Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Can't see any chance of SRL going to Bournemouth (or us for that matter). I recall that when he left his wife was so excited that they were moving back to Liverpool, so what would make him/them want to move back down south. If he leaves Liverpool it will be to a reasonably local team.

Depends how much he wants to play regularly, I suppose. If he was going to move back south, I'd like to think we'd be his first choice assuming the current management wanted him. That said, its worth remembering he was first out of the door, so I don't suppose the club can have strained every sinew to keep him here.

Bringing Rickie back would be a disaster, he needs football every week and he wouldn't get that with us now. it would be sad to see him struggle where he was king. He was first to jump ship, he's made his (bad) choice and he has to live with the consequences. No doubt he has doubled his money but reduced his reputation.

Bringing Rickie back would be a disaster, he needs football every week and he wouldn't get that with us now. it would be sad to see him struggle where he was king. He was first to jump ship, he's made his (bad) choice and he has to live with the consequences. No doubt he has doubled his money but reduced his reputation.

At his age I'd say he needs football every other week.

By the way, the "consequences" are that he doesn't have to play as much, gets paid more than he ever has before, gets to watch his boyhood team for free, and earns more in a week than most do in a year for another couple of years just for turning up to training. I don't begrudge him that at all, but he'd be nuts to move again unless the money was ridiculous.

Looks like Bolasie had a bit of a field day at Lovren's expense today.

[VINE]O1JFW1bIJDK[/VINE]

[VINE]eKYijOmA9Fu[/VINE]

In the second one maybe, the first one's from Selhurst earlier in the season. Though any Lovren-fails are fine.

The Sun - Football retweeted

Dream Team ‏@dreamteamfc 29m29 minutes ago

BREAKING: Liverpool planning improved bid of £30.5m for Benteke, after Villa reject initial offer of £30m plus Balotelli, Borini and Lovren

:o .

If anyone wants a bit of a giggle, head over to the Spurs forums and have a read through their transfer thread:

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/transfer-rumour-thread.7527/page-16

A few highlights - some ITK's genuinely think they have a chance of getting bale back.

And also that they're still even in for Jay, even though he's signed a new contract. That was just in place to drive up his price apparently.

Oh, and that they're pushing really hard to get Morgan and that Morgan really wants to join Spurs.

It's a load of waffle, good laugh though. Oh what I'd give to finish above them, even if it's on GD.

If anyone wants a bit of a giggle, head over to the Spurs forums and have a read through their transfer thread:

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/transfer-rumour-thread.7527/page-16

A few highlights - some ITK's genuinely think they have a chance of getting bale back.

And also that they're still even in for Jay, even though he's signed a new contract. That was just in place to drive up his price apparently.

Oh, and that they're pushing really hard to get Morgan and that Morgan really wants to join Spurs.

It's a load of waffle, good laugh though. Oh what I'd give to finish above them, even if it's on GD.

I wouldn't laugh too much about that Morgan rumour, my contact at Spurs has told me it's a strong possibility.

I wouldn't laugh too much about that Morgan rumour, my contact at Spurs has told me it's a strong possibility.

It just won't happen, they may be interested, but I cannot see how or why it would happen. The transfer fee for a start would be impossible for Spurs to hit, and It wouldn't benefit Morgan in the slightest. He'd have the same chance of getting CL football with us as he would with them, i.e very slim.

He'd ruin his reputation here if he jumped to that hole, as he'd have been proven to be speaking a load of trash about needing to play in the CL. I'm convinced bigger clubs will be interested and he should hold out for them. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge him a move - but if he ends up at Spurs he will be rightly ridiculed.

It just won't happen, they may be interested, but I cannot see how or why it would happen. The transfer fee for a start would be impossible for Spurs to hit, and It wouldn't benefit Morgan in the slightest. He'd have the same chance of getting CL football with us as he would with them, i.e very slim.

He'd ruin his reputation here if he jumped to that hole, as he'd have been proven to be speaking a load of trash about needing to play in the CL. I'm convinced bigger clubs will be interested and he should hold out for them. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge him a move - but if he ends up at Spurs he will be rightly ridiculed.

Exactly. Bang on. He's 25 now, when does he think Spurs will qualify for the CL?

Morgan can do so much better than Spurs, but if none of those Clubs actually put a bid in and Spurs offer what we want then it wouldnt suprise me.

He is so adept at fitting MPs system and they will spend this summer.

Would be a brilliant signing for them.

Well, from what I've read, they won't be spending big - because they can't. What with the stadium and training ground, the focus is on unearthing players that aren't quite as well known for smaller fee's, who can be developed. Very similar to our model and one of the reason's Mitchell was snapped up by them.

I remember seeing some direct quotes from MP along the lines that they're not able to offer the fees and wages the big clubs can, so they have to be more clever. I don't see how they can offer what we want for Morgan, their days of spending £25m+ on players are over for now.

Loads of people here massively disrespectful to RL on here... the bloke's been underused and when played, misused on a grandiose scale. He's not "lost it" by any means and I'm aboslutely sure whatever level he plays at next season, he'll score on a consistent basis. Christ, if we based his few fleeting appearances at Liverpool as him getting worse, than I dread to think what you lot consider Balotelli's level of ability.

Loads of people here massively disrespectful to RL on here... the bloke's been underused and when played, misused on a grandiose scale. He's not "lost it" by any means and I'm aboslutely sure whatever level he plays at next season, he'll score on a consistent basis. Christ, if we based his few fleeting appearances at Liverpool as him getting worse, than I dread to think what you lot consider Balotelli's level of ability.

Hey I wasn't being disrespectful ...........he done a great job when here and is a legend............but time moves on ............

What a gem this is: "I do agree if Poch wants any player we should try and get him, Schneiderlin, Benteke and Alderweireld, would be a good window for me."

Never going to happen. Mostly because it would cost them something like 70 million for the three. Nothing about Levy suggests he's going to do that again.

What a gem this is: "I do agree if Poch wants any player we should try and get him, Schneiderlin, Benteke and Alderweireld, would be a good window for me."

Never going to happen. Mostly because it would cost them something like 70 million for the three. Nothing about Levy suggests he's going to do that again.

It would cost £60million for Benteke and Morgan alone.

wow interesting views from spuds fans

Paulinho and Dembele will surely go for £15m apiece and we can probably still get the best part of £20m from Lamela

if that's true we are seriously under pricing our players:D

Why do we need a new head groundsman then? Retired, filched or sacked for overwatering?

Head Groundsman certainly isn't leaving.

andrew gray @adgray13

Just to clarify. I am not leaving. The vacancy is one level below me. The successful applicant will be lucky enough to report to me ;)

Head Groundsman certainly isn't leaving.

andrew gray @adgray13

Just to clarify. I am not leaving. The vacancy is one level below me. The successful applicant will be lucky enough to report to me ;)

Andrew has overall responsibility for all pitches, including training ones. The new guy/gal will be specifically in charge of the playing surface at SMS.

Read to the bottom and on my computer in the box full of other vacancies its says "VACANCY: Assistant Schoolboy" :eek:

Full-time position too................. didn't realise that you could have a part-time one; unless you are a habitual truant with a doctors note! ;)

Oh dear, Osvaldo has slagged off the committee of the CONMEBOL because Boca got slung out of the Copa Liberatores.

Called them fat blokes in suits and mafioso apparently. Punishment will surely follow.

Give him the president's award tonight. This certainly warrants it.

Yeah saw that but his performances have been crap this year, I don't think anyone will be paying it any attention.

Yeah saw that but his performances have been crap this year, I don't think anyone will be paying it any attention.

Liverpool have slipped them a few quid to put his name on there to get a gullible club to take him off their hands........ The You Tube highlights package must nearly be through editing too. :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11616110/20-worst-Premier-League-signings-of-the-201415-season.html?frame=3309907

Calum Chambers, Dejan Lovren and Luke Shaw have all made it onto the list of this season's 20 worst signings, relative to price. Hehe.

Brilliant, you could also genuinely have included Lollana and Lambert. This should be pinned to the dressing room wall on Saturday.

Brilliant, you could also genuinely have included Lollana and Lambert. This should be pinned to the dressing room wall on Saturday.

Could have also added Gaston and the Algerian guy we signed on loan in the summer, whose name I can't even remember, he was so bad.

Could have also added Gaston and the Algerian guy we signed on loan in the summer, whose name I can't even remember, he was so bad.

Gaston we signed three years ago, so not eligible. The Algerian guy I don't suppose was much of an outlay, and soon shipped back so low profile. Of course if Osvaldo had come in last year!!!!

He wasn't "bad", he looked pretty decent in his 10 minute sub appearance. It was the off-pitch stuff that got him the boot.

Gaston we signed three years ago, so not eligible. The Algerian guy I don't suppose was much of an outlay, and soon shipped back so low profile. Of course if Osvaldo had come in last year!!!!

Gaston could be there as a loan signing for Hull this season.