Defectors Watch

adrian lord

some scouse fans on RAWK are getting tired of Rogers big time. 1 good season out of 3 so far.

Having a right pop at his tactics and team selections.

The biggest issue many have with is his way with words. Some mention the horse shyt he spouted our way, how he said liverpool are a super power in football, how wembley should be re-named Anfield South. Also, when he made that comments towards Spurs last season (Spending £100m and winning the league) it was when Sherwood was manager and he apparently had a few sly words back and got owned today by him

Look at today. Putting gerrard back in was hillarious, needing to change something so bringing on an appalling player in glenn johnson and then throwing lambert on with less than 4 mins to go

The media love-in over Rogers has been so cringeworthy. He's a huge failure as Liverpool manager, basically.

When Paul Scholes was 34, he scored the semi-final winner against Barcelona to take Man Utd to the Champions League final.

When Steven Gerrard was 34, he got outplayed by Tom Cleverley.

This ends the debate once and for all.

Hardly the worst word in the world is it? And no, there is no confusion, it's been explained enough times in enough places FFS.

Scotty said there 'has' been confusion re Europa situation which is true so don't jump on his back - yes, I agree that it has been explained but there were still plenty of people today asking about it it seems. Not all users will have seen these conversations Bateman.

The media love-in over Rogers has been so cringeworthy. He's a huge failure as Liverpool manager, basically.

Five live continued it today after the match ended. On the question of Rogers future, two or three on there said how impressive he has been. "Because of the way he has handled the real difficulties the club has had to face this season". Difficulties? WTF?

Is Rogers the most disliked manager in the league? His arrogance is misplaced, as he has done **** all to justify it. The closest two are Jose and Van Gaal. Jose is Jose, takes the mick but has also done it. Van Gaal is far too humourless but has also done it. Rodgers is a two hat, plain and simple and the brilliance of Suarez carried him last season. He is right to a certain extent about spending £100m. I reckon many a manager could spend what he did and assemble a squad that would be in the same position as Pool are at the moment. He was right when he said that anyone spending that much should be challenging for the title, especially as he only lost one main player so didn't have a mass rebuild job.

It was interesting listening to TalkSport last week about Klopp. They said that maybe Liverpool should thanks Rogers for all his work and say thanks for him taking them as far as HE can (and they used Saints and Adkins as an example) and appoint Klopp. Wouldn't be surprised if that happens, especially if they did happen to finish 6th or 7th, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Benitez back at some stage.

When Paul Scholes was 34, he scored the semi-final winner against Barcelona to take Man Utd to the Champions League final.

Brilliant analogy Batman, and one that I'll be borrowing. Now for the scouser's league form to go into free fall - YNWA LMFAO!

Lovren's last minute shot ending up in the same place as his penalty miss and the glares he got from everybody else gave me a warm glow.

I'm rooting for a Saints , Spurs 5th and 6th and an Aston Villa Cup win.

Liverpool and that dispicable twonk Rodgers to miss out on Europe is preferable to me, than Pottychino and Spurs failing to. WTF was Brenda thinking of, leaving SRL on the bench till the 89th minute?

Interesting.....currently top quote on this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3046177/Liverpool-captain-Steven-Gerrard-spent-force-Brendan-Rodgers-real-flop.html is

Manu96, Manchester, United Kingdom, 10 hours ago

When Paul Scholes was 34 he helped us beat Barcelona in the semi final and took us to Moscow Gerrard at 34 gets outplayed by Cleverley

Now Batman's post was 16 hours or so ago, but I know DM sometimes post hours after you have written the comment.

But the similarity is striking. Which leads me to think...

a) Manu96 copied Batman's post

b) Batman copied this from somewhere else on the web

c) Batman is Manu96 and really a Man U supporter.

I find a) unlikely as isn't really a thread that you would read unless you are Saints. So it's one of the other two. Is Batman taking credit for something he didn't write or is he a Man U supporter?

:)

Interesting.....currently top quote on this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3046177/Liverpool-captain-Steven-Gerrard-spent-force-Brendan-Rodgers-real-flop.html is

Now Batman's post was 16 hours or so ago, but I know DM sometimes post hours after you have written the comment.

But the similarity is striking. Which leads me to think...

a) Manu96 copied Batman's post

b) Batman copied this from somewhere else on the web

c) Batman is Manu96 and really a Man U supporter.

I find a) unlikely as isn't really a thread that you would read unless you are Saints. So it's one of the other two. Is Batman taking credit for something he didn't write or is he a Man U supporter?

:)

I found that quote on facebook

What debate? Are you honestly saying that Gerard wasn't a quality player in his prime?

Tony Evans was just talking Liverpool.

Saying many fans need to get real when they talk potential targets. They are not the highest payers, not in the champions league and miles away from London

Also, he believes Rodgers was close to getting the boot in December and he will be lucky to start the season with the Reds

Mentioned that his tactics are just bizarre. Every player moved positions in the game yesterday and they got worse as the game went on. Also, their recent unbeaten run saw many very poor performances.

There was more and he was pretty hard in Rodgers

At last, someone in the media saying it (a scouser too)

I read somewhere that he is the first Liverpool in the post-Shankly era not to win a trophy in his first three seasons in charge.

As somebody else said, he got lucky last season when Suarez carried the side, and if poor AVB was sacked for spunking the money from the sale of Bale, what did Rodgers do with the proceeds from Suarez?

He spent £150m last summer, add that to what he has previously spent, and the fact that it still hasn't bought Liverpool a trophy indicates he is not a great manager.

I think the natives in Toxteth could turn on him very quickly after yesterday, especially if it turns out - as likely after Man City's win yesterday - that all his £150m expenditure last summer bought him was a similar Europa League spot to what Saints might end up with with considerably less spent, but with the thick end of £50m trousered from Liverpool's largesse.

A nice article exploring how Brenda has spunked £200million plus on players in three years and which players have actually been useful signings.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3047019/Brendan-Rodgers-spent-216m-took-Liverpool-delivered-no-trophies-signings-paid-ones-flopped.html

No surprise all three defecators where considered misses :lol:. Felt a bit sorry for Lambert though

It felt like he was joining the club as a back-up player, but injury to Sturridge and lack of form from Mario Balotelli thrust Lambert into the spotlight and he has been unable to deliver.

Personally don't think Rodgers has ever given Lambert a fair crack of the whip.

Balotelli's been an absolute disaster, can't believe they thought it was a good idea signing him. I don't think Les Reed would take him on a free. Hopefully the sky love in with them will stop now, a fifth place finish after the money they have spent is a failure.

A nice article exploring how Brenda has spunked £200million plus on players in three years and which players have actually been useful signings.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3047019/Brendan-Rodgers-spent-216m-took-Liverpool-delivered-no-trophies-signings-paid-ones-flopped.html

No surprise all three defecators where considered misses :lol:. Felt a bit sorry for Lambert though

It felt like he was joining the club as a back-up player, but injury to Sturridge and lack of form from Mario Balotelli thrust Lambert into the spotlight and he has been unable to deliver.

Personally don't think Rodgers has ever given Lambert a fair crack of the whip.

I actually think that article is a little easy on them. The only signings I'd put down as hits are Can, Sturridge and Coutinho. The rest have been rubbish.

But I agree with you on Lambert, the misuse of him this year has been a travesty and he's just ****ed his career up the wall. It was pretty much summed up on Sunday. 90 mins on the clock, let's throw on Lambert and ''hit it long'' - yes, because that's all Lambert is good for, isn't it. Such a genius tactician.

Good god

Collymore going on about how wonderful Rodgers is. Saying he is half way through his process and knows what he is doing. This is just a season of pain whilst the younger players that have come in learn the Liverpool way and next season we will see it all fall into place.

Rodgers (apparently) is the best manager is the country with regards to developing young players.

Why do so many go on like this about the man?

Good god

Collymore going on about how wonderful Rodgers is. Saying he is half way through his process and knows what he is doing. This is just a season of pain whilst the younger players that have come in learn the Liverpool way and next season we will see it all fall into place.

Rodgers (apparently) is the best manager is the country with regards to developing young players.

Like who have he actaully developed?

Wouldn't say Sterling has progressed really... and... erhhh?

Good god

Like who have he actaully developed?

Wouldn't say Sterling has progressed really... and... erhhh?

A few Brendan Rodgers quotes. From this season!

To LVG: “This is a league where the top team plays the bottom team and on any given day you can lose. You don’t get that a lot in the other leagues. I think the competition will probably take him by surprise."

To Mourinho: "It’s not difficult to coach to just get 10 players right on your 18-yard box."

To Tottenham: "Look at Tottenham. If you spend more than £100million, you expect to be challenging for the league."

To Southampton: "They don't have to sell. (Southampton) have a choice. Maybe Southampton's objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe. It's the nature of it. The players will want to compete at the highest level they possibly can."

To everyone: "We play with eleven men, other teams play with 10 men and 1 goalkeeper."

Now: "I don't think there's anyone better. That's the reality of how I see it."

Good god

He is an amazing manager just look at all the stuff he has won the championship play off final with Swansea and ...........er............ummm

A few Brendan Rodgers quotes. From this season!

To LVG: “This is a league where the top team plays the bottom team and on any given day you can lose. You don’t get that a lot in the other leagues. I think the competition will probably take him by surprise."

To Mourinho: "It’s not difficult to coach to just get 10 players right on your 18-yard box."

To Tottenham: "Look at Tottenham. If you spend more than £100million, you expect to be challenging for the league."

To Southampton: "They don't have to sell. (Southampton) have a choice. Maybe Southampton's objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe. It's the nature of it. The players will want to compete at the highest level they possibly can."

To everyone: "We play with eleven men, other teams play with 10 men and 1 goalkeeper."

Now: "I don't think there's anyone better. That's the reality of how I see it."

Don't you just love the sh*t that comes out of Brenda's mouth :lol:

Brenda talking about attracting players even though they are going to miss out on CL "I think if they have watched us over a few years, if we can regroup and get some quality starters in, we can go on another great adventure and get back in there."

Now I believe that over the past 3 years since he has been there (and won nothing) he has spent £211,550,000 (http://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ByManager/25-1). If you have spent over £200m and still not got some "quality starters", then what hope is there for you? He's bought 24 players in in 3 years - 24!!! The man is an idiot. I know that they have this transfer committee, and Brenda takes the flack for it, but he's a **** at the best of times, and I think the most disliked manager in the league.

This from the Telegraph after tonight's result:

"It was described as a ‘dream’ transfer for Rickie Lambert last summer, but of what type? One from a David Lynch movie, perhaps? Maybe Lambert will wake up at a different club at start of next season and consider the past year a hallucination.

When he starts on the bench and Mario Balotelli imitates someone with no concept of football as a team sport, it does beg the question how poor the ex-England striker has been in training? What could Balotelli be doing to keep Lambert in reserve? The Scouser said when he signed he had not moved to Liverpool as a cheerleader. He has a point. Mascots know they’ll be needed every matchday.".

Can't argue with it really.

This from the Telegraph after tonight's result:

"It was described as a ‘dream’ transfer for Rickie Lambert last summer, but of what type? One from a David Lynch movie, perhaps? Maybe Lambert will wake up at a different club at start of next season and consider the past year a hallucination.

When he starts on the bench and Mario Balotelli imitates someone with no concept of football as a team sport, it does beg the question how poor the ex-England striker has been in training? What could Balotelli be doing to keep Lambert in reserve? The Scouser said when he signed he had not moved to Liverpool as a cheerleader. He has a point. Mascots know they’ll be needed every matchday.".

Can't argue with it really.

As much as we love him it just hasn't worked out . From Sqawka....

Rickie Lambert didn't complete a single pass after the 71st minute tonight vs. Hull. Shocking. http://t.co/k0oTeqkdny

As much as we love him it just hasn't worked out . From Sqawka....

Rickie Lambert didn't complete a single pass after the 71st minute tonight vs. Hull. Shocking. http://t.co/k0oTeqkdny

Well that's what happens when you go from regular football every week to 5 minute cameos here and there. Shame really I reckon he could have still done a good job for a lower half prem team like Hull or villa and played regular football. Moving to Liverpool has pretty much ****ed his career.

Well that's what happens when you go from regular football every week to 5 minute cameos here and there. Shame really I reckon he could have still done a good job for a lower half prem team like Hull or villa and played regular football. Moving to Liverpool has pretty much ****ed his career.

He had played a grand total of 6 minutes before the 71st and made 3 successful passes. Distortion of the stats for no reason IMO.

He had played a grand total of 6 minutes before the 71st and made 3 successful passes. Distortion of the stats for no reason IMO.

Not at all, the fact is that still, in the last 20 mutes of the game he attempted 2 and completed 0 passes.