Defectors Watch

adrian lord

sorry last one, this guy just called Talksport crying and calling Liverpool gods on earth and he would die for Liverpool.

The last thing he mentions in that clip says it all.....''The history of the club...'' Thats it. They just live in the past. Not just the fans, but the managers, the ex-players and pundits.

We could live in the past if we wanted to, so therefore we have a god given right to finish 2nd as we did in the 80's. We have a god given right to win the FA Cup as we won it in 76.

The reality is that they have been overtaken by financial strength and past achievements mean absolutely nothing. They cannot hold on to any of their top players anymore - Alonso, Masch, Torres, Sterling, Suarez - the list goes on. And although they have decent fee's, the transfer policy over the last 6 years has been a disgrace. Downing £20m, Henderson £20m, Carrol 35m, Lovren £20m, Ballotili 16m, Adam £8m. Who the hell sanctioned those? Seriously disgusting waste of money.

I don't know what they expect really, we have a genuine glass ceiling - and so do they. They're obviously going to buy players this summer, but they're shopping 2 or 3 notches down from the big 4. They need to get it through their deluded skulls that they are has-beens. They are now just a decent Premiership team, no more, no less. But if their transfer record carries on as it is, then they could dip even further if they're not careful.

This is classic scouse:

having watched the first half and especially those 23 minutes just now (missed it live), it was a weird game. not a particularly poor performance from us, other than in our own penalty box. we did enough to go in comfortably 2 or 3 goals up with a little bit of luck and if the defence had simply not been quite so brainless. other than those defenders, i don't see how anyone can say that the players have stopped playing for rodgers - and i think the defenders were just poor, rather than lazy or not arsed.

So, they lost 6-1 because of bad luck.

Oh it's just the gift that keeps on giving. Those Rogers comments are not just biting him on the arse, they are biting him all over - twice. So funny.

Karma, karma. Couldn't have happened to a nicer club after their summer tapping up crap.

I've never known anyone in football to have so many comments come back to haunt him. He really doesn't think before he opens his mouth - remember when he said Gerrard was the best midfielder the Prem has ever seen after picking Scholes and Viera as his all time Prem midfield when at Swansea?

Finishing 5th, direct qualification for the Europa League and Pochettino ends up having the last laugh.

We'll see who's laughing if Kane and Lloris want out and they replace them with another truck load of gash. It's only the failings of Saints, Liverpool and Everton this season who've made them look good, they are no better than last years team.

Last summer we were all very selfish for not wanting Lallana and Lovren to leave for Champions League football. This photo proves they definitely aren't massive hypocrites.

2908710300000578-0-image-m-8_1432479959944.jpg

Finishing 5th, direct qualification for the Europa League and Pochettino ends up having the last laugh.

(Probably) Double wage bill for 4 extra points - 'result'. Furthermore, he's subjected to another season of a competition he's evidently allergic to. Oh, the ignominy.

Although I'm enjoying the fact Brendan is publicly being skewered, and the scousers are in usual self-pitying rage ahead of a full vigil outside of Anfield etc, lets be careful what we wish for in case of how it pans out.

Imagine if they sack Rodgers, Klopp turns them down, and they are left to pick up the pieces to replace Rodgers as we know by now how they see Southampton as a recruiting ground. Koeman might be a big enough name to try and match their egos and club history to save face. Of course I hope RK honours his contract, but can anyone resist the lure of Anfield, with all those 'special European nights' ahead ?

This photo proves they definitely aren't massive hypocrites.

Some don't appear to have evolved too far from the stone age do they ?

Perhaps the fat f6cker near the front is the role model for Eddie Yeates.*

*for the benefit of younger readers he was a fat scouse waster and layabout in Coronation St in the 1970's.

We'll see who's laughing if Kane and Lloris want out and they replace them with another truck load of gash. It's only the failings of Saints, Liverpool and Everton this season who've made them look good, they are no better than last years team.

Last summer we were all very selfish for not wanting Lallana and Lovren to leave for Champions League football. This photo proves they definitely aren't massive hypocrites.

Bloody hell, that's an extremely limited gene pool, very much the same vintage as the Neolithic Pompey slum dwellers. Bestest fans in the world, YNWA, LMFAO!

And if last summers signings hadn't already gone badly enough....

Meanwhile, 20-year-old Reds forward Divock Origi, on loan at Lille, has had the dubious honour of being named in Ligue 1's worst team of the season by French daily sports newspaper L'Equipe.

:lol:

And if last summers signings hadn't already gone badly enough....

Meanwhile, 20-year-old Reds forward Divock Origi, on loan at Lille, has had the dubious honour of being named in Ligue 1's worst team of the season by French daily sports newspaper L'Equipe.

:lol:

He looked very good at the World Cup. Certainly, wouldn't mind if we signed him.

Edited by shurlock

Doesn't surprise me actually, I've seen Liverpool on a couple of occasions and Lovren certainly gets through a lot of work in a game. 3 at the back leaves very little room for error and with a passenger like Gerrard in front of them there are always going to be some problems. Mignolet is a bad/iffy keeper as well. Liverpool have gotten it all wrong this season, mainly because of their Gerrard fixation, should have farmed him out last summer and started again. There's very little wrong with them that a decent keeper, a real DM and a striker who actually scores goals won't sort out. Toby has the great advantage of being protected most of the time by 2 players who know how to tackle, know how to take a yellow for the team when they need to and know how to hold the ball up and not put their CBs in trouble. Liverpool on the other hand are absolutely shîte at all of those things.

Edited by Window Cleaner

*How meaningless stats *can* be ;) Ultimately, a lot of those selected stats are subjective. Effective? Duel? I mean, define 'duel'. I sure as Hell don't remember seeing any pistols. At what point does something become a duel? Bah, I'm rambling.

I'd very much be interested in seeing a comparison for the stat 'Number of times an opposing player left you on your a-s-s'.

Slight change of topic, but can anyone see the sense in why clubs are taking their squads on ''end of season'' tours? They moan and moan about the lack of time to rest, and yet rather than let them have a few weeks off at the end of the season before Internationals/U21's, they take them all away to the US (Man City) or Malaysia (Tottenham) to play some meaningless friendly's.

Slight change of topic, but can anyone see the sense in why clubs are taking their squads on ''end of season'' tours? They moan and moan about the lack of time to rest, and yet rather than let them have a few weeks off at the end of the season before Internationals/U21's, they take them all away to the US (Man City) or Malaysia (Tottenham) to play some meaningless friendly's.

cashbarrow.jpg

Bournemouth have signed another, slightly younger keeper. Looks like Artur will have some competition for his place!

Hasn't Boruc been let go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk