Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Well the top four dream is buggered (and to be fair the fact that we were still in with a chance until March is pretty amazing) but my season target of finishing above spurs and Liverpool still very much on. Finishing above (most of) the defectors will be a nice little cherry on top of the Europa league cake if we can manage 5th this season.

Very much the way I feel about it.

Well the top four dream is buggered (and to be fair the fact that we were still in with a chance until March is pretty amazing) but my season target of finishing above spurs and Liverpool still very much on. Finishing above (most of) the defectors will be a nice little cherry on top of the Europa league cake if we can manage 5th this season.

Agree, and the bonus is that 5th for us would be incredible, 6th or 7th for Liverpool or Spurs, given their delusion, is a disaster. Get it right and we may even be instrumental in the sacking of Rodgers and / Pochettino come May.

Agree, and the bonus is that 5th for us would be incredible, 6th or 7th for Liverpool or Spurs, given their delusion, is a disaster. Get it right and we may even be instrumental in the sacking of Rodgers and / Pochettino come May.

Be careful what you wish for. We don't want them to get a good manager.

Here's an unpopular opinion: Pochettino has done really well with the squad he was given.

Kane has papered over a lot of cracks but it's no coincidence they score a lot of late winners

He needs to maintain their current league position and gain 15 points from the remaining games to match Tim Sherwood's performance.

Here's an unpopular opinion: Pochettino has done really well with the squad he was given.

Kane has papered over a lot of cracks but it's no coincidence they score a lot of late winners

Sherwood did better with pretty much the same squad minus Kane. Take Kane out of the equation this season and Mopo's spurs would be mid table. I'm pretty sure that Spurs didn't get rid of Sherwood and bring in Poch to stay still or go backwards.

Sherwood did better with pretty much the same squad minus Kane. Take Kane out of the equation this season and Mopo's spurs would be mid table. I'm pretty sure that Spurs didn't get rid of Sherwood and bring in Poch to stay still or go backwards.

I think their decision to hire Mitchell is the key decision. It probably reflects a future intend to do recruitment more intelligently and not just throw money at nearly big names.

No way - I want an Arsenal vs. Liverpool final on Gerrard's Birthday and an Arsenal win.

Not for me, let them have the prospect of Wembley pulled from under them. To see the prospect of the 3L's playing at Wembley would sicken me.

I think their decision to hire Mitchell is the key decision. It probably reflects a future intend to do recruitment more intelligently and not just throw money at nearly big names.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3029593/Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-Levy-plans-new-transfer-policy-based-resale-risks-setting-club-10-years.html

Spurs fans wont be happy with this and if it goes wrong Poch will get the blame.

entirely sensible approach, given they will have to pay for a spanking new ground. Not that spurs fans will be completely happy with it

Maybe his Uncle has told him to stop piddling his money up the wall on average but expensive players.

Lovren playing for Liverpool tonight - alongside their ref, Friend.

Sakho off with a hamstring injury to join Can and Skrtel missing, which is great news for them buggering up their League run in. As long as they can get past Blackburn I'll start enjoying their defensive player shortage later.

entirely sensible approach, given they will have to pay for a spanking new ground. Not that spurs fans will be completely happy with it

Very sensible - though the blatant copying of Arsenal probably isn't going down well there.

I see that arry redknapp is suggesting it was all against him at QPR and he had no chance.

what a **** that man is

Every bloody time he does this, switches the blame - yet the media pander to it. He is a washed up dinosaur who is no longer good enough to manage at this level, he's old skool and the game has moved on.

The amount of money he had, not just transfer fees - but wages, should have enabled him to put together a better team than he managed. It just seemed like the normal job of cobbling together a load of has-beens on huge wages, no imagination and no management really needed there.

I still believe that with the likes of Isla, Taarbat, Austin, Vargas, Phillips etc they should be doing a lot better....but he couldn't get them playing at all. They look much better under Ramsey for what it's worth.

Does anyone seriously think that Poch has met his targets? :o

His sole task was to improve on the last sacked bloke - top four minimum, ideally at the expense of Arsenal, perhaps with a good Europa League run...

How's that going for him? :lol:

Ditto Liverpool.

Their target was to win the Premier League - and to make good progress in the Champions' League.

Put aside our disappointment at missing Champions' League - both of those clubs are staring down the barrel of disastrous seasons where they have lurched backwards.

Does anyone seriously think that Poch has met his targets? :o

His sole task was to improve on the last sacked bloke - top four minimum, ideally at the expense of Arsenal, perhaps with a good Europa League run...

How's that going for him? :lol:

Ditto Liverpool.

Their target was to win the Premier League - and to make good progress in the Champions' League.

Put aside our disappointment at missing Champions' League - both of those clubs are staring down the barrel of disastrous seasons where they have lurched backwards.

A lot of the Spurs fan's still aren't sure and I think next season will be the real tester for Poch. He's kind of steadied the ship after a poor start, but they still look set to end up with a lower points tally this season than they did under Sherwood last year. I think what people will expect is a overhaul if the squad, some of the players like Soldado, Paulinho etc all moved on - and once it's fully his team, we'll see how he deals with it all.

I think it's fair to say that Harry Kane has probably saved their season this year though, and that was the same Harry Kane that Spurs fans had to beg MP to play.

And Liverpool, well those media darlings can't do wrong. Apparently if they finish 5th/6th this year and win the FA Cup it's a season of progress. Is it, really? The one lesson they should learn from this season is not to let Brendan Rogers lose with their cheque book again. In the main, bar maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, his signings have been a complete mess since he joined them.

A lot of the Spurs fan's still aren't sure and I think next season will be the real tester for Poch. He's kind of steadied the ship after a poor start, but they still look set to end up with a lower points tally this season than they did under Sherwood last year. I think what people will expect is a overhaul if the squad, some of the players like Soldado, Paulinho etc all moved on - and once it's fully his team, we'll see how he deals with it all.

I think it's fair to say that Harry Kane has probably saved their season this year though, and that was the same Harry Kane that Spurs fans had to beg MP to play.

And Liverpool, well those media darlings can't do wrong. Apparently if they finish 5th/6th this year and win the FA Cup it's a season of progress. Is it, really? The one lesson they should learn from this season is not to let Brendan Rogers lose with their cheque book again. In the main, bar maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, his signings have been a complete mess since he joined them.

the same harry kane that was deemed no where near good enough for us when we were linked with him in the summer.

the same harry kane that was deemed no where near good enough for us when we were linked with him in the summer.

To be honest, I didn't think he was as good as he's shown, his development has shocked everyone - but MP stuck with Soldado at the start of the season and Ade - and Kane was often in their 2nd string in Europe. I remember Spurs fans chanting at home games and even showing banners begging MP to play him in the league games, which he eventually did.

Time will tell if this is a serious purple patch though. Players have had patches like this before in this league and then have vanished the following season. Next season is important for Kane, Spurs and MP - that's when everyone will be looking and judging on every single result.

To be honest, I didn't think he was as good as he's shown, his development has shocked everyone - but MP stuck with Soldado at the start of the season and Ade - and Kane was often in their 2nd string in Europe. I remember Spurs fans chanting at home games and even showing banners begging MP to play him in the league games, which he eventually did.

Time will tell if this is a serious purple patch though. Players have had patches like this before in this league and then have vanished the following season. Next season is important for Kane, Spurs and MP - that's when everyone will be looking and judging on every single result.

you could say, that it has played brilliantly in his development?

Lovren got his head somewhere else? He's doing his best to get shipped out - blatent foul in the box that should have been a Newcastle penalty, and now he's just jumped onto Can's foot, trying to cripple their last remaining half-decent defender!