Liverpool vs Saints Build Up Thread

nta786

Dortmund would be without their world cup winners though wouldn't they, if they even have any, suppose they do.

That's why it's a bit difficult to judge top German sides just now, all without key players, Bender was missing for Bayer wasn't he?

Well the same Dortmund side (10 of the 11 started) that lost 4-0 to Liverpool is currently beating Bayern 1-0. But yep difficult to judge as we don't know how what Bayern are like in terms of fitness

Well the same Dortmund side (10 of the 11 started) that lost 4-0 to Liverpool is currently beating Bayern 1-0. But yep difficult to judge as we don't know how what Bayern are like in terms of fitness

Bayern without most of their their world cup winners no doubt, and Ribery and the Dutch slap head. Not the same side at all, then again neither is Borussia no doubt. It's like the Charity Shield, The Arse without their germans and Citeh without their argentines, grade 2 game.

My first thoughts on having to wait until last Friday to get my Liverpool tickets was that the club were really not giving the fans much time to organise the trip…anyway tickets bought I have now had to call the club to find out where they are and was told they were posted Monday/Tuesday of this week….

I was told to call the club if not received by saturday and i could pick up duplicates from Anfield…I'm leaving early tomorrow for Liverpool so have ordered duplicates…:?

Will Long really start given how little time he'll have been here??? Will he even have had a single training session??

I imagine he'll have at least one session before the game. And it shouldn't be as hard for a striker with a lot of Prem experience to come straight in, unlike a CB who had never played in England before.

Id start with Cork becuase he is an excellent DM and we'll need to be strong vs Liverpool. Maybe you're right with Gaston, but we'll need some kind of threat going forward. Maybe