Fonte pledges future to Saints

washsaint

Good man - we need committed players like FOnte. All of a sudden our future is looking much, much brighter and I have every confidence we will go into the new season with a much stronger squad depth than last year and a manager who has a PLan B.

Good lad. Nice to see some honesty

Agreed. Has his detractors (for valid reasons), but looks set to be a saints cult legend for the modern era.

I have always liked the bloke. Good to see his public persona is not hiding some asshole inside. I'm glad he is also not pretending that everything is fine or that he wasn't annoyed about the summer. He is clearly disappointed by it all but despite that is happy to sign up and see where things lead. Very good news.

If Jose stays would there be a case for him to join the banner' date=' particularly if Morgan goes, as the last remaining League 1 player still playing regularly for us in the Prem? Shove over Rickie, you walked out stylee?[/quote']

I do hope you are kidding

Surely this weakens his position by coming out and saying he wants to stay?

In the same way as it would have weakened the clubs position if we had bought before we sold. Ah you now need to get rid of X because you have already signed his replacement, I will half the bid, you need the cash......

In the same way as it would have weakened the clubs position if we had bought before we sold. Ah you now need to get rid of X because you have already signed his replacement, I will half the bid, you need the cash......

You agree a deal in principle but only after replacements have been secured...

Why couldn't he have said that at the beginning? Funny its after failed Cardiff bids etc the truth is no other club that is higher up the pecking order than saints want him, if they did he would be writing his tweets and transfer request out now, don't get me wrong he has been a great servant to the club but that's the sad truth

Why couldn't he have said that at the beginning? Funny its after failed Cardiff bids etc the truth is no other club that is higher up the pecking order than saints want him, if they did he would be writing his tweets and transfer request out now, don't get me wrong he has been a great servant to the club but that's the sad truth

Probably because he wasn't offered a new contract for months so was looking elsewhere.

Surely this weakens his position by coming out and saying he wants to stay?

Not when the Board knows he's told everyone he wants to stay and they don't make him an acceptable offer which "forces him to leave".

Yeah, this is garbage.

I you click on the Southampton departed players gallery, lower down the Mirror page it shows Morgan and Jrod too amongst the leavers! How to bend the truth to suit a story?

I liked the "Southampton Exodus" angle to the story of Osvaldo leaving on Sky Sports News yesterday, despite it being

1) A loan out, so he's still our player

2) A swap, so we have the same number of players as we had before the deal anyway

3) A player who didn't feature in the last 6 months anyway so had no impact at all on the first team in that time period.

Harry BelaFONTE.

Ever since he sung the 'Banana Boat song' at his initiation all those years ago everyone at the club knows him as Harry.

Surely you knew that...

That name is tared by association. Simply can't be used (and the first time i'ld heard it in this context.)

I'll stick to José.