Fonte

Bertrand

Wanyama

Taider

Tadic

S Davis

Ramirez

Pelle

if Schneiderlin is fit physically and mentally he'll come in for Taider. Not sure I'd blood a new centre back in this fixture although we do need one.

I think he'll go with this. But can't see Morgan ing involved.

Respectfully disagree.

I'm debating whether to watch this at ye ol' pub because every time I watch them at the pub, they lose. Ta boot, there's a larger than average Liverpool contingent that frequent said pub. Do I show up in Saints colors to defy the Liverpoopers or watch at home to avoid jinxing them? *sigh* If we lose it's probably my fault, sorry.

...never mind. Subtlety and intellectualism are lost on this forum (same goes to Enskied). But nice to read a different view anyroad.

Beats me, what in mercy's name are you talking about?

:D:D Loosen up Chas unless I'm misreading ya you seem a bit uptight there, so it's an attempt at a bit of light hearted banter, laced with empathy - nothing more, nothing less. I know it's an instant throw away society but maybe if you take your time re-reading the piece the meaning will suffuse - if it doesn't well at least I tried - to cheer up Draino who appears so despondent he's gonna turn to the booze and informs us even the silly accents [That's Scouse accents of course which he's really referring to - gerrit?] anyway even they will get him down.

Let me say this - I wish I could get in the corporate box of any Major Club come a win or defeat for my team! But you see I LOVE footy per se NOT just my team Liverpool. Hence I've posted on here because I'm empathetic to the Saint's plight and thence their cause, whereby the authorities have ALLOWED the Saints to be more or less asset stripped and thereby it constitutes IMHO an attack upon the very soul of football itself.

It is dortmund reserves

Just one or two observations on that - the greedy and rich Big clubs don't in truth have reserves as such in this era, they have a squad or the new in phrase a "group" of up to 25 quality players so they can rotate and rest players at will, sustain injuries etc. etc. and still [or attempt to] win League Titles and get ECL victories and reach the Finals - that is the modern game.

I'm not expecting anything but a loss and not to bothered about that it's not likely to be a game the defines our season. More interested in getting the team together and then picking up the points we need against the mid and lower table sides. I wouldn't be to upset if Pelle accidently injured Lovern though.........

Just one or two observations on that - the greedy and rich Big clubs don't in truth have reserves as such in this era, they have a squad or the new in phrase a "group" of up to 25 quality players so they can rotate and rest players at will, sustain injuries etc. etc. and still [or attempt to] win League Titles and get ECL victories and reach the Finals - that is the modern game.

They still have fairly clear first choice line ups and other players that are used for cover in cases of injury/tiredness/suspension etc, the phrase "reserves" might be a bit out-dated, but the point would still stand.

Koeman rates Isgrove, I'm pretty sure he'll start. Ideally I'd like to see the same team as yesterday but with Cork and Ramirez in for JWP and Isgrove, but think it's likely to be the same team. I'd also move Davis out to the right and play Ramirez in the hole to start with.

My team:

Boruc, Clyne, Maya, Fonte, Bertrand, Wanyama, Cork, Tadic, Ramirez, Davis, Pelle.

Forster, Targett, Hooiveld, Taider, JWP, Isgrove, Gallagher.

This is all assuming Schneiderlin is unavailable of course.

They still have fairly clear first choice line ups and other players that are used for cover in cases of injury/tiredness/suspension etc, the phrase "reserves" might be a bit out-dated, but the point would still stand.

Good points Sour thanks for the reply - so as for myself I'm still not entirely convinced at this point in time that the major teams have a first 11 or even a first '11 ish' - especially when you see the likes of say Real Madrid, Man City etc etc where they have £200 -250 mill of talent sitting on the bench just staring at their belly buttons. I will however reflect on your points, some more.

Yes the term 'reserves' and what it conjures up is definitely in my book yesterday's terminology though I still remain sympathetic to its use.

Leverkusen are arguably a stronger side than Liverpool. I doubt we'll win but arent too worried about losing big.

Forgive me Mein Führer but your pro-Germany sympathies it may be mooted in some circles - I vud not be one of them I hasten to add Mein Führer, however, it could be zed such sympathies are blinding you to reeality. Unless of course you vere joking Mein Führer ven everyone shall laugh and laugh and laugh at such great and pronounced vit!

Liverpool would probably comfortably navigate past Leverkusen, to be honest.

Remains to be seen. Leverkusen vied for with Bayern for the leadership of the Bundesliga for most of last season before a bad patch saw them fall away badly - and still were fourth. People seriously overrate the PL - of the 10 CL finalists over the past five years 4 have been German, three Spanish and only two from the PL.

