Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Pity there isn't a current ranking like they had on the Italy poll for Pelle :( might not work but amused me! Genuinely don't think he'd be bashful about picking up the award though! Would probably think it justified his move!

He'd have his c*ck out in a jacuzzi again...

Adam Lallana says his first year at LFC hasn't been great and it has not lived up to his hopes.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-lallana-havent-lived-up-9062083

I've heard Adam has left a couple of voicemails on Brendan's phone. In some cases he took two or three hours to ring Adam back and once - get this - he never returned the call. At all.

I for one am disgusted by thus. Disgusted.

I know lots more about this, and some of it would make your eyes water and no mistake. But I'm a bit busy right now so I'll do it tomorrow, or the next day. Please can people stop begging me to update them.

I focused on the part where the article stated that we have received 28 million pounds, 15 million up front.

However, it also sounds like Shaw would have been happier here with RK than in Manchester.

Edited by Redslo

I focused on the part where the article stated that we have received 28 million pounds, 15 million up front.

However, it also sounds like Shaw would have been happier here with RK than in Manchester.

I focused on the following:

At Southampton he had been ordered to eschew the glasses of cola and sticky food, told to mature into his physique as he grew into a man’s body. He needs discipline and constant, caring reminders from the coaches.

and

It was at Southampton, under the guidance of Pochettino and the former executive chairman Nicola Cortese, where Shaw’s career flourished. The well-being of the boy was top priority.

The first quote is something I've always wondered about. Someone said that the staff at SFC were very concerned about his physique. After the 12/13 season, he bulked up massively and I always wondered about the transition "into a man's body". Being good before it, doesn't always translate into being good once you have the man's body as you can't always grow into it as you want.

And the second quote. Well, Ashton just couldn't resist it could he. Cortese. Did he not take on board what Cortese said about department heads? If he had, then he would have realised that Cortese's department would not have guided Shaw.

I've heard Adam has left a couple of voicemails on Brendan's phone. In some cases he took two or three hours to ring Adam back and once - get this - he never returned the call. At all.

I for one am disgusted by thus. Disgusted.

I know lots more about this, and some of it would make your eyes water and no mistake. But I'm a bit busy right now so I'll do it tomorrow, or the next day. Please can people stop begging me to update them.

Like.

He'll probably be shipped out on loan, I don't think Van Gal fancies him a single bit. He seems to prefer Rojo, Blind or Young in that position before he considers Shaw.

In hindsight, he shouldn't have moved. But the $$$$$ floated in front of his eyes, and his father - who by all accounts is a little bit annoying, pushed for the move. And £32m was just too good for anyone to turn down, really. Man Utd had their pants pulled down a bit with that deal.

I think he's a good player, but I never saw him in the same class as Bale - which he was being compared to in some places. I think the fact we haven't missed him a great deal says a lot. Bertrand doesn't look any less of a player to me - a little more experienced in some situations you'd have to say.

If he can sort his fitness out the injuries will dry up as well, although at the moment I don't think he has an injury - he's just not being selected.

And Lallana? Couldn't give a toss. Hope he carries on struggling there. The Liverpool fans are incredibly underwhelmed.

Shaw will be fine. LvG is going through a process of stamping his authority on the team and there are victims of the way he establishes himself. Shaw isn't the only one - Falcao, Rafael, and Di Maria are getting the same treatment. Mata and Herrera had it earlier in the season too. The article doesn't touch on Shaw's unprofessionalism in keeping himself fit and healthy of course, but that doesn't suit the narrative of the piece.

"a lack of structure and support for their teenage son"

Well, what a surprise, from a club that is renowned for looking after youngsters very well to be plunged into even more limelight. Not f**king rocket science is it? Greedy gits.

He'll probably be shipped out on loan, I don't think Van Gal fancies him a single bit. He seems to prefer Rojo, Blind or Young in that position before he considers Shaw.

In hindsight, he shouldn't have moved. But the $$$$$ floated in front of his eyes, and his father - who by all accounts is a little bit annoying, pushed for the move. And £32m was just too good for anyone to turn down, really. Man Utd had their pants pulled down a bit with that deal.

I think he's a good player, but I never saw him in the same class as Bale - which he was being compared to in some places. I think the fact we haven't missed him a great deal says a lot. Bertrand doesn't look any less of a player to me - a little more experienced in some situations you'd have to say.

If he can sort his fitness out the injuries will dry up as well, although at the moment I don't think he has an injury - he's just not being selected.

And Lallana? Couldn't give a toss. Hope he carries on struggling there. The Liverpool fans are incredibly underwhelmed.

Bertrand vs Shaw. You say that we haven't missed Shaw and I would have to agree. It's always hard to compare players, but....

Shaw seems to have more pace and is possibly stronger. He is thought of as the better defender, but not sure Bertrand is any less good.

Bertrand can and does use both feet. Too often last season Shaw would make a run down the wing, get towards the corner, cut back, find the ball on his right foot and then not cross it because he had to have it on his left to do that. For someone who cost £30m and plays on the wing, surely you would want them to be able to use both feet. Bale used to be just as bad, but he seems more confident using his right these days. Maybe Shaw can develop this, and IIRC, I think he might be using his right peg a bit this season, but I've hardly seen him on the pitch to notice.

Bertrand in the league has scored twice and has 3 assists.

Bertrand, albeit 6 years older = Shaw + £20m. At present that's the main argument, but for Man Utd, those 6 years (presuming he stays and flourishs) makes sense so a good deal for all involved although, given the astronomic fee, more so for us.

Bertrand is good but I still prefer Shaw. Call me a sentimental tw*t, but there's nothing like seeing an academy produced player you've seen playing from the age of 15 make the sort impact he did for us in the Premier League.

.....there are several issues here.

1) Very few people in the Football world could ever have seen Saints as a challenger top MU's historical position. Shaw moved before anyone had a chance to see that.

If that were this season, there may not have been a (?) over his potential move.....if it wasn't justfor the money, he might have stayed.

Luke's "success" was that he had a key role at SFC, and we played to his strengths. At Old Trafford, he is just a number in a team that plays totally another formation.

2) even during David Moyes' season (not a bad manager who did wonders at Everton), the " ghost of Ferguson " was still in the United dressing room, at a time when the team was in transition and they needed a new back-line which hadn't been satisfactorily replaced after losing Ferdinand and Vidic at the same time.

The failure to even qualify for Europe was the nail in Moyes' coffin, and he would surely have stayed ....even had they qualified for Europa League.

3) My perception of LVG is media-driven (as for many others), but he came in as a hero from the World Cup looking like a friendly old uncle, but when the results went against him, he turned into the wicked stepfather and looked around for scapegoats. Shaw (overweight or not) was a prime target and he must have fumed at the thought of MU signing a teenager on 100K week ..for that sort of fee. Unless MU have a major injury crisis Shaw may find himself on the bench for a long time-or until LVG goes.

At the moment, whether he's used or not..there is no way MU could recoup even a part of that fee ....were he to move elsewhere.

4) Finally, the deal was a no-brainer (from both sides). There is no way a Prem. footballer would be likely to refuse a move to MU, and the resultant salary he'd get, and Saints made a deal that will surely seal our record transfer fee (out) for several decades to come.

Saints' are richer to the tune of almost £100 million, but sadly (for the "renegades" who jumped ship)... none of them has had a particularly good season.

They may come again, but the secret of their "success" at SFC was that they all played in the same team, and knew each other's strengths and weaknesses.

I will never understand how Brendan Rodgers could buy BOTH Lambert and Lallana... without understanding that they were both the key to each other's success.

As it is.... he rarely has them on the pitch at the same time.:rolleyes:

Villa 2-1 up in the 2nd semi, having been a goal down. Lovren playing :). Villa missed a great chance for 3-1, hope they hold on. Yes, I know we need Arsenal or Liverpool to win if we finish 7th, but Arsenal will be tough to beat for anyone. Would much rather Brendan does not even get a day out in May

Villa 2-1 up in the 2nd semi, having been a goal down. Lovren playing :). Villa missed a great chance for 3-1, hope they hold on. Yes, I know we need Arsenal or Liverpool to win if we finish 7th, but Arsenal will be tough to beat for anyone. Would much rather Brendan does not even get a day out in May

Would rather Liverpool got through so that we knew before the season ended that 7th was enough. Wouldn't fancy ending 7th and then banking European football on Arsenal winning one match!

Edited by SaintAndy14
Dumb comment from me!

Lovren is so, so, so soooo bad. I can't believe we actually used to rate him??? Maybe the formidable 3 of Fonte, Wanyama and Morgan made him look like a world beater, when he was only ever an average player. He'd struggle to get another big club in his career now. No composure, no ability on the ball, no leadership, no positional sense, no pace...so basically, he has nothing.

£20m thank you very, very much.

I thought he was pretty good for us. To be honest. More so when he had Danny fox in the side and gazza in goal now and then

He is terrible for Liverpool, agree with that

Lovren had Morgan and Victor in front of him, that what made him look better than he was.

Meanwhile Poch heading for 3 points and 6th due to the useless Magpies. Not sure Newcastle are safe from relegation.

Four Spuds in an offside position and the goalie HAS to hold his line.Offside under the real rule,not interfering with play under the new.I know which one I prefer

Iain Macintosh ‏@iainmacintosh

Brendan Rodgers thought Gerrard was, “excellent today.” I realise that he’s obliged to back his captain, but Christ...

I hope Gerrard plays for them for the rest of the season, as that will equal plenty more losses.

some scouse fans on RAWK are getting tired of Rogers big time. 1 good season out of 3 so far.

Having a right pop at his tactics and team selections.

The biggest issue many have with is his way with words. Some mention the horse shyt he spouted our way, how he said liverpool are a super power in football, how wembley should be re-named Anfield South. Also, when he made that comments towards Spurs last season (Spending £100m and winning the league) it was when Sherwood was manager and tim apparently had a few sly words back and got owned today by him

Look at today. Putting gerrard back in was hillarious, needing to change something so bringing on an appalling player in glenn johnson and then throwing lambert on with less than 4 mins to go

Edited by Batman