just let him go on a free surely? He is still a decnt footballer and mist have a value somewhere.

He could be our main striker for the next 3 or 4 years. For a £100m+ turnover company, £8m on a Premier League striker isn't a lot if we get 3 or 4 years out of him.

We may be 100 mill plus turnover company but we don't we have expenses of about the same? ;) 8 mill is a lot of money.

Pelle and Ossie, it's the Italian dream ticket.

Those two could be quite tasty together, they'd complement each other too. Could even be the Italian international forward line if they gelled well.

Until Ossie is sold off I've got my fingers crossed for a reconciliation.