Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Lallana? Regularly? Him and Chambers are the two best examples of players that have left us and gone downhill I would think.

I don't know that Lallana has gone downhill, he's never fit for more than a couple of games on the trot. He always was a bit of a delicate flower and perhaps Liverpool don't know how to handle that.

From Red and White Kop forum by a moderator:

Dejan Lovren

« on: Today at 10:27:59 PM »

I hate that I feel the need to post this, but I can foresee the bloodbath of the post match topic. Lovren is a Liverpool player, and will be treated with respect on here. Any crowing, jubilation or celebration of his injury will lead to a warning / ban.

:lol:

So far you cannot say any of the recent defectors football careers has improved since leaving although we all know it is their improving bank balances that led to them leaving.

Clyne's now an England regular and Schneiderlin's a fixture in the Man U midfield. Even with my rose-tinted spectacles firmly in place, that's hardly a step backwards for them.

Clyne's now an England regular and Schneiderlin's a fixture in the Man U midfield. Even with my rose-tinted spectacles firmly in place, that's hardly a step backwards for them.

Ah but they haven't been long enough for the curse to take shape. It will start with a niggling injury, maybe a red card. Then they will be dropped and hounded by fans on forums. Then they will lose form, score an OG or give away a vital penalty.

Then comes the big injury, the sell on to a lowly side or the condemnation from the manager that they aren't good enough.

Give it time ;)

I'm pretty sure Clyne would have played for England if he had stayed at saints due to a lack of anything better.

He did play for England while a Saint as did Lambert, Lallana and JRod. Playing for Saints didn't hold anyone back and Hodgson spent plenty of time watching our matches.

He did play for England while a Saint as did Lambert, Lallana and JRod. Playing for Saints didn't hold anyone back and Hodgson spent plenty of time watching our matches.

Yep - but playing for England also elevated their status and made them more desirable for other clubs and also exposed them to playing with players who play for those clubs and earn much more.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

I see Lawrenson has described Lovern's injury as a blessing in disguise :lol:

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2015/09/mark-lawrenson-why-dejan-lovren-injury-blessing-in-disguise-for-liverpool/

Rather scathing comments as well

He had a spell of two or three good games at the start of this season and you thought ‘you know what, maybe he’s going to fine’.

“Wrong. His decision-making is absolutely awful. Awful.

“What on earth was he thinking for the goal Carlisle scored in midweek? He should have gone and closed the ball down, not least as there were two other centre-backs to cover.

“Instead he came rushing out. It’s like he had never, ever defended before in his life, let alone been a £20m international centre-back.”

Anyone one catch Beattie slouching on the Swansea bench on Saturday. Looked a disgrace and his body language did nothing to show appreciation to Garry Monk for bringing him into their coaching team. No coincidence the Swans have slumped in form since Beatts arrived.

Anyone one catch Beattie slouching on the Swansea bench on Saturday. Looked a disgrace and his body language did nothing to show appreciation to Garry Monk for bringing him into their coaching team. No coincidence the Swans have slumped in form since Beatts arrived.

You are a wonderful piece of post modern art, ART.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2015/09/mark-lawrenson-why-dejan-lovren-injury-blessing-in-disguise-for-liverpool/

He had a spell of two or three good games at the start of this season and you thought ‘you know what, maybe he’s going to fine’.

“What on earth was he thinking for the goal Carlisle scored in midweek? He should have gone and closed the ball down, not least as there were two other centre-backs to cover.

“Instead he came rushing out. It’s like he had never, ever defended before in his life, let alone been a £20m international centre-back.”

Brilliant!!

The gift that keeps on giving. :)