Okay go on then..

Monk

We currently have six active enquiries/approaches for players.

Pelle has hit a snag, from our end. It appears we may have our sights set elsewhere.

6 f*cking hell thats a fair bit, I would normally say some of those would be covers incase others fall through but 6 seems about right.

Hopefully Rodgers/Reed are splitting up the negotiations otherwise this could take until Sept.

Thanks very much Monk.

I think we all had some niggling reservations about Pelle, despite his style and scoring record. I hope we're not considering Ings or whoever as our only signing up front though. Even with a much-improved Gallagher we probably need two.

Don't think Rodgers gets involved in that.

Would be interested to hear if they're international/domestic enquiries. I would guess Pelle, Ings, Marshall, Forster, Caulker, Van Djik....?

Off the top of my head have had recent-ish press links with Pelle, Van Dijk, Kolodziejczak, Marshall, Manga and this Traore kid from Barca. Nothing on Ings in the media for quite a while but a strong hint from Guan a few days ago.

Edited by DuncanRG

So we know we are after a GK,LB and a ST.What other positions would we strengthen? Assuming Lovren leaves (I don't think a return is COMPLETELY out the question) then a CB is a must. So,if we are after 6 players,would it be the following: GK,LB,CB 2xST...And 1 more.... Will just add,would LOVE Nathan Redmond.

So,if we are after 6 players,would it be the following: GK,LB,CB 2xST...And 1 more....

Chances are we're enquiring after multiple players for one spot but if it is six we intend to bring in then I would expect the last one to be another centre half or attacking mid.

We currently have six active enquiries/approaches for players.

Pelle has hit a snag, from our end. It appears we may have our sights set elsewhere.

Anyone to get really excited about or a domestic player? Also what positions?

Thanks for the info. Most reliant poster alongside Guan and Vman and Alps ;)

Anyone to get really excited about or a domestic player? Also what positions?

Thanks for the info. Most reliant poster alongside Guan and Vman and Alps ;)

Not sure we'll be getting much off Vman anymore.

Ooh interesting, with due respect to Pelle & the fact I've never seen him play I do in my cold, dark heart suspect we could do better!

Sean Dyche has come out today and said Ings was not for sale. AFAIK no one has said anything in public about wanting him for quite a while now (or at least quite a while in footballing terms) so I suspect that there is action going on behind the scenes.

Please not Bendtner!!

Id take Bendtner on a free if it were one of 3 striker signings and the wages were right. Ego or not he's shown previously he can get goals, and has experience now to boot.

Although of course I hope for better.

Thanks Monk, I would guess Ings and Ruddy are two, but if we have set our sights away from Pelle be interesting to see if that means we are looking at other strikers. Suspect RK is working hard trying to get in who he wants

Sean Dyche has come out today and said Ings was not for sale. AFAIK no one has said anything in public about wanting him for quite a while now (or at least quite a while in footballing terms) so I suspect that there is action going on behind the scenes.

Everton got to personal terms stage a while ago apparantly, but that was about a month

I can't help thinking that if the true ITKers were posting good info without clearance it would of been plugged by now. My conspiracy theory is that these are conscious leaks designed to a) rattle competing agents, b) sell false info to other teams and c) try to quell any rumblings from the fans.

I can't help thinking that if the true ITKers were posting good info without clearance it would of been plugged by now. My conspiracy theory is that these are conscious leaks designed to a) rattle competing agents, b) sell false info to other teams and c) try to quell any rumblings from the fans.

Maybe I do not remember correctly, but didn't Guan 2.0 indirectly quote option c) as the reason why he was allowed to pass info about Lallana on to this board? And boy did it work - by the time Lallana left, he wasn't so popular any more. Guerilla warfare by SFC ;)

But saying that, I do think Ruddy is better than Marshall.

Interesting comparison - Ruddy seems tarnished in Norwich's relegation whereas despite Cardiff going down, Marshall certainly had an outstanding season last year . On balance, and after last season I'd say Marshall is the better option, but as Watson knows Ruddy he is probably the more likely of the two.

Both have shown in the past they can perform in the premiership, which can't be said of Forster, who for that reason is more of a gamble.

I have heard that we might be in for

Jonathan Tah

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1949387-scouting-report-how-great-is-hamburg-prodigy-jonathan-tah

Rated as one of the best young CBs around. Liverpool were sniffing around in May.

This rumour comes via a mate who knows someone working at the club. Incidentally, my mate doesn't think we'll be able to pull it off.

Seems exactly like the type of player we'd go for, though.