Defectors Watch

adrian lord

We'll see who's laughing if Kane and Lloris want out and they replace them with another truck load of gash. It's only the failings of Saints, Liverpool and Everton this season who've made them look good, they are no better than last years team.

Last summer we were all very selfish for not wanting Lallana and Lovren to leave for Champions League football. This photo proves they definitely aren't massive hypocrites.

2908710300000578-0-image-m-8_1432479959944.jpg

I have no idea what the photo is about, but this fat blob made me lol

3b827b2445072338327c5ed7c212441e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Don't really want to lump Cody Cropper in with 'defectors', but haven't much choice otherwise. Here's a recent (post-Saints) interview he did for a Minnesotan sports website. I was quite surprised to see that his goalkeeping role model/idol is none other than Super Kelvin Davis, and not some global superstar like Casillas or a compatriot like Tim Howard.

http://northernpitch.com/_/minnesota-soccer-news/minnesotan-cody-cropper-a-fresh-start-in-milton-keynes-r379

Seems like a nice guy. Hope he does well and gets some game time under his belt at MK Dons.

on another note, anyone else tired already of looking on news paper websites and the BBC etc and seeing articles - it seems daily - on Gerrard over in LA?

Yes, quite agree. Part of the extended Liverpool love-in amongst the media. However, what is more insidious is the way Sterling is being rehabilitated by the same newspapers and TV stations. In essence, he behaves like a petulant, greedy little brat stamping his feet and clapping his hands until he gets what he wants (even more money that he hasn't got time enough to spend) and now he is being painted as this sweet lad who really didn't want to cause anybody any offence. Nauseating and quite troubling all at the same time.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2015/07/22/13782912/-

Lovren telling the World that he isn't solely to blame for all of the defensive lapses that he showed for Liverpool last season. It is a shame that he didn't have Clyne, Fonte, Shaw beside him, Boruc behind him and Schneiderlin / Wanyama in front of him to help him out.

A pity too for poor old Ricky, who relied a lot on the understanding that he had developed with Lallana, only for Brenda to hardly ever realise what made him tick and play the two of them together. Sad to think that he might be off to WBA, having spoilt his swan-song dream of finishing his career at Liverpool. As for Lallana, he hasn't set the world alight at Scousehampton and faces a lot of competition for his place this coming season.

Lovren telling the World that he isn't solely to blame for all of the defensive lapses that he showed for Liverpool last season. It is a shame that he didn't have Clyne, Fonte, Shaw beside him, Boruc behind him and Schneiderlin / Wanyama in front of him to help him out.

A pity too for poor old Ricky, who relied a lot on the understanding that he had developed with Lallana, only for Brenda to hardly ever realise what made him tick and play the two of them together. Sad to think that he might be off to WBA, having spoilt his swan-song dream of finishing his career at Liverpool. As for Lallana, he hasn't set the world alight at Scousehampton and faces a lot of competition for his place this coming season.

yeah, Lallana should start worrying about how much playing time he is going to get this year.

You figure there are some givens in the preferred Starting XI..

----------Minelot-------------

Clyne-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno

----Milner-----Henderson----

Firmino---Coutinho---???

--------Benteke--------------

Henderson is the captain - he starts.

the are paying Milner, Firmino and Benteke big bucks - they start.

Coutinho was supposedly their best player last year - he starts.

Leaves one slot for Sturridge, Ibe, Can, Lallana, Lucas, Allen, Origi, Markovic, Ings

"At Southampton it was different. There was a good atmosphere and I was happy."

All not well in the land of the Reds Dejan?

yeah, Lallana should start worrying about how much playing time he is going to get this year.

You figure there are some givens in the preferred Starting XI..

----------Minelot-------------

Clyne-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno

----Milner-----Henderson----

Firmino---Coutinho---???

--------Benteke--------------

Henderson is the captain - he starts.

the are paying Milner, Firmino and Benteke big bucks - they start.

Coutinho was supposedly their best player last year - he starts.

Leaves one slot for Sturridge, Ibe, Can, Lallana, Lucas, Allen, Origi, Markovic, Ings

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3170630/Liverpool-XI-Christian-Benteke-joining-Roberto-Firmino-s-Brendan-Rodgers-line-season.html

I know it's the Fail, who have included Digne in a possible starting XI even though he hasn't signed for them!!

-------------Mignolet-------------

Clyne - Skrtel - Sakho - Digne

-------------Can-------------

----- Henderson - Milner -----

- Coutinho - Benteke - Firmino -

To be honest, I can see that happening. So where does that leave Lollana, Lolvren and Lambert? Where does that leave the other players signed? I have no idea why Ings wanted to move there as it was plain to see that Liverpool would sign another striker. They are spending big and are getting a good contingent of English bench warmers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3170630/Liverpool-XI-Christian-Benteke-joining-Roberto-Firmino-s-Brendan-Rodgers-line-season.html

I know it's the Fail, who have included Digne in a possible starting XI even though he hasn't signed for them!!

To be honest, I can see that happening. So where does that leave Lollana, Lolvren and Lambert? Where does that leave the other players signed? I have no idea why Ings wanted to move there as it was plain to see that Liverpool would sign another striker. They are spending big and are getting a good contingent of English bench warmers.

Dream moves for all of them - like the recurring dream when you're falling into an abyss without a parachute! In reality the parachute will be activated in the next year or so and will be Hull, Sunderland, or WBA shaped...

"James has been brilliant, Divock has been amazing and Danny is quite quick."

High praise indeed for Ings :lol:

Tickeld me anyway..

Liverpool are obviously attempting to break into the Top 4 once again and collect some silverware en route.

These days for the Top Clubs it tends to distil down to "how good is your bench?" In that it's not [as we all know] about a First Eleven or even First Fifteen anymore, it's about who slots in and out when attempting to challenge on all 4 fronts, League, Europe, FA Cup and League Cup WITHOUT really weakening the team. The transition for likes of Lallana, Markovic, Lovren, is perhaps harder than many of us give credit for, now of course they have had a season to settle and IF they do settle and play as well as they "can", then they added to the other acquisitions means the truth of the matter is Liverpool [like it or not] will have a very strong squad indeed, one certainly capable of winning something. As for Rickie Lambert I think he'll be on his way. For he, the call came too late but it did come, and no doubt the consolation is he's made some very serious money out of it. The likelihood of him even getting a start in the League Cup would appear this side of a series of calamitous injuries fairly remote.

The caption underneath reads "Nivea - official men's grooming supplier for Liverpool Football Club"

So it is NIVEA (not Roy Hodgson) who have been grooming all of our players for LFC...

For some reason unknown to anyone, Spurs are playing 2 friendlies this week before they play at 12:45 on Saturday.

Their first friendly was a 2-0 defeat to Real Madrid. They seem a little upset on their forums. I came across this post, and then thought it sounded so similar to our days under MP.

''Giving the ball away again, **** goalkeeping, nice strike. Lots of passing, no penetration or threat.

We need more threat up front, poor Kane isolated far too much at times.''

''Giving the ball away again, **** goalkeeping, nice strike. Lots of passing, no penetration or threat.

We need more threat up front, poor Lambo isolated far too much at times.''

Turgid, predictable, slow, with the creative three doing feck all, the onus is all on our fullbacks who try too much and get caught up field, exactly the same as last season, if Poch don't try something different he is gone by xmas, I thought all our youngsters were creditable.