Letter from Lallana in Echo

bangkoksaint

Adam Blackmore has suggested he spoke to Adam Lallana yesterday and the note in the paper does not reflect Adam's true feelings well enough' date=' and that Adam's advisors have not done a good job with that note. So the note came from his advisors. Pathetic.[/quote']

Does this mean there will be a "Note Mk. 2" ???

Did the f**king bellend not review the communication that brought the curtain down on 14 years of his life ?

He's a prize gonk droid.

Adam Blackmore has suggested he spoke to Adam Lallana yesterday and the note in the paper does not reflect Adam's true feelings well enough' date=' and that Adam's advisors have not done a good job with that note. So the note came from his advisors. Pathetic.[/quote']

Call me reactionary, but even thinking as logically as I can, that kind of makes it worse, no? The letter to fans after 14 years wasn't even read by the man before printing?

Not a wise move to blame his advisors even if it is true.

So we were supposed to be eating humble pie having read his crass sentiments in the local rag? I'm sorry Adam, but the best piece of advice I could give you, is that when you find yourself in a hole, the best course of action is to stop digging. My further advice is that if you employ a PR firm, sack them; they are doing "Brand Lallana" no good at all. If you don't currently have any PR advisors, then employ some urgently. You obviously attach a great deal of importance to the accumulation of obscene amounts of money and this sort of negative publicity can seriously damage your earning potential. The article in the Echo is suggestive that you attach some personal importance in the way that you are preceived by us, the fans, and just to let you know that the way that you have acted over your departure has irreparably damaged that warmth we had for you too. This will become abundantly clear when you come down here with your new team, if they select you to play, that is. Observe the warm reception that Lambert will receive and contrast that with the derision that will aimed at you.

Whilst you bothered to outlay a small trifling sum on saying goodbye in the Echo, excuse us for naively thinking that you would have availed yourself of the opportunity to set the record right regarding the perception that was given in the media that you had threatened to throw your toys out of the pram if the club didn't allow you to leave on terms that would satisfy your new employers. As there has been no denial from you refuting this, and no notice of legal action against those who made these allegations, I presume that we can take it that in fact that was precisely the way that you behaved, holding the club that developed your talents over 14 years to ransom. And yet despite this, you have the brass-necked temerity to believe that your trite little farewell message will make everything OK.

Bear in mind that despite you now being able to buy a large mansion, it will be over 250 miles away from friends and family down here. You were a big fish in a small pond and now you are a relative tiddler at a club like Liverpool. If you enjoyed playing as much first team football as possible, you will spend a lot more time on the bench now, no longer first name on the team sheet, but rather an afterthought for when bigger names are injured or suspended.

And console yourself that as soon as your replacement arrives and begins to prove himslef a better footballer than you, the bad taste left in the mouths of most Saints fans will disappear. No player is bigger than the club and soon you will become a footnote in our history. A shame that you won't ever achieve legend status, but that isn't accorded to players who treat the club and its supporters with such shabby disdain.

Cracking post, Wes.

... and the chance to further his career.

You see, that's the bit I still find hard to agree with.

Take Suarez out of the equation (as will be the case very soon), and Liverpool's squad last year were no better than ours. If he and others had stayed, and we'd added 1 or 2 to the squad, I honestly think we were pretty much nailed on to finish above them next season (in 5th or 6th).

As it is, I reckon they're looking at 5th at best next season, and we'll be anywhere between 10th and 20th depending on signings and RK's influence.

I think he just gave in to greed and the ego inflating notion of being able to tell his grandchildren he played for Liverpool and England.

In short, Clattenburg was right.

It does come across more as an advert for Adam Lallana PLC than a sincere effort to repair bridges with disgruntled fanbase, but whatever, I'll save my vitriol for more worthwhile targets! Is Osvaldo & Ramirez report back for training yet?

I am not sure it is fair to crucify the man because of his advisors (who I presume is his agent). He's a football player, not a PR guru so he puts his faith in other people. That they have cocked up is the real unfortunate thing for him. Having said that, the management company has handled everything badly, so is it a real surprise that they have cocked this up as well? Maybe he should have sacked them and taken control of his life back rather than entrust it to some muppets. Looking at other people in a similar position - I always say that Beckham's cleverest action was to appoint good advisors and boy, they are good.

I am not sure it is fair to crucify the man because of his advisors (who I presume is his agent). He's a football player, not a PR guru so he puts his faith in other people. That they have cocked up is the real unfortunate thing for him. Having said that, the management company has handled everything badly, so is it a real surprise that they have cocked this up as well? Maybe he should have sacked them and taken control of his life back rather than entrust it to some muppets. Looking at other people in a similar position - I always say that Beckham's cleverest action was to appoint good advisors and boy, they are good.

The fact that he had to use a pr company to write his farewell to the fans says it all really.

"Thank you for your endless support"??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid support for the most disloyal player I've seen in the past decade ENDED weeks ago Adam.

Couldn't he find a badge kissing picture to add insult to injury.

Lad lacks integrity, you'd have to be the pope to forgive him. Heartfelt statement? Nah. Simply an attempt to ease the hatred and chanting he will always receive at St Mary's.

No one as selfish as Adam Lallana could write such a statement and mean it.

I'm sure the fans will thank him when we see him, I don't think applause will feature. It's going to be a lonely end to his career if he fails at Liverpool.

I predict AL will be as welcome at St Mary's as Rupert Lowe.

Call me reactionary, but even thinking as logically as I can, that kind of makes it worse, no? The letter to fans after 14 years wasn't even read by the man before printing?

Not a wise move to blame his advisors even if it is true.

Not writing his own piece is poor.

Not editing or proof reading somebody else's copy that his name is going to be tagged to is inexcusable.

As posted in the other Lallana thread.

BrhVaj-IEAAY_AN.png

I'll chip in a couple of quid to put this in as a reply!

:)

Although, if the Echo fancied selling some papers they'd publish the Saints fans replies tomorrow! Could shift a few copies!

Edited by SaintRobbie

"Thank you for your endless support"??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid support for the most disloyal player I've seen in the past decade ENDED weeks ago Adam.

Couldn't he find a badge kissing picture to add insult to injury.

Lad lacks integrity, you'd have to be the pope to forgive him. Heartfelt statement? Nah. Simply an attempt to ease the hatred and chanting he will always receive at St Mary's.

No one as selfish as Adam Lallana could write such a statement and mean it.

I'm sure the fans will thank him when we see him, I don't think applause will feature. It's going to be a lonely end to his career if he fails at Liverpool.

I predict AL will be as welcome at St Mary's as Rupert Lowe.

Isnt the cynical (and almost certainly deliberate) use of the Poppy Appeal just as bad ?

Just a thought, could it have been the original intention when doing the full page spread, that he/ pr firm was going to do a full page write up however maybe legalities got in the way of what he wanted to say or dare i even suggest once the club got whiff of the echo spread, their legal team was straight onto it to remind AL & his PR team of certain things? Thus the much shortened "quote", which doesnt really say anything & doesn't upset anyone (legally that is!).

Just a thought, could it have been the original intention when doing the full page spread, that he/ pr firm was going to do a full page write up however maybe legalities got in the way of what he wanted to say or dare i even suggest once the club got whiff of the echo spread, their legal team was straight onto it to remind AL & his PR team of certain things? Thus the much shortened "quote", which doesnt really say anything & doesn't upset anyone (legally that is!).

Why not pull it all together then ? Echo dont care as long as they get their money.

So we were supposed to be eating humble pie having read his crass sentiments in the local rag? I'm sorry Adam, but the best piece of advice I could give you, is that when you find yourself in a hole, the best course of action is to stop digging. My further advice is that if you employ a PR firm, sack them; they are doing "Brand Lallana" no good at all. If you don't currently have any PR advisors, then employ some urgently. You obviously attach a great deal of importance to the accumulation of obscene amounts of money and this sort of negative publicity can seriously damage your earning potential. The article in the Echo is suggestive that you attach some personal importance in the way that you are preceived by us, the fans, and just to let you know that the way that you have acted over your departure has irreparably damaged that warmth we had for you too. This will become abundantly clear when you come down here with your new team, if they select you to play, that is. Observe the warm reception that Lambert will receive and contrast that with the derision that will aimed at you.

Whilst you bothered to outlay a small trifling sum on saying goodbye in the Echo, excuse us for naively thinking that you would have availed yourself of the opportunity to set the record right regarding the perception that was given in the media that you had threatened to throw your toys out of the pram if the club didn't allow you to leave on terms that would satisfy your new employers. As there has been no denial from you refuting this, and no notice of legal action against those who made these allegations, I presume that we can take it that in fact that was precisely the way that you behaved, holding the club that developed your talents over 14 years to ransom. And yet despite this, you have the brass-necked temerity to believe that your trite little farewell message will make everything OK.

Bear in mind that despite you now being able to buy a large mansion, it will be over 250 miles away from friends and family down here. You were a big fish in a small pond and now you are a relative tiddler at a club like Liverpool. If you enjoyed playing as much first team football as possible, you will spend a lot more time on the bench now, no longer first name on the team sheet, but rather an afterthought for when bigger names are injured or suspended.

And console yourself that as soon as your replacement arrives and begins to prove himslef a better footballer than you, the bad taste left in the mouths of most Saints fans will disappear. No player is bigger than the club and soon you will become a footnote in our history. A shame that you won't ever achieve legend status, but that isn't accorded to players who treat the club and its supporters with such shabby disdain.

Yep, one of your best offerings, Wes. What a deeply disappointing character Lallana has shown himself to be. I don't begrudge him the glittering prizes of a fat wedge and a trophy Club, but the way he has gone about getting there labels him as blunt, insincere, selfish and egotistical. My only consolation is the near certainty that he has probably already played his best patch of Football and will see even more bench time from here on in.

Not according to the bloke on Twitter who says he is responsible for organising the ad.

On the contrary, I believe I do get it.

You take football out of the equation it’s just a job to Lallana, the prospects of playing for Liverpool are incomparable to playing for Southampton.

His loyalty is to his Family & to his career not to his Employeer, regardless of the remaining contract length (that’s there to protect the club as well as security for the player and ensures we get the £25,000,000 rather than nothing)

90% of people would act in the same way against their employer if they were being held against their will and being denied a 50-60% payrise and better prospects.

Yes, but you can't take football out of it, as that is the context it is in.

Adam Blackmore has suggested he spoke to Adam Lallana yesterday and the note in the paper does not reflect Adam's true feelings well enough' date=' and that Adam's advisors have not done a good job with that note. So the note came from his advisors. Pathetic.[/quote'] it did not reflect his true feelings, as it did not say 'ching, ching, loads of money. F-you lot Im going to be wallowing in it'

How Lallana ever was chosen as Club Captain I still haven't come to grips with. On afterthought, it has to have been Cortese's means to stopping him leaving last season. Lallana just doesn't have an ounce of responsibility in him. He's a coward, a miserly and miserable coward. A feathered Kipper!!

For sure he knew all about the full page ad and couldn't have been bothered to write his so called heart felt feelings. What stinks most is he doesn't include his teammates and friends at Southampton Football Club. Think what he likes of Katharina, Reed and the Board but surely his teammates and friends, not to mention his mentors meant something to him.

He better had. Very good player this season, but bloody frustrating last year and as others have said, not particularly adept at shooting. The Kopites won't be as forgiving when that final ball goes awry.

Absolutely, those trademark grass cutter shots won’t go down well. When you consider the fee for what is really only 1 good season in the premier league it’s certainly not the end of the world.

How much would it cost for us to put a 1 page in the Echo with a photo of AL and the words. "seems Clattenburg was right after all".

Fantastic idea but leave out the "Seems". The Liverpool Echo or Liverpool rag would be the best and on the day we play them at Anfield.

Weak letter, but I still don't understand how everyone hates him this much.

I still feel that 'ultimatum' (if it was even made) would have been seen to be empty had the transfer collapsed.

Edited by DuncanRG

Weak letter, but I still don't understand how everyone hates him this much.

I still feel that 'ultimatum' (if it was even made) would have been seen to be empty had the transfer collapsed.

Its a combination of things. The comments when signing his five year contract; the refusal to ask for a transfer so retaining his bonuses; the wanting to join Liverpool whilst kissing the Saints badge; the threatened strike and lastly but not least - the fact Saints developed him for 14 years when frankly he wasnt much good - anyone remember his 1 goal season in the Championship when we got relegated? He finally comes good after 14 years and then immediately wants to eff off. Thats why the vitriol.

Real car-crash television, when in a hole, stop digging!

I can't work out if he's incredibly thick, incredibly ill-advised or he's just deliberately rubbing our faces in it?

Hang on, I've got it now, it's all three.

Thick and ill-advised IMO. I doubt he could be arsed enough to bother to rub our noses in it. He doesn't care that much.

This seems to be some kind of footballing Spinal Tap. I was truly gutted when word first started spreading that Lallana wanted out but if the claims about his behaviour are true (and this ad would certainly indicate that he now sees himself as some kind of footballing God - no doubt fuelled by how he cured the leper children in Brazil just by being with them) then good riddance. No one is bigger than the club and we are better off without him and his over inflated ego.

Remember the huge cheer from us travelling fans when he did this at Fulham?

http://images.supersport.com/2014/2/Adam-Lallana-140201-Celebrates-R300.jpg

What a massive turd.

Mainly because I think even then we all assumed there was a good chance he would be off. On seeing that I cheered as he led me to believe he was more committed to the club than I thought.....oh how I was wrong.

Back in the day I posted my opinions on the Clattenburg thread like many others.

Back in March at the Dubai World Cup Horse Race after a bucket of booze I found myself randomly standing next to Clattenburg in the bathroom.

I let fly with a barrage of expletives at him. On reflection at that time I was not overly impressed with myself for that.

Now? I feel like a complete ***t.

So, Dear Mr Clattenburg, for what little it is worth, I apologise whole heartedly and sincerely. I was an idiot. You were right.

Adam? Don't bother coming back for nights out in Bompey.

I was gutted when SRL left but I could tell from what he said in his departing words to the fans that he meant what he said.

It makes the world of difference when words are said with sincerity. You can go through the actions but I think people instinctively know the difference. He's a career footballer. That's fine. But the theatricality of the badge kissing and letters to the paper is just that. He was our attacking midfield player last season and I'm keen to see which attacking midfield player we bring in this year. Simple as that. Next player up for the shirt, please.

Oh, and if there's a prankster in the Anfield changing room, I'd like right now to suggest wiping your ar*e on the badge of Adam Lallana's shirt. That first goal is gonna taste awful bitter-sweet, Adam :-)

Can anyone point me in the direction of the information of Adam going on strike if he didn't get a move? Or is it the usual ******** made up by some bedwetter?

Alex Crook reported it here. Not been reported anywhere else and Adam Blackmore says he doesn't buy it. That's all we have available to us at the moment.