Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Sturridge out for a month. Shame

Hmm I am not sure that is good news really. He's a good finisher but they spent a few months working out how to play without him (3-4-3 with Sterling up front) and then when he returned they stuck with the same formation and shoved him in it and they haven't played too well. I can see Sterling going back to up front (from right wing-back :lol:) and I'll think they'll play better.

Scouse rag comparing the candidates to replace him in the side, points out that Lambert has only played 32 minutes of Premier League football this season, 32 minutes! Ouch...

No he hasn't. He may have played 32 minutes this calendar year, but he's started 5 PL games this season.

No he hasn't. He may have played 32 minutes this calendar year, but he's started 5 PL games this season.

Not my numbers, but the Liverpool Echo's http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-sturridge-injury-what-liverpool-8933251 - you should email them and put them right. Undoubtedly, typical scouse tossers exaggerating again!

All very true and I understand the reasons for him leaving but I think we would have done better if we had kept him for this season.

Well said. I'd rather he was here than at at the scousers, even if it meant he was a bit part player as he is there. My guess is he'd have got a lot more game time here.

Would we have bought Pelle if Lambert had not moved?

Thing was when Lambert was here last season we needed a second CF that could lead the line as there was no one to cover Lambert. This season we are in the same position we could have done with both of them in the squad for competition and to cover bad spells/injuries.

IMO Having both Lambert and Pelle here could have made the difference in points for Champs league. Pelles baron spell is arguably the biggest reason we are now 6 points off United and not level (Tadic form obviously key as well). That said I think we have only just realised how to use Long effectively.

I see from a 'report' in a daily that a Big Club is trying to poach a player from another big club.Brenda must have an opinion on this.No ambition?Whoops!

when this happens, you hear many pundits come out and say the liverpool is the best place for sterling.....

has sterling really turned down £180k a week???? lol

Edited by Batman

when this happens, you hear many pundits come out and say the liverpool is the best place for sterling.....

has sterling really turned down £180k a week???? lol

I don't think it's so much the alleged £180k pw but the bright lights of London surpass those of Liverpool!!

signing for Crystal Palace then is he because Chelsea don't do kids on massive salaries, Spurs don't do massive salaries at all and he's not an Arsenal type player.

Nah at Palace he'd be behind Puncheon, Bolasie and Zaha.

WHU for Sterling Big Sam to bring out a new side to his game.

Rodgers deserves all he gets I cant stand the man. Interesting that now Sterling wants to play for a bigger club and more money he believes he should stay where he is to develop and get more game time! Not the advice he was giving others last year was it!

He also critiscised Tottenham the year before for spending all Bales money and not making the Champions league a bit like him spending all the Suarez money maybe?

I think he would be better keeping his big mouth shut!

And Rodgers.......

Asked why Lovren, Liverpool’s most expensive defensive signing, did not start on Saturday, Rodgers said: “The thing with Kolo is he gives me everything every single day so I know what I am going to get with him.

What is he implying?

And Rodgers.......

Asked why Lovren, Liverpool’s most expensive defensive signing, did not start on Saturday, Rodgers said: “The thing with Kolo is he gives me everything every single day so I know what I am going to get with him.

What is he implying?

Lovren's head has moved on.

Decent manager. Wonder what would have happened if he had stayed?

we would have gone up to the NPC, no question. Reckon his style would have won us the trophy.

Now, not too sure if we would have gone up from the NPC to the prem first shout. We played a style under adkins that very few teams could cope with

Well the top four dream is buggered (and to be fair the fact that we were still in with a chance until March is pretty amazing) but my season target of finishing above spurs and Liverpool still very much on. Finishing above (most of) the defectors will be a nice little cherry on top of the Europa league cake if we can manage 5th this season.

Well the top four dream is buggered (and to be fair the fact that we were still in with a chance until March is pretty amazing) but my season target of finishing above spurs and Liverpool still very much on. Finishing above (most of) the defectors will be a nice little cherry on top of the Europa league cake if we can manage 5th this season.

That's got to be the target now, for me that would just cap an amazing season. What a way to stick 2 fingers up to Lallana, Lovren and MP.

The home game against Spurs is HUGE.

That's got to be the target now, for me that would just cap an amazing season. What a way to stick 2 fingers up to Lallana, Lovren and MP.

The home game against Spurs is HUGE.

Just finally hope we can break the hoodoo and actually beat someone who's returned that we have a dislike to ! Arry and L&L have all came back here got loads of stick (which is inevitable Poch will get) and gone away with all 3 points!

I must admit, I am enjoying the obvious discomfort that Rodgers is going through.

It could all lend rather nastily there. The media love-in has ended as he doesn't look like delivering Champions League football to the media's Merseyside darlings and it's clear certain players aren't playing for him.

Stevie G has clearly wiggled a stick inside the hornet's nest and will take off for The States having stirred things up nicely.

I would not be surprised to see the smug smile wiped from Brenda's face ere long.

I must admit, I am enjoying the obvious discomfort that Rodgers is going through.

It could all lend rather nastily there. The media love-in has ended as he doesn't look like delivering Champions League football to the media's Merseyside darlings and it's clear certain players aren't playing for him.

Stevie G has clearly wiggled a stick inside the hornet's nest and will take off for The States having stirred things up nicely.

I would not be surprised to see the smug smile wiped from Brenda's face ere long.

I would be so happy if Blackburn knock them out of the cup :)