Letter from Lallana in Echo

bangkoksaint

Can anyone point me in the direction of the information of Adam going on strike if he didn't get a move? Or is it the usual ******** made up by some bedwetter?

Gladly.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/386823/REVEALED-Angry-Adam-Lallana-made-Southampton-threats-to-push-through-Liverpool-move

OK, it is only the Star, but even they have to be careful making such allegations which would amount to libel if they were without foundations. And of course, Lallana could easily have refuted them in his Echo advert if he wished. Add in the rather terse statement from the club and it begins to look as if there was some foundation to the story.

What do you think?

I wonder if Mark Clattenburg will be able to resist smirking or laughing (which I'd imagine could land him in hot water) when he officiates at his next Saints game and hears the chants about 'Adam Lallana, Clattenburg was right'. Even if he doesn't show any outward emotion I bet he has a good chuckle in the changing room after.

FFS a bit of badge kissing and he's suddenly tied to the club for life with no escape. Get a grip and move on.

Premier League is full of bullsh*t. Sometimes we're on the right side of it (he's not worth £15m let alone £25m), sometimes we're on the wrong side of it (we've lost a talent nurtured here).

Good luck Adam, may your next sh*t be a pineapple ;)

Can anyone point me in the direction of the information of Adam going on strike if he didn't get a move? Or is it the usual ******** made up by some bedwetter?

Besides various LALLANA media contacts it's reported in the Daily Star

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/386823/REVEALED-Angry-Adam-Lallana-made-Southampton-threats-to-push-through-Liverpool-move

REVEALED: Angry Adam Lallana made Southampton threats to push through Liverpool move

ANGRY Adam Lallana stunned Southampton by threatening never to play for the club again if they didn't let him join Liverpool.

By Jack Wilson/Published 2nd July 2014

TWENTY'S PLENTY: Lallana will wear the number 20 at Anfield next season [ [Liverpool FC via Getty Images] ]

The England midfielder, 26, has been at the Saints since he was 12 but left amid a storm yesterday.

He had become increasingly frustrated that Southampton were trying to stop him leaving.

And Lallana was so desperate to push through a switch to Anfield that he told St Mary's chiefs he would REFUSE to play.

A club source told Starsport: "Adam threw his toys out of the pram and said he would never play for the club again if they did not accept Liverpool's offer. It left a bitter taste."

Lallana eventually left in a £25m deal which sees him join ex-Saints team-mate Rickie Lambert at Liverpool.

The former skipper said: "I'm grateful that Southampton accepted the offer in the end and granted my wish to play at such a fantastic football club, in Champions League football and competing for Premier League titles."

Not happy with his AD but my bigger concern is why do all these players want away from Club at any cost.

Not sure about the "at any cost" part but:

1- They are good enough for European football, of which we cannot offer this season and probably wont be able to offer next season either.

2- They want to win trophies.

3- We can't / won't pay what other clubs will for their services.

But apart from that...

Alex Crook reported it here. Not been reported anywhere else and Adam Blackmore says he doesn't buy it. That's all we have available to us at the moment.

So some bull**** paper that everyone disregards in normal circumstances is now the gospel of truth because it suits a few bedwetters agenda? The only thing lacking class is the reaction of some of our fanbase, how embarrassing.

Good luck Adam, no wonder you decided to move on.

So some bull**** paper that everyone disregards in normal circumstances is now the gospel of truth because it suits a few bedwetters agenda? The only thing lacking class is the reaction of some of our fanbase, how embarrassing.

IMHO, our ex captain thumping the badge, signing a 5 year contract and declaring that he would love to stay at Saints for the rest of his career, then forcing a move a few months later shows a lack of class. As for the 'advert'? Knob.

His actions reflected his true feelings. Any empty words now will not change a thing, the bridges have been burnt.

No wonder he looked so sheepish at The End of Season Awards, already knowing that his mind was made up about leaving asap.

He was probably praying that he wouldn't win the next award, or the next one, or the next one:frown:

Can we have a revote now?

They don't, you've just completely made that up. 'At any cost' would only be true if players were keen to leave for similar or lower clubs. Which players has this happened with?

IMO Lambert and Lallana have moved up in the world, right?

Lovren and Morgan haven't been linked with Hull and Sunderland have they?

But you must be wrong, they got their facts from the daily star and twitter :mcinnes:

They don't, you've just completely made that up. 'At any cost' would only be true if players were keen to leave for similar or lower clubs. Which players has this happened with?

IMO Lambert and Lallana have moved up in the world, right?

Lovren and Morgan haven't been linked with Hull and Sunderland have they?

also at any cost would mean sacrificing loyalty bonuses ;)

So you ask where this information came from about Lallana threatening to go on strike and when people tell you, you throw a wobbly about the source. I did qualify my post with the caveat that it was only the Star where the report was, but then pointed out that if it was untrue, then it was probably libellous. You seem to have overlooked that possibility. Lallana has not refuted the report, unless you in turn can point me towards anywhere he has, and do you also have any explanation to offer for the terse statement made by the club? It was hardly an amicable parting, was it?

And I really am highly amused at your implied reason for Lallana's departure, that the nasty fan base is capable of saying horrible things about him. You can think that if it pleases you; I'll prefer to think that he left for a glory team for the sake of his over-inflated ego and the massive increase of dosh.

And some of these opinions on here relating to his departure embarass you, but you call those who made them bedwetters? :rolleyes: I think that you're a bit too sensitive to be a football fan if something so trivial causes you embarassment.

It's just so SHALLOW. The second line isn't even a coherent sentence FFS. Even adding the words 'I've enjoyed' at the beginning and 'you will have' in the middle of the second line would've helped immensely.

Arms length, greeting card vagaries.

I just want to say: over the years, I have come to regard you as . . . people I met

Difference of opinion on here today. Majority very disappointed with AL, a few dismissing all rumours and trying to be 'supportive' of AL.

Personally I beleive a lot of the problem with fans reaction is down to the fans themselves, we are wrong to place these young men on pedastals and hold them up as icons.

In football words are cheap! Fans seem happy to believe what Lambert wrote because it sounded all gushy and warm yet don't like what Lallana wrote because it is short and condescending.

The only 'fact' is that we have no idea about what has gone on with any players departure. There is so much debate & speculation as to 'why' these players would want to leave - personally I think its easy to see, they have moved to 'bigger' clubs on bigger wages. Same way that everyone understood why Chaplow, Hammond, Barnard etc... were let go because they no longer met the criteria for an improving Southampton.

Whilst AL, RL, LS etc.. were here, they had my support. Now they are gone, I don't really care what they do.

As some have said, time to move on.

I am looking forward to the seeing what new management team can do, looking forward to seeing who they bring in and looking forward to my days out to St Marys to support whoever will be on the pitch next season.

Not happy with his AD but my bigger concern is why do all these players want away from Club at any cost.

This is actually what is more interesting. What has happened at the Club to make so many players apparently disgruntled where before they (gave the appearance of being) a tight-knit bunch. This isn't just down to wanting to play for better clubs at a higher level, something happened at the Club that turned everything sour. Clearly something to do with the change of leadership.

I don't know what's more embarrassing , the pathetic advert placed by lallana or some of our supporters reaction to losing a " loved one". FFS I wish people would stop acting like dumped teenagers. As with most things it's not black or white, there's shades of grey. Clattenburgs gone from zero to hero and Adams headed in the other direction, why? Because a professional footballer moved clubs. I still remember the abuse Bally took returning with man c, although I bet we'd be hard pressed to find anyone admitting to abusing him, it was probably blokes who don't go anymore lol.

Its ironic he's gone to Liverpool seeing as their supporters are run down all the time for playing the victims, I wish we'd stop playing the victim over this. Putting an ad in the Liverpool echo, how Mickie mouse is that?

Back in the day I posted my opinions on the Clattenburg thread like many others.

Back in March at the Dubai World Cup Horse Race after a bucket of booze I found myself randomly standing next to Clattenburg in the bathroom.

I let fly with a barrage of expletives at him. On reflection at that time I was not overly impressed with myself for that.

Now? I feel like a complete ***t.

So, Dear Mr Clattenburg, for what little it is worth, I apologise whole heartedly and sincerely. I was an idiot. You were right.

Adam? Don't bother coming back for nights out in Bompey.

Hang on! Wait, what? You live in Dubai? Why haven't you ever mentioned that before?

Its almost as if Adam has no PR representatives at all and has gone straight to the paper off his own back?

the wording is shocking! straight from a dumb footballers mouth, after what he said it comes across as sarcasm

I don't know what's more embarrassing , the pathetic advert placed by lallana or some of our supporters reaction to losing a " loved one". FFS I wish people would stop acting like dumped teenagers. As with most things it's not black or white, there's shades of grey. Clattenburgs gone from zero to hero and Adams headed in the other direction, why? Because a professional footballer moved clubs. I still remember the abuse Bally took returning with man c, although I bet we'd be hard pressed to find anyone admitting to abusing him, it was probably blokes who don't go anymore lol.

Its ironic he's gone to Liverpool seeing as their supporters are run down all the time for playing the victims, I wish we'd stop playing the victim over this. Putting an ad in the Liverpool echo, how Mickie mouse is that?

I don't think calling him a ***t on a couple of posts is the same as acting like a dumped teenager. Granted, those few posters who talk of a "grieving process" are right soft lads, panty p!ssers and melts, who need to grow a pair, but the vast majority of what I have read on here, are fellas calling him a ****, because he is one. Do that a couple of times and move on. Only to reprise it when he comes down to SMS next season of course.

Lallana's advisors have obviously moved to control the meta-narrative with this stunt and a lot of media outlets are commenting on what a lovely likeable chap he is, while ignoring the groundswell of invective that has risen against him. Not much we can do to change that now, so probably best that we stop moping and start looking forward to the new signings.

This is actually what is more interesting. What has happened at the Club to make so many players apparently disgruntled where before they (gave the appearance of being) a tight-knit bunch. This isn't just down to wanting to play for better clubs at a higher level, something happened at the Club that turned everything sour. Clearly something to do with the change of leadership.

The England squad is the clear common denominator. Malign place that certainly isn't about performing for nation on world stage perhaps.

Clearly not. Otherwise these players would be desperate to get away to Aston Villa or West Ham.

They're not, they're signing for the biggest clubs in the world.

All the players leaving or allegedly leaving are linked with top four/five sides do you really think any of them would have been ready to leave saints to go to Brentford or Ipswich? It's really pretty simple Saints have great season, saints best players attracted attention from bigger clubs, players tell saints to F-off to move to bigger club. This would still be happening if NC was here.

So you ask where this information came from about Lallana threatening to go on strike and when people tell you, you throw a wobbly about the source. I did qualify my post with the caveat that it was only the Star where the report was, but then pointed out that if it was untrue, then it was probably libellous. You seem to have overlooked that possibility. Lallana has not refuted the report, unless you in turn can point me towards anywhere he has, and do you also have any explanation to offer for the terse statement made by the club? It was hardly an amicable parting, was it?

And I really am highly amused at your implied reason for Lallana's departure, that the nasty fan base is capable of saying horrible things about him. You can think that if it pleases you; I'll prefer to think that he left for a glory team for the sake of his over-inflated ego and the massive increase of dosh.

And some of these opinions on here relating to his departure embarass you, but you call those who made them bedwetters? :rolleyes: I think that you're a bit too sensitive to be a football fan if something so trivial causes you embarassment.

Well that's me told, i'll go to bed with a tear in my eye and a flea in my ear. :rolleyes: