Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Yep - but playing for England also elevated their status and made them more desirable for other clubs and also exposed them to playing with players who play for those clubs and earn much more.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

I am not sure if that is a problem. The players must read the papers and will know what other players are earning. I am sure their agents tell them what they could be earning if they played for "bigger" clubs. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that you are better of wages wise and career wise playing for a "big" club. Cup Finals, CL football, better class of WAG - what isn't there to like? I doubt if anyone ever signed for Liverpool just because Gerrard whispered in their ear that his gaffer wanted them. If you are an actor do you want to play the local village hall or would you rather be in the West End? I don't think that tapping up or playing for your country is as big an issue as players agents. They are the real problem for clubs like ours or anyone really because there will always be a more lucrative move on the horizon for a quality player.

I am not sure if that is a problem. The players must read the papers and will know what other players are earning. I am sure their agents tell them what they could be earning if they played for "bigger" clubs. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that you are better of wages wise and career wise playing for a "big" club. Cup Finals, CL football, better class of WAG - what isn't there to like? I doubt if anyone ever signed for Liverpool just because Gerrard whispered in their ear that his gaffer wanted them. If you are an actor do you want to play the local village hall or would you rather be in the West End? I don't think that tapping up or playing for your country is as big an issue as players agents. They are the real problem for clubs like ours or anyone really because there will always be a more lucrative move on the horizon for a quality player.

That's not the point I was making - it is that the moment they play for England they are deemed to play at a level where others earn far more than them. So they see themselves as a player of that quality and consequently want to be paid that much - playing for Saints or otherwise.

Irene!!

Oh dear.

But then he does have previous form.

And there were those who were shouting from the rooftops that we should get him back.

He's a decent keeper - as he proved with his second-half save - but prone to this sort of thing.

Steck's kicking might not be of Manuel Neuer class, but at least he doesn't try to take opponents on.

Morgan on the bench too (can't play every game, of course, but it's the second time he's been benched against a top 6 side).

Why the hell would you buy the most talented midfielder in the whole of the Premier League and then start him on the brench. GGGrrrrrrr.......

Cork subbed last week and gets 5 mins today , past his prime ?

In spite of the banging on (:p) in the Jack Cork Appreciation thread, he's going to a sub/rotation player at Swansea this season, f'sure (now that they've ditched the diamond, I.e. Ki, Shelvey, Sigurdsson are ahead). That's nothing to be ashamed of, of course.

Surprised Rodgers hasn't been back to St Mary's to complain about the quality of his purchases and to ask if he can change them please. Seems he bought the wrong ones.

...there wasn't much wrong with " the quality " of them when they were with Saints.. .(even Lovren)..for a while there.

The main difference was that they were part of a team at SMS, at Anfield they are just shirt numbers he picks out of a hat before each match day. :toppa:

• 2 weeks later...

I know the defectors pain has worn off somewhat and they are slowly being resigned to the history books but I still like a good article about one of them. This one is a very nice Liverpool fans take on Adam "player of the season" Lallana

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2015/10/pocchettino-hails-lallana-unbelievable-liverpool-spurs.html

Adam Lallana: one of the most frustratingly inconsistent players in the Premier League, or bona-fide football superstar? For me, Lallana is (so far) a giant waste of money, but according to Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino, the £26m attacker is one of the best players in the league.

I know the defectors pain has worn off somewhat and they are slowly being resigned to the history books but I still like a good article about one of them. This one is a very nice Liverpool fans take on Adam "player of the season" Lallana

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2015/10/pocchettino-hails-lallana-unbelievable-liverpool-spurs.html

Adam Lallana: one of the most frustratingly inconsistent players in the Premier League, or bona-fide football superstar? For me, Lallana is (so far) a giant waste of money, but according to Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino, the £26m attacker is one of the best players in the league.

They think he should be providing 20 goals/assists a season lol

f7638160eef217c4e4bb5d2b1945aabb.jpg

Bless

“I am not sure how many games you saw like this from Adam Lallana? What do you think?” asked Klopp after the match, already knowing the answer about a £24m player who has underwhelmed since joining Liverpool in 2014.

“I know him from Southampton and he can do 20/30 per cent more,” added Klopp.

following those quotes I guess Klopp is whispering " you Lazy c unt in Adam's ear"

f7638160eef217c4e4bb5d2b1945aabb.jpg

Bless

Makes me throw up just seeing this photo. It sums up what a brown nosed, two faced fooker the guy really is. Hope someone sends a copy to Brendan to brighten his day and help teach him his poor judgement of character.

Adam Lallana: one of the most frustratingly inconsistent players in the Premier League, or bona-fide football superstar?

For me, Lallana is (so far) a giant waste of money, but according to Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino, the £26m attacker is one of the best players in the league.

LALLANA.

putting aside the sour grapes that followed his departure...... we have to admit that some of Lallana's games were a joy to watch, and in the light of a near-fading Rickie Lambert, he held the side together well in his last season. Just how much energy he expended in games where he was regularly subbed. after 60-70 mins. is impossible for us to know, although he was the only player I can recall who seem to turn up all over the pitch in critical moments....and I'm never sure if I should use the phrase " injury-prone " with care in his situation. At any rate....30 minutes of an on-form Lallana was more exciting than whatever Gaston had to offer whenever he got on the pitch.

His main problem at Liverpool is that it's not a Saints side......and despite the presence of other ex-Saints players around him, many others who made big moves before him proved that you can take your talent with you - but not your team structure / formation / organisation ....(call it what you will).

The histories of Torres (at L'pool) ....and Carroll (at Newcastle) show that goalscorers who terrorise defences in one perfect set-up, seemed to lose it when they moved on.

Now Brendan Rodgers is just history, but I will never understand how ..having bought....(argueably) Saints' best two goalscorers in the last decade, he consistantly failed to play them together. Saints were never the same when we lacked either of them in a starting line-up, and having had them both, Rodgers failed to acknowledge that.

Unless Klopp has a magic formula to improve Lallana's game, he may join the procession of players who "failed at Liverpool" when in fact it was Liverpool who failed them.

The rumours about Luke will just not go away. I reckon that the players ready to come out as gay are two former Saints Academy stars who now play for Arsenal.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/24/manchester-uniteds-luke-shaw-denies-he-is-gay-after-newspaper-claims-5460237/

More likely a different ex-Saints full back, not that it really matters, meh.

Adam Lallana gave us many enjoyable moments with his skills at St. Mary's. My only criticism was his powder puff shot on occasions.

My only criticism is the way he was a complete c*** in the way he left us - not least even mentioning Anfield as he accepted awards at the Player End of Season Event. I will never use Nivea products again ;)