Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Some Italian news outlets now claiming some guy called Ezequiel Schelotto will be coming as part of the Osvaldo deal. never heard of him but is a 25 year old midfielder.

Seems a very strange one

A left winger I think. Been at inter a while but never really broken into the first 11. From what I've seen is a better option than taider.

So SSN (Amy Lewis?) were reporting Tuesday that we would make 3 signings before the end of the week 'with a focus / emphasis on young English talent" or words to that effect. So Bertrand is one of them and you would think at least one of the other two would fit the above criteria. So who's our money on? Ings? Redmond?

Some Italian news outlets now claiming some guy called Ezequiel Schelotto will be coming as part of the Osvaldo deal. never heard of him but is a 25 year old midfielder.

Seems a very strange one

Why do we only get details about his ex-gf when we search for him? Troll?

So SSN (Amy Lewis?) were reporting Tuesday that we would make 3 signings before the end of the week 'with a focus / emphasis on young English talent" or words to that effect. So Bertrand is one of them and you would think at least one of the other two would fit the above criteria. So who's our money on? Ings? Redmond?

I think it was amended to "young talent" quite quickly.

Forster!

I think it was amended to "young talent" quite quickly.

The tweet is still there on her SSN account

@SkySportsAmy: Sources: Southampton hoping to bring in a keeper, defender and a forward by the end of this week with a focus on young English talent

Yes thorpie I forgot about the 'keeper' comment so Forster it could be.

Seems a very strange one

Ooh, the ex Atalanta player? If so he is RAPID. Would do a pretty good job for us.

http://www.sempreinter.com/2014/07/31/yes-schelotto-agrees-to-be-part-of-southampton-deal/

The comments could be more encouraging.

The tweet is still there on her SSN account

@SkySportsAmy: Sources: Southampton hoping to bring in a keeper, defender and a forward by the end of this week with a focus on young English talent

Yes thorpie I forgot about the 'keeper' comment so Forster it could be.

Reckon we should go for that young Gunners Right back... what's he called? Champers? Chumbers? or something, heard he is a great prospect, young and English so would fit the bill!

Depressing state of affairs:

GK - Forster - Yeah fair enough signing

DF - Bertrand - Terrible

SK - Someone who will be make weight for Osvaldo and so far the names being touted are average at best

Great so we are working to build a bloated squad of loanees and average players. That's a nice little earner banked by the board though so they'll be happy. 90mil in c. 20mil out.

You'd expect it to be Redmond and Forster. Or possibly Ings. Could to see we're not just going to be overloaded with foreign imports.

Yes garret. If there is one thing we've learnt from international tournaments for the last 20 years it's to avoid those foreigners and stick with the English lads.

DF - Bertrand - Terrible

SK - Someone who will be make weight for Osvaldo and so far the names being touted are average at best

Great so we are working to build a bloated squad of loanees and average players. That's a nice little earner banked by the board though so they'll be happy. 90mil in c. 20mil out.

dodge-viper-nappy-small-15366.jpg

DF - Bertrand - Terrible

What a muppet.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 4m

.@ryanbertrand3 arrival should ease concerns about @jackcork1's future. The pair grew close at #CFC & will have surely spoken about the move

Don't buy that as meaning Cork is staying.

Surely if Cork thought the Club was going nowhere or up **** creek without a paddle he'd be warning a good friend not to touch us with a barge pole. Under those circumstances a very reassuring signing.

I think this might win the award for the best signing/worst reaction ratio.

Any others??

People being really pathetic. He's a decent player and deserves our support. We'd have been chuffed to sign him when we came up. We had fox and an untried kid. Now we have Bertrand and an untried kid. We lost one of the best left backs around. Did people expect improvement? Bertrand isn't as good but isn't exactly a big drop, and could get better.

Yet people would prefer any foreign option for big money right?

Even better, they want the proven Premier League market of South America to provide it...

Any others??

People being really pathetic. He's a decent player and deserves our support. We'd have been chuffed to sign him when we came up. We had fox and an untried kid. Now we have Bertrand and an untried kid. We lost one of the best left backs around. Did people expect improvement? Bertrand isn't as good but isn't exactly a big drop, and could get better.

Everyone seems ok with the signing, they are more upset that the board promised a statement of intent and reinvestment and we got Bertrand. Nothing against him as a player but I think most of us would have liked a transfer in to back up Kreuger's words.

Any others??

Again, how does believing he is an underwhelming signing mean he will not receive support?

So you think that's going to be the sum of our business before the end if the window do you? You must do due to your comment about the amount spent (which I assume doesn't include however much we spend on Forster).

If we spend £8m on Forster, £10m on van Dijk and £10m on Ings and get a good wide midfielder in exchange for Osvaldo that will make us stronger than last year imo - with £35m still in the bank. Good business got to say.

Everyone seems ok with the signing, they are more upset that the board promised a statement of intent and reinvestment and we got Bertrand. Nothing against him as a player but I think most of us would have liked a transfer in to back up Kreuger's words.

Where did the board promise a statement of intent? Also, what makes you think that is meant to be a marquee signing? Quite a few more are likely to be coming.

Any others??

Given the resources that should be at our disposal, we should at least have got a player that would be available for every league game next season.

If we spend £8m on Forster, £10m on van Dijk and £10m on Ings and get a good wide midfielder in exchange for Osvaldo that will make us stronger than last year imo - with £35m still in the bank. Good business got to say.

100%, and we'll have cur the wage bill down as well which I think is important for long term stability and also FFP. I think we've pretty much been on the same page this Summer, which hasn't always happened BTT :D

Yes garret. If there is one thing we've learnt from international tournaments for the last 20 years it's to avoid those foreigners and stick with the English lads.

What I mean is, he won't have to take time to settle and get used to playing in this league. The last thing we need is to sign 8 players who have never played in the prem or England before.

Although I don't particularly rate Redmond or Bertrand, they will be able to come straight in and play, and are decent enough.

Given the resources that should be at our disposal, we should at least have got a player that would be available for every league game next season.

But who would you want to go for? Rojo isn't proven in the Premier League, is South American (which we don't seem to do that we'll with) and would cost us 16m. Do you not think that's a bit of a gamble?

Any others??

You can hardly blame people for wanting a boost after recent events though?

In my opinion, Bertrand is a fantastic signing, but he lacks that 'glamour' impact so people are naturally going to be a bit underwhelmed. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes one of our most valuable players next year.

You can hardly blame people for wanting a boost after recent events though?

In my opinion, Bertrand is a fantastic signing, but he lacks that 'glamour' impact so people are naturally going to be a bit underwhelmed. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes one of our most valuable players next year.

People should be separating the two. Recent events may have left people feeling down, but to therefore expect the very first signings to instantly make up for that in some way is unrealistic and unfair, especially on Bertrand. What's best for the club (from this point forward) is not going to be the same as what some people think *they* need so that they can feel better. As long as Koeman is happy that we're making the right signings then we should trust his judgement IMO.

£35m in whose bank? Not convinced mate. Trying to be positive but a team of unproven in Prem versus what we had last year would be a big step down. Shame really

£35m in whose bank? Not convinced mate. Trying to be positive but a team of unproven in Prem versus what we had last year would be a big step down. Shame really

Not sure why everyone gets hung up on this 'proven in the premiership' thing. A few years ago maybe, but not now, not for me anyway.

Saints did alright with an entire team unproven in the premiership two seasons back (except Davis)!

A team that has played a bit together and gelled, THAT is another matter, and I accept that as an issue.

But 'proven in the prem'? A fallacy these days: five or six Championship squads (plus Celtic) could compete (for survival admittedly) but compete they would, in the EPL.

This time last year (before a stunning year for Shaw and a poor one for Bertrand) mist people in football (outside staplewood) would have said RB was a much better prospect.

Not sure why everyone gets hung up on this 'proven in the premiership' thing. A few years ago maybe, but not now, not for me anyway.

Saints did alright with an entire team unproven in the premiership two seasons back (except Davis)!

A team that has played a bit together and gelled, THAT is another matter, and I accept that as an issue.

But 'proven in the prem'? A fallacy these days: five or six Championship squads (plus Celtic) could compete (for survival admittedly) but compete they would, in the EPL.

This time last year (before a stunning year for Shaw and a poor one for Bertrand) mist people in football (outside staplewood) would have said RB was a much better prospect.

Agreed. Three clubs with Premier League experience got relegated last year.

I've never thought much of Forster and last night convinced me he's not the goalkeeper we should be signing. I still prefer David Marshall although originally would have had us go for Ben Foster before he signed a new contract.

The Scotsman reporting this morning that Napoli are in for Van

Now Napoli want van Dijk

NAPOLI are the latest club to be linked with a move for Celtic stopper Virgil van Dijk.

The Dutch defender is on the radar of several clubs including Swansea, Southampton, Sunderland, and Hamburg and now Rafa Benitez could swoop to bring the highly-rated centre half to Italy.

The ex-Liverpool and Chelsea boss has reportedly added van Dijk to his list of targets after a string of impressive performances while Southampton manager Ronald Koeman is eying the 23-year-old as he looks to rebuild at St Mary’s. (The Sun)

DF - Bertrand - Terrible

mad.gif