Saints sign Pelle - Official

offix

I'd say the last two years of someone's career is more relevant. Should we judge Rickie Lambert on only scoring 13 League One goals from 46 games in 2007/08 at the age of 26?

We've sold Lambert, so I'd say we do need a Lambert replacement. He worked very well in Pochettino's system, hence the team finishing 8th and him getting a large number of goals and assists. if Koeman plays in a similar style Pelle appears to be a very good replacement from the little I've seen and read about him. I'm sure Koeman knows how to get the best out of him, as 50 goals in 57 games highlights.

I don't at all, I'd rather sign a striker who scores 20 a season than next to none his whole career then 80odd in two seasons. This would be my concern with Ings as well. And 13 goals is hardly a glaring mark on Lamberts record so you're scraping the barrel a bit there

And no Lambert didn't fit into Pochettino's system in the absolute slightest, so assuming the system stays the same we definitely don't need a like for like replacement if that's what you're implying pelle is

I've never seen this guy play but that's not going to stop me writing him off! He don't look quick, he don't look tenacious, he don't look particularly skills, most of the goals he gets require room he ain't gonna be afforded in the prem. He ain't gonna hit double figures for us, unless he gets a bunch of pens he won't get anywhere near.

That said I like his old school Italian grease-ball look, so I will be v.pleased if we sign him :)

I've never seen this guy play but that's not going to stop me writing him off! He don't look quick, he don't look tenacious, he don't look particularly skills, most of the goals he gets require room he ain't gonna be afforded in the prem. He ain't gonna hit double figures for us, unless he gets a bunch of pens he won't get anywhere near.

That said I like his old school Italian grease-ball look, so I will be v.pleased if we sign him :)

Old Italian striker type is better than the new school, Luca "the legend" Toni is still going and scored 20 goals for Verona this season to be joint second in Serie A, he scored 5 more than Mario.

Old school italian grease-ball is back in fashion

I don't at all, I'd rather sign a striker who scores 20 a season than next to none his whole career then 80odd in two seasons. This would be my concern with Ings as well. And 13 goals is hardly a glaring mark on Lamberts record so you're scraping the barrel a bit there

And no Lambert didn't fit into Pochettino's system in the absolute slightest, so assuming the system stays the same we definitely don't need a like for like replacement if that's what you're implying pelle is

Ings is 21!

Might be an idea to check lamberts scoring record two years before we signed him too. Signed in 2009 for saints, up until 2007 he scored about 50 goals in over 200 appearances.

Feel free to suggest a player who has scored more than 20 a season, for an extended period of time,who could come to us

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ings is 21!

Might be an idea to check lamberts scoring record two years before we signed him too. Signed in 2009 for saints, up until 2007 he scored about 50 goals in over 200 appearances.

Feel free to suggest a player who has scored more than 20 a season, for an extended period of time,who could come to us

Wasn't lambert a midfielder earlier in his career? Oh and I'd sign two of Pato, Rhodes and Lukaku

Edited by Pastor Patrón

Yep. At Blackpool he was. Then became a striker or second striker from Macclesfield onwards. He made around 15 appearances in midfield.

Again though, feel free to suggest a player who has scored more than twenty a season for an extended period of time who would come to us.

Yep. At Blackpool he was. Then became a striker or second striker from Macclesfield onwards. He made around 15 appearances in midfield.

Again though, feel free to suggest a player who has scored more than twenty a season for an extended period of time who would come to us.

I just did, it's about showing consistent goal scoring form not developing a pedant proof formula. Pelle clearly hasnt been a consistent goalscorer. Ings you could let it slide to a degree as he's younger and still hopefully developing

I like the look of this guy, seems a natural replacement for Ricky and has already had experience of football in a northern european league unlike Ossie. I hope we land him.

If we could somehow coax Ossie back into the fold him and Pelle could be a very interesting if not explosive combination. There'd be a few cards flying around but I think they'd be exciting together.

I just did, it's about showing consistent goal scoring form not developing a pedant proof formula. Pelle clearly hasnt been a consistent goalscorer. Ings you could let it slide to a degree as he's younger and still hopefully developing

You did after you edited it, as illustrated by the next comment having quoted your initial response. So you're agreed Lambert didn't have a great goalscoring record 2 years prior to signing for saints as would be the same with pelle?

Pato has never scored 20 in a season I don't think, lukaku hasn't for 3 years, Rhodes has though for huddersfield and Blackburn.

You did after you edited it, as illustrated by the next comment having quoted your initial response. So you're agreed Lambert didn't have a great goalscoring record 2 years prior to signing for saints as would be the same with pelle?

Pato has never scored 20 in a season I don't think, lukaku hasn't for 3 years, Rhodes has though for huddersfield and Blackburn.

Yes I'm aware I edited it by the fact that I edited it, thank you for the thorough explanation as to how that works. No I wouldn't say Lamberts goal scoring record was remotely comparable, not that I particularly care as I said we don't need a lambert replacement

I just said it's not a formula to soothe your pedantry, it's just an example number to illustrate that I prefer consistency. All the strikers I listed are consistent goalscorers, why are you struggling to understand that?

I'm not. You're initial comment was regarding specifically a 20 a season goalscorer. Not consistent. How consistent do you want to be? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? To me, 50 goals in two seasons is pretty consistent over two years. And two years in football as Southampton, Lambert, Shaw, poch, and lallana have proven is a long time.

I'm not. You're initial comment was regarding specifically a 20 a season goalscorer. Not consistent. How consistent do you want to be? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? To me, 50 goals in two seasons is pretty consistent over two years. And two years in football as Southampton, Lambert, Shaw, poch, and lallana have proven is a long time.

Wtf are you talking about bro?

Just told me to do one on FM - make of that what you will.

But in all seriousness - excited about this one happening, and agree - hope Ossie can be welcomed back. Strike force of those two would be entertaining, if not shortlived.

Got to agree though. Lukaku runs hot and cold. Sometimes he's brilliant sometimes he's completely hopeless. I'd be disappointed if he was a marquee signing.

I know for definite that Lukaku was (at least he was mid May) right at the top of our wanted list, but we didn't have (or want to spend?) the money to bring him in. It might be a different financial situation now, but have no idea if he would want to come, or Chelsea would off load.

I know for definite that Lukaku was (at least he was mid May) right at the top of our wanted list, but we didn't have (or want to spend?) the money to bring him in. It might be a different financial situation now, but have no idea if he would want to come, or Chelsea would off load.

That's the problem, he wouldn't come, and he would cost us 30m. Not going to happen. Would prefer Benteke.

****s sake... Who do you think we're going to be buying, ****ing Messi. Pelle looks like a very decent replacement for Lambert. Koeman knows him and has worked with him before, he's a proven goalscorer and several years younger than the player he's replacing. What's the problem here. It seems that people just want to complain about anything.

I think he was drawing a parallel with osvaldo.

So why didn't we make an official approach before players were sold?[/QUOTE]

Katharina didn't have the money then did she

Where do you think Koeman's transfer kitty was coming from. It certainly isn't her. We now have to be self sufficient don't forget

So, if we want a player, we have to sell a player.

"The Katharina Way" Simples

My question was rhetorical. Sorry.

Here's something interesting... well I thought so anyway.

http:// https://mobile.twitter.com/KRN092/status/483632889306054656/photo/1

Amazing stats tbh, the Dutch league may be of poor standard defensively (although tbh, de vrij and Martins-Indi were bullied a bit by him, and they're off to higher leagues!), but if you can score that many goals then you've clearly got something about you which can be taken into another league.

Amazing stats tbh, the Dutch league may be of poor standard defensively (although tbh, de vrij and Martins-Indi were bullied a bit by him, and they're off to higher leagues!), but if you can score that many goals then you've clearly got something about you which can be taken into another league.

De Vrij and Martins-Indi play for the same club as Pelle , so not sure how he could have "bullied them".

Much like Rickie who took his goalscoring through three divisions.

De Vrij and Martins-Indi play for the same club as Pelle , so not sure how he could have "bullied them".

In training.....;) That's a good point actually and very well made. I was actually meaning to say de Rhijn (i think) at Ajax, I know there are some decent CB's in that league that have been linked to a higher level - and he's done well against them. Could have sworn Martins-Indi was an Ajax player too, but must have been a senior moment.

I think it hard to believe anyone could watch him regularly and not think him raw. He could be great, but he isn't yet.

You say consistently scores lots, but that's only in modern terms. I'm still not totally on board with this 15 goals a season being loads and worthy of huge fees. His record was the same as JRod last season, who didn't really play up front. I'd call JRod quite raw at times too, especially when playing down the middle. I thought Lukaku was better at times for WBA than he was for Everton where his passing and decision making was awful in quite a few games.

You're buying potential with him. I mean 15 goals should be a target for a lot of strikers shouldn't it, and most who don't cost £25m+.

Jay rods worth 25mill though, or at least was before his injury

You have to build a team around (the talents) of your strikers. It has been the same in every generation. Wayman, Reeves and Ron Davies succeeded with a good supply of crosses from wingers.

Later on.... others did it with skilful midfield support. Lawrie McMenemy's famous quote about... " 8 roadsweepers and 2 prima donnas " still holds true.

Pardew / Adkins moulded a team built to serve Rickie Lambert, now he's moved on...... Koeman will start over. He will know the talents of his strikers and build the team around their needs.

If he gets it right....we'll score cart loads of goals .......it will take time, but if we see it working from the start, it'll be down to the fine-tuning.

Stop faffing about, give them the 12M EUR and get the job done. We can't play a poker hand with a mountain of cash in front of us.

Koeman should know better than most the state of Feyenoord's finances and what they are likely to accept. Given the bond between Koeman and Pelle, he isn't likely to move to another club, so I reckon we can bide our time on this one and make sure we get the best deal for both parties. Tadic, on the other hand, we could do with snapping up ASAP as there is rumoured interest from decent European clubs.

...or we want you but it's our rite to negotiate how we wish - nothing personal.

Its a stupidly low bid whichever way you slice it. Why would Feyenoord part with a 29 year old striker who has scored 50 goals in 57 games for them for £4.5m? Its a waste of everybody's time

Its a stupidly low bid whichever way you slice it. Why would Feyenoord part with a 29 year old striker who has scored 50 goals in 57 games for them for £4.5m? Its a waste of everybody's time

Perhaps we have people with time to waste, like Ralphy for instance. Anyway here we are simply displaying our contempt for Dutch football.