Liverpool vs Saints Build Up Thread

nta786

Koeman presser points of note

Happy to have shane long he was one of targets from the start

will decide if he plays at anfield sat morning at training

we know very good players have left, we have bought good players in

we wanted the type of striker that shane long is. happy he is here

ENglish clubs pay lots of money for players

agents knew we had a lot of money, all i care about is good players coming in for competition

very pleased with new players, club worked very hard

would like 1 or 2 more. club still working on that

morgan had a good week of training

last week he was not ready to play

he had a good weeks training, will decide tomorrow if he plays sunday

morgan is not for sale

Liverpool away is a great start, a tough one, we will have to show our qualities

we have to believe we can win and make liverpool play well if they want to beat us

liverpool have so many good players, they are much stronger than last season as a squad

I do not expect a relegation fight, no no. no way.

we lost good players but we bring in new ones. Pre season was tough but we have good players here now.

believe in the squad to have a good season

we can match 8th place, we have enough in the team. we have a strong squad

would like to have had all business done by today. Its not like that unfortunately. Not just for us but for everyone

I know nearly the full team which will play sunday.

The more he talks, the more I like him. Really please he is our manager

I was getting a little worried about the season, but the signings yesterday have certainly brightened my outlook. I'd play:

Forster

Clyne

Fonte

Yoshida

Bertrand

Wanyama

Taider

Davis

Tadic

Pelle

Long

Subs: Boruc, Targett, Gardos (if fit, otherwise Hooiveld), Cork, Ward-Prowse, Ramirez, Isgrove.

Which seems to me like a pretty good match day squad. If Schniederlin is once again "on the bus" he may even make the team. Plus looking futher into the season, when you add Rodriguez to that group, we once again look like a decent team.

If we do add any another quality CB and a back up RB before the start of the season then we could do just as well as last year, provided the team can work well as a unit right from the start.

i shall be on a family holiday on the Isle of Wight. I know we have quite a few IOW members on Saints Web.

Can anyone tell me if there's likely to be a pub showing the match on Sunday?

I'm staying in Brighstone and I have 2 sons aged 13 and 15.

We'll be on bicycles so don't want to travel too far if possible.

Cheers

Just had a 10 minute nap and woke up in a cold sweat. Had dreamed after tomorrows match we were deducted 30 points when it was discovered the club had forgotten to register all our new players. :(

Theres an art to dream interpretation.

I reckon that dream means saints to win on sunday and then to continue having an amazing season!

Top 6! Haha

The last game I was this curious about a Saints game was Poch's first game against Everton.

My big fear for this season, not yet fully voiced on here, is that Koeman and company won't deliver the goods. A victory would be a tremendous way to start the season, but we're coming up against a team that battered Dortmund in pre-season, so I'll take positives from seeing a bit of intent, a semblance of a plan or something that looks like it'll be genuinely viable on another day. I don't expect to win.

Heart says we've potentially got the element of surprise, because let's face it, this Shoushampton team is brand shpanking new.

Head thinks we're going to get a brand new spanking.

i shall be on a family holiday on the Isle of Wight. I know we have quite a few IOW members on Saints Web.

Can anyone tell me if there's likely to be a pub showing the match on Sunday?

I'm staying in Brighstone and I have 2 sons aged 13 and 15.

We'll be on bicycles so don't want to travel too far if possible.

Cheers

The pub in Brighstone is ... The Three Bishops. It's been years since I was last there and don't know if they have Sky TV - my guess would be they don't and I would think it unlikely if other pubs in the area have it, either. There isn't much local population out there in West Wight and Sky may be too expensive for local pubs.

Further afield, there will be pubs in Newport that will have it, probably the Hogshead in the High St and The Crown in Ryde High St will also be showing it.

Koeman presser points of note

Happy to have shane long he was one of targets from the start

will decide if he plays at anfield sat morning at training

we know very good players have left, we have bought good players in

we wanted the type of striker that shane long is. happy he is here

ENglish clubs pay lots of money for players

agents knew we had a lot of money, all i care about is good players coming in for competition

very pleased with new players, club worked very hard

would like 1 or 2 more. club still working on that

morgan had a good week of training

last week he was not ready to play

he had a good weeks training, will decide tomorrow if he plays sunday

morgan is not for sale

Liverpool away is a great start, a tough one, we will have to show our qualities

we have to believe we can win and make liverpool play well if they want to beat us

liverpool have so many good players, they are much stronger than last season as a squad

I do not expect a relegation fight, no no. no way.

we lost good players but we bring in new ones. Pre season was tough but we have good players here now.

believe in the squad to have a good season

we can match 8th place, we have enough in the team. we have a strong squad

would like to have had all business done by today. Its not like that unfortunately. Not just for us but for everyone

I know nearly the full team which will play sunday.

F*cking love this guy! Ron not Batman.

The pub in Brighstone is ... The Three Bishops. It's been years since I was last there and don't know if they have Sky TV - my guess would be they don't and I would think it unlikely if other pubs in the area have it, either. There isn't much local population out there in West Wight and Sky may be too expensive for local pubs.

Further afield, there will be pubs in Newport that will have it, probably the Hogshead in the High St and The Crown in Ryde High St will also be showing it.

Thanks KC!

We are going on Saturday so I'll call in to the Bishops Sat afternoon to ask if they are showing it.

Otherwise, Newport is with our cycling range so we'll try the HH. We can always ask there for other Newport pubs if they are not showing it.

Imagine this forum if we nick a 1-0 late win. Will be a massive red and white happy clappy orgy. If we get tanked it'll be mass suicide lead by Alpine.

Come on think most on the forum are if we lose away to liverpool it is par for the course. A drubbing may be hard to take mind. Any sort of result up there, though it may not signal the crazy rise to premier league domination, will rightly be celebrated as it would mean more than a lot of other games this season.

Thanks KC!

We are going on Saturday so I'll call in to the Bishops Sat afternoon to ask if they are showing it.

Otherwise, Newport is with our cycling range so we'll try the HH. We can always ask there for other Newport pubs if they are not showing it.

If the Three Bishops or the Crown in Shorwell do not have Sky Sports, and I don't think they do, closest is probably the Waverley in Carisbrooke, bit closer than the Hogs Head.

Any which show dodgy streams for non sky games? I'm on holiday on IOW next week and can't escape long enough to actually go to the Brom game in person.

Game day, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool.

2-2 draw because the red scousers always **** up first game of the season even when they won last year 1-0 against Stoke, Stoke should of won the game.

Game day, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool, **** off Liverpool.

2-2 draw because the red scousers always **** up first game of the season even when they won last year 1-0 against Stoke, Stoke should of won the game.

lmao just realised it was Sunday 10:30 pm my time not early morning Sunday.

Just can't get myself super excited for the season for some reason. Maybe it's because I now live away in the far reaches of Western Canada, or maybe I have become sullied due to the summers events of arrogant, egotistical, disloyal footballers with no grasp on reality. I just don't know. I know one thing though I really detest Liverpool and will be up at 5.30am local time on Sunday after a night out tomorrow night in the forlorn hope we can actually turn them over. This post is a bit rambly, sorry.

Just can't get myself super excited for the season for some reason. Maybe it's because I now live away in the far reaches of Western Canada, or maybe I have become sullied due to the summers events of arrogant, egotistical, disloyal footballers with no grasp on reality. I just don't know. I know one thing though I really detest Liverpool and will be up at 5.30am local time on Sunday after a night out tomorrow night in the forlorn hope we can actually turn them over. This post is a bit rambly, sorry.

Its cos there are no hockey fights, get on and support the cannucks. I think we are allowed to detest Liverpool more than Man U now and I know they have become my most hated team in the EPL.

Their predictions about us one page 1, at the beginning of last season, are rather impressive. :adore:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=309033.0

"Anyone a member of saintsweb on here? Or know any saints fans? Need a favour as im trying to get some more answers for a spyin kop"

"Sorry mate, might be best just to ask about on there and hope you don't catch too many whoppers?"

And they've certainly sussed this place out .

Lovren won't care about Liverpool any more than he cared about Southampton. To him we are all just Money Mines in a foreign land. He'd play for Newport IW FC if he could earn more than he will at Liverpool. Saints' fans should forget about him. He was here such a short time, it shouldn't be difficult.

Lovren won't care about Liverpool any more than he cared about Southampton. To him we are all just Money Mines in a foreign land. He'd play for Newport IW FC if he could earn more than he will at Liverpool. Saints' fans should forget about him. He was here such a short time, it shouldn't be difficult.

What you say is true Prof and Lovren let Saints fans down badly. However, it is worth adding that in regards to what he did, he is no different that the vast majority of footballers. As the Spurs defender Assou-Ekotto readily observed a couple of seasons ago, "we footballers are no more than mercenaries . . . . . "