Liverpool vs Saints Build Up Thread

nta786

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/15/dejan-lovren-i-never-expected-to-be-somebody

Lovren puff piece. Supposedly he was close to joining Liverpool last year (although the article makes no attempts to justify this nonsense). No mention of his antics either (or any mention of his Southampton career, really).

Fingers crossed if the Guardian or the Mail run a profile about Shane Long in the next few weeks he'll spend the whole piece talking about what a brilliant time he had at West Brom and Hull.

Does anyone know of a saints friendly pub near to anfield? :rolleyes:
You should always get a good reception in the Arkles which is very close by, the only caveat is that it will be full to bursting near match time but that creates its own atmosphere of course. If you want a more sedate "drink" try the likes of the pubs down Oakfield Road or Belmont Road or indeed try a little further afield, the likes of the Sheil Park on Sheil Road [large pub on the corner] or the Molyneux on Molyneux Road, off Sheil Road, these pubs are a 15 - 20 minute walk from the ground but you should find them far less busy and of course still within easy walking of Anfield. Most Liverpool people are extremely friendly . . . . . . quid pro quo terms.

Fingers crossed if the Guardian or the Mail run a profile about Shane Long in the next few weeks he'll spend the whole piece talking about what a brilliant time he had at West Brom and Hull.

It's called history/context, mate. It doesn't cease to exist because a player moves.

Anyone heard how this mornings training went and how and when the team are traveling up to the game? I hope there has been no cost saving on travel and accommodation costs for this season and the lads are give the chance to start the game in best condition.

Will Ron go 3-5-2? Don't know. But, if we're trying to get the best out of both of our new strikers, alongside Tadic's chance-making pedigree, then it might seem the logical route. Bertrand and Clyne would need to provide the width and pace, as well as getting themselves back sharpish; meanwhile, Big Vic as a deep-lying defensive midfielder would need to keep his shape and not wander too far forward. A Taider-Ward-Prowse central pairing may be a little meek but I doubt Morgan is match-ready to put a full shift in. Maya gets the gig until Florin is fit - probably a better bet than Jos as both give us the heebie-jeebies.

Really looking forward to it regardless. What's the worse that could happen? Last year's second-best team win convincingly at home on the first weekend of the season? No drama really; then we crank it up for the Baggies next week. Anything otherwise tomorrow would be a welcome bonus. COYR!

Forster

Fonte Yoshida

Wanyama

Clyne Bertrand

Taider Ward-Prowse

Tadic

Pelle Long

Bench: Boruc, Davis, Schneiderlin, Ramirez, Cork, Isgrove, Hooiveld

Will Ron go 3-5-2?

No...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/15/dejan-lovren-i-never-expected-to-be-somebody

Lovren puff piece. Supposedly he was close to joining Liverpool last year (although the article makes no attempts to justify this nonsense). No mention of his antics either (or any mention of his Southampton career, really).

He was heavily linked with Liverpool last summer, to be fair

My team for tomorrow:

Forster

Clyne Fonte Yoshida Bertrand

Cork Wanyama Schneiderlin

Tadic Pelle Long

Asides from Yoshida that is a pretty decent team. Need to be patient and allow them to gel over the next 5-10 games. Reckon it will be tight game but we'll probably lose. Mostly looking to take some positives from the game with West Brom being a must win.

My team for tomorrow:

Forster

Tadic Pelle Long

Asides from Yoshida that is a pretty decent team. Need to be patient and allow them to gel over the next 5-10 games. Reckon it will be tight game but we'll probably lose. Mostly looking to take some positives from the game with West Brom being a must win.

That's pretty much the team i would go for too. Love the look of that midfield.

I feel this could go back and forth forever, but Lallana doesn't exactly have the same emotional attachment to Liverpool as Lambert. Nor the physical attachment either, in the shape of a Liverpool tattoo. However, Lovren was physically attached to Anfield for quite some time..his head at least.

I feel this could go back and forth forever, but Lallana doesn't exactly have the same emotional attachment to Liverpool as Lambert. Nor the physical attachment either, in the shape of a Liverpool tattoo. However, Lovren was physically attached to Anfield for quite some time..his head at least.

I find us football fans a very fickle bunch

lambert was the first to leave and he left pretty sharpish.

just a nice letter and not saying much (even though it was all over social media before anything was announced)

is enough to make people love you and sing your name whilst you play against them...

lallana was here for years and stayed when he had chances to leave. he also kept his gob shut pretty much throughout the transfer, yet he is hated

of all the talk of chanting abuse to players, it wont really happen too much

we dont do 'rage' as a set of football fans.

not very well at all

Edited by Batman

just a nice letter and not saying much (even though it was all over social media before anything was announced)

is enough to make people love you and sing your name whilst you play against them...

lallana was here for years and stayed when he had chances to leave. he also kept his gob shut pretty much throughout the transfer, yet he is hated

not very well at all

You've got to be pretty ****ing stupid to not see the obvious differences in the way Lambert and Lallana behaved during the summer. So you're either very stupid (probably most likely) or on a wind up

My team for tomorrow:

Forster

Tadic Pelle Long

Ron will not play all three of Cork, Wanyama and Schneiderlin. That would be like having 7 defenders, no-one to link to the attacking players. More likely to be Wanyama, Davies and one of Ward-Prowse, Ramirez or Tadir.

not very well at all

Most of your anger is on here when showing your rage against the club isn't it?