Remains to be seen. Leverkusen vied for with Bayern for the leadership of the Bundesliga for most of last season before a bad patch saw them fall away badly - and still were fourth. People seriously overrate the PL - of the 10 CL finalists over the past five years 4 have been German, three Spanish and only two from the PL.

leverkusen better than liverpool

and people say I speak shyte

:lol:

Yet Sharp struggled to get into a Championship team and some wanted him to play up front for us. Whodathunkit?

not sure what point you are making, other than just being opposite to what i post

isgrove is a very real possible starter

sharp will never play for us again, i doubt

-----------Boruc/forster

Clyne----Fonte---New CB/Yosh----Bertrand

---Cork/Jwp/Morgan---Wanyama-----Taider

-------Ramirez-------Pelle-------Tadic-----

Really hope Morgan can play, He with Vic and Taider would make a great 3 in midfield.

Yep if we play all 15 like that we could do ok

I suspect:

Boruc

Clyne

Yoshida

Fonte

Bertrand

Wanyama

Taider

Tadic

S Davis

Ramirez

Pelle

if Schneiderlin is fit physically and mentally he'll come in for Taider. Not sure I'd blood a new centre back in this fixture although we do need one.

My apologies if already covered, i haven't checked -- but:

Ronnie has been pretty set in a 4-3-3 in pre-season, hasn't he? Assuming the way you've set out your lineup means you think we'll be 4-2-5-1 as per last season but i'm not sure that will be the case. For me, based on the Bayer Leverkusen game and the signing of Forster, it will probably be:

Forster

Clyne-Fonte-Yoshida-Bertrand

Davis - Wanyama - JWP

Gaston - Pelle - Tadic

now, unsure exactly of which exact position within that lineup will be, and gaston could swap out for taider but I reckon we can at least expect the same formation as we've seen all preseason.

Personally I'd like to see Cork in the midfield 3, probably at the expense of JWP. That said, I'd also like to see what JWP has to offer as part of the attacking 3. Time and form will tell!

-----------Boruc/forster

Clyne----Fonte---New CB/Yosh----Bertrand

---Cork/Jwp/Morgan---Wanyama-----Taider

-------Ramirez-------Pelle-------Tadic-----

Really hope Morgan can play, He with Vic and Taider would make a great 3 in midfield.

We're not going to completely drop one of our best players.

not sure what point you are making, other than just being opposite to what i post

isgrove is a very real possible starter

sharp will never play for us again, i doubt

No chance of Sharp ever playing for us again yet yesterday watching Mayuka playing he made Sharp look like a world beater:? hope we get another striker very soon

Steven Davis?

Ah, I thought you were talking about Schneiderlin. My bad!

As for my choice, it would be as such:

---------------BORUC------------------

CLYNE----FONTE----MAYA----BERTRAND

-------------WANYAMA-----------------

------DAVIS--------------JWP----------

RAMIREZ-------PELLE-------------TADIC

Subs: Forster, Targett, Hooiveld, Cork, Taider, Isgrove, Gallagher

Guess that team kind of picks itself at the moment - maybe with one or to ins over the coming weeks we'll look a bit more competitive.

Ah, I thought you were talking about Schneiderlin. My bad!

As for my choice, it would be as such:

---------------BORUC------------------

CLYNE----FONTE----MAYA----BERTRAND

-------------WANYAMA-----------------

------DAVIS--------------JWP----------

RAMIREZ-------PELLE-------------TADIC

Subs: Forster, Targett, Hooiveld, Cork, Taider, Isgrove, Gallagher

Guess that team kind of picks itself at the moment - maybe with one or to ins over the coming weeks we'll look a bit more competitive.

Although I fully expect Forster to be our number 1 keeper.

======== Boruc

Clyne = Fonte = Yoshida = Bertrand

Wanyama = Ward-Prowse

Ramirez = Davis = Tadic

======== Pelle

Think we will lose this, but rather give it a go but it could be more like this one

====== Boruc

Clyne = Fonte = Yoshida = Bertrand

Wanyama = Taider = Ward-Prowse

Davis ======= Tadic

======== Pelle

How would this fare against the scousers?

..................Boruc

Clyne = Fonte = Rojo = Bertrand

...Wanyama = Schneiderlin

Tadic = Ramirez = Belhanda

====== Hernandez

Probably ok but 3 of them aren't even Saints players and one of them is refusing to play for us, so very unlikely it would happen.

How would this fare against the scousers?

..................Boruc

Clyne = Fonte = Rojo = Bertrand

...Wanyama = Schneiderlin

Tadic = Ramirez = Belhanda

====== Hernandez

Be happy with that, solid defensively and good on the counter attack or should I now say transition.

I think Forster will be thrown straight in. Unless a top class and match fit CB is signed at the start of the week, I think there are only three positions where there is any doubt.

------------Forster

Clyne--Fonte--Yoshida--Bertrand

----------Wanyama

------Davis--------Taider

Ramirez----------------Tadic

--------------Pelle

Subs: Boruc, Stephens, Targett, JWP, Cork, Isgrove, Gallagher

That is what I'd go for assuming noone else comes in and Morgan's head doesn't return. Very short of strength in depth other than in centre midfield.