Appalling show of grace from the Club and some fans

jasonb

The Club Statement  

315 members have voted

1. 1. The Club Statement

• Lacked Grace
    • Perfectly Pitched
    • Should have called him a Judas scumbag

Correct me if I've missed something but I haven't seen an interview quote from him today thanking Saints, both Lambert and Shaw made reference to Saints when they left. There must have been one hell of a bust up behind the scenes for the ex saints captain who has been through thick and thin with saints to not make a comment about his time here.

Full page centerfold spread in the Echo tomorrow apparently.

Would be a nice gesture if true.

The club statement was perfect. And in no sense was it offensive or critical.

Communicated much by saying very little.

Good to know our PR is learning fast.

I agree it was in no way offensive or critical.

I disagree that it was perfect though. I think it should of contained at least some sort of recognition and I think it should of hinted at the clubs disappointment in Adam's departure.

Sure saying nothing looks as good as a smack in the face but I personally think they should of shown some class and maintained a dignified stance.

Its just my opinion though. I am allowed to have one apparently.

Also, I think you took a jibe at me for starting another thread on the subject. I believe this thread was commenting on a specific part of the Lallana saga and was worthy of a new thread. it was in no way intended as a 'look at me' type of thing. Look at my post count, look up how many threads I've started. I've become more visible in recent months due to the quality of the forum improving vastly. Sorry about that. I will undoubtedly retreat back into my cave following my own PR disaster today. :)

I actually find it quite funny that Guly got a better send off from the club on the O/S than Adam.................

Not really sure I find it funny tbh, it's all quite sad really. What a shame it all came to this, but never mind. We build again.

I disagree that it was perfect though. I think it should of contained at least some sort of recognition and I think it should of hinted at the clubs disappointment in Adam's departure.

Sure saying nothing looks as good as a smack in the face but I personally think they should of shown some class and maintained a dignified stance.

Also, I think you took a jibe at me for starting another thread on the subject. I believe this thread was commenting on a specific part of the Lallana saga and was worthy of a new thread. it was in no way intended as a 'look at me' type of thing. Look at my post count, look up how many threads I've started. I've become more visible in recent months due to the quality of the forum improving vastly. Sorry about that. I will undoubtedly retreat back into my cave following my own PR disaster today. :)

Nah, dont do that, surf the wave of howling abuse. It soon dies down... ;)

Well, if reports are to be believed, he apparently told the club he would never play for them again, so after all the plaudits he got at the end of last season, from his own team mates, and the fans, he got all stroppy and decided he would force the club's hand without actually putting in a transfer request.

I don't mind if he wants to go to Liverpool or another club that can offer him Champions League football, it was the way he went about it that irks.

Southampton FC has nurtured this player and turned him into an England international. However, that England international should realise that he wasn't first choice for the World Cup, he was a substitute for the likes of Welbeck in an England team that really wasn't very good.

Mark Clattenburg was right about him, his head grew out of all proportion once he got amongst Stevie G and his mates.

So why should fans not vent their anger at the behaviour of someone who appeared little more than a spoilt brat throwing his toys out of the pram and not acting in a professional manner? I think the club and fans deserved a little more loyalty and respect than he gave

Perfectly put, Sir!

Sad, but true.

The club hasn't shown any vitriol. Just stated the facts in a simple way. No need to do any more if they didn't feel like it. They haven't stooped low at all.

The guy has thrown most of what the club and us, the fans, have given him back in our collective face. We have every right to feel angry. He has shown absolutely no grace or respect since the end of the season.

Stop trying to be controversial for the sake of it or be a needless devil's advocate and look at the situation as it really is.

I know its hard to take anyone's word at face value on an internet forum but I genuinely wasn't on a wind-up or out for attention. Sorry you felt that I was.

I totally agree with you regarding the fact we have a right to feel angry and vent our frustrations. Perhaps if contributors acknowledged his contribution a bit more and then proclaimed "f**k him" I wouldn't of felt so irked.

Don't disagree with much of what has been said, some of it over the top but people are entitled to air their views. Be interesting to see if some change their mind after tomorrow echo ad that he has placed.

I know a summary of what is said. It changes nothing.

Firstly, I am as bitterly disappointed as the next supporter regarding the recent transfers of arguably our best players, including today's transfer of our captain.

However, I am stunned by the vitriol and lack of grace shown by some contributors on this forum and the club also.

With regard to the derisory statement by the club on the official site: I have to say its totally disrespectful and shows a total lack of class. Regardless of the fact that Lallana may of been badly advised or acted like a spoilt kid. The club should be able to rise above such matters. Two wrongs don't make a right and the club should still try and retain its traditions even if on the face of it the player has badly let the club down.

Why should the club say anything they don't believe or mean just to please a jumped up overpaid little turd ?? Why do you want the club to offer false sentiments?

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Don't disagree with much of what has been said, some of it over the top but people are entitled to air their views. Be interesting to see if some change their mind after tomorrow echo ad that he has placed.

He had the chance today to make a heart felt statement which may have meant something. Instead he chose to make entirely inappropriate statement which neither thanked, or in anyway made a statement of good intent towards the club & it's fans.

So for that reason he has shown a complete lack of respect & his advertisement tomorrow is nothing short of a PR stunt & a sham.

His words will hold a hollow ring tomorrow. To little to late!

Well from what I hear the bloke is a complete tool. And has become majorly up his own arse since he was given the arm band.

He thought he was above everyone. But was clever at coming across a nice boy in interviews. Rather similar to cortese but not quite on that level. But a tosser all the same.

His actions recently proved everything I was told was spot on.

I think lovren has acted equally as disrespectful by his pathetic post to Luke shaw on twitter. He's either really thick or just disrespecting the club that pay his wages.

Total lack of class I'm afraid.

I don't include Ricky in any of this. Those muppets should take a leaf out of his book.

Good ridence

I think with them we would not have improved on last years position

This year we will

Well from what I hear the bloke is a complete tool. And has become majorly up his own arse since he was given the arm band.

He thought he was above everyone. But was clever at coming across a nice boy in interviews. Rather similar to cortese but not quite on that level. But a tosser all the same.

His actions recently proved everything I was told was spot on.

I think lovren has acted equally as disrespectful by his pathetic post to Luke shaw on twitter. He's either really thick or just disrespecting the club that pay his wages.

Total lack of class I'm afraid.

I don't include Ricky in any of this. Those muppets should take a leaf out of his book.

Good ridence

I think with them we would not have improved on last years position

This year we will

Ok what have I missed not on ****ter what did Lovern say?

Why should the club say anything they don't believe or mean just to please a jumped up overpaid little turd ?? Why do you want the club to offer false sentiments?

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

That's a good question. I think I want the club to be seen to be acting with respect and dignity.

I realise it changes nothing. I realise it's probably far from the sentiments they want to convey. But it would sit better with me personally.

I have realised through debating and comments on this thread that I am very much alone in this sentimental and archaic approach to communication.

It's not about giving Lallana his dues and lavishing him with plaudits. He had those at the awards dinner. It's merely doing things right.

Dejan Lovren @DejanLovren05 · Jun 27

Congratulations to @LukeShaw3 well done mate ��

doesn't seem that bad to me tbh?

Cheers I must admit I was expect a lot worse something like

Dejan Lovren @DejanLovren05 · Jun 27

Congratulations to @LukeShaw3 well done mate on getting out of that **** hole ****wit club Southampton fc ****'em all #can'twaittojoinspurs

to be honest despite his lack of class and integrity i also agree that the club should rise above and recognise his contribution to saints rise back to the prem. personally i have very much enjoyed watching him play for saints and am disappointed he has gone.

all the good far outweighs his lack of jusgement in handling his exit from the club. all in my opinion of course

not sure club has lacked grace... but has lacked class... with the statement and how they've dealt with certain things...that's not excusing the way players have been behaving.....we just look out of control.... it's not hard to say...we're disappointed that Adam has chosen to leave, but the club has worked hard to get the best deal in the interest of the club..blah, blah....

Firstly, I am as bitterly disappointed as the next supporter regarding the recent transfers of arguably our best players, including today's transfer of our captain.

However, I am stunned by the vitriol and lack of grace shown by some contributors on this forum and the club also.

With regard to the derisory statement by the club on the official site: I have to say its totally disrespectful and shows a total lack of class. Regardless of the fact that Lallana may of been badly advised or acted like a spoilt kid. The club should be able to rise above such matters. Two wrongs don't make a right and the club should still try and retain its traditions even if on the face of it the player has badly let the club down.

If you change your mind let me know as we're doing a whip round for a **** off banner implying the polar oppo of your post mush.

Up the Saints!

Frankly the overreaction on this thread has been ridiculous and embarrassing in my view, and I will wait with interest to see what he AL says in the Echo.

Hopefully a few people might apologise for some of the things they have posted about one of our own, whatever might have happened in the last 6 weeks.

Can we stop attacking each other please . We are all angry at the way AL has shown disrespect . Jasonb has his opinions and that is just that . There have been some well below the belt comments made . I maybe wrong but I get the impression Jasonb is a friend of Adams . But what we do not have are all the facts . Clearly either Liverpool /his agent or Adam have seriously annoyed the club and management team by their actions which led to the bland statement being made .

And why oh why dud Alec crook send that twitter . Does he get enjoyment seeing us fans extremely angry and uber frustrated with each other ?

Some of you need to get a life, or at least calm down. None of you know what went on behind the scenes whatever you may think. Just like you all like positive stories in the paper and slag off the ones you don't like you are all too willing to take it out on a player who gave sterling service to us (and that is not in doubt) because he had the audacity to leave us and (sob) never even said thanks. What a t0sser eh? Get a grip lads you're in danger of looking like spurned teenage boys crying as you masturbate into a sock.

He could have left the club when it was on it's knees and didn't. He could have left when we were on the brink of promotion to the premier league and didn't. If he's ambitious then now was the right time and probably his last opportunity to move. Can't say I'm happy about it but it's sadly understandable. I suppose only the really gullible can have a legitimate right to feel *that* aggrieved - fair play if you believed the badge kissing and all that but it's really just a tired old routine. Just like Koeman respects the history of the club, just like our new signings will all talk about signing as soon as they heard we were interested in them. It's all guff.

Personally I'd have liked him to stay but I can understand why he hasn't. I can't really comment on what else has gone on because I don't know - none of us do.

Some of you need to get a life, or at least calm down. None of you know what went on behind the scenes whatever you may think. Just like you all like positive stories in the paper and slag off the ones you don't like you are all too willing to take it out on a player who gave sterling service to us (and that is not in doubt) because he had the audacity to leave us and (sob) never even said thanks. What a t0sser eh? Get a grip lads you're in danger of looking like spurned teenage boys crying as you masturbate into a sock.

He could have left the club when it was on it's knees and didn't. He could have left when we were on the brink of promotion to the premier league and didn't. If he's ambitious then now was the right time and probably his last opportunity to move. Can't say I'm happy about it but it's sadly understandable. I suppose only the really gullible can have a legitimate right to feel *that* aggrieved - fair play if you believed the badge kissing and all that but it's really just a tired old routine. Just like Koeman respects the history of the club, just like our new signings will all talk about signing as soon as they heard we were interested in them. It's all guff.

Personally I'd have liked him to stay but I can understand why he hasn't. I can't really comment on what else has gone on because I don't know - none of us do.

I think you need to calm down. Plenty of us are simply saying he could have handled it better.

That doesn't require table bashing "he did this..he could have done that" ranting from you.

Agree - the FA cup and now this - the mongboard has had two Princess Di moments in last six months.

I think you need to calm down. Plenty of us are simply saying he could have handled it better.

That doesn't require table bashing "he did this..he could have done that" ranting from you.

Hmmm, I'm merely pointing out that he really isn't all that bad unless you want to pretend he had the same affection for the club as you do. Personally I think he did pretty well for the club. As for handling the situation better - are your feelings really that precious? Would you like a tissue?

My feelings aren't that precious. He could have shown a bit more respect but he didn't. Hey ho. I'm sure his feelings won't be that precious when he gets a load of stick for it. That's just the way the game is played. We'll show our righteous indignation at him when comes back to SMS and he'll kiss his new badge and run to the away end if he scores. Everyone's a winner.

No tissues required and not a sock in sight. The drama class is down the hall and to the left.

Adam, you're a cock

But you'll be chipping in for this big banner at Anfield right?

"Adam Lallana Made Us Cry"

STATEMENT: Shaw joins Man Utd

STATEMENT: Shaw joins Man Utd 4 days ago

Southampton Football Club can confirm that Luke Shaw has today completed his move to Manchester United.

STATEMENT: Adam Lallana finalises Liverpool switch

STATEMENT: Adam Lallana finalises Liverpool switch 12 hours ago

Southampton Football Club can confirm that Adam Lallana has completed his transfer to Liverpool.

Actually if you and others had only said he could have handled it better I would've agreed - trouble is you didn't and you need to calm down.....

That's a good question. I think I want the club to be seen to be acting with respect and dignity.

I realise it changes nothing. I realise it's probably far from the sentiments they want to convey. But it would sit better with me personally.

I have realised through debating and comments on this thread that I am very much alone in this sentimental and archaic approach to communication.

It's not about giving Lallana his dues and lavishing him with plaudits. He had those at the awards dinner. It's merely doing things right.

I absolutely agree with you. People (myself included) were laughing at Sunderland for their bitter, bitter Colback press release. While SFC's is much more cool to the point of being indifferent, I'd say they should stay well clear of unprofessional press releases and conduct themselves to the public as a serious and professional club. Those little digs are simply not worth it, no matter what a player may or may not have done.

So no defense of Lallana, just an appeal for the club to play the PR game with great care...

I absolutely agree with you. People (myself included) were laughing at Sunderland for their bitter, bitter Colback press release. While SFC's is much more cool to the point of being indifferent, I'd say they should stay well clear of unprofessional press releases and conduct themselves to the public as a serious and professional club. Those little digs are simply not worth it, no matter what a player may or may not have done.

So no defense of Lallana, just an appeal for the club to play the PR game with great care...

I still don't see what they've done wrong. One liner is all he deserves.they've not criticised him.

Fook off - Deserves all he gets. And he thinks he can buy us off with a advert in the paper ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ****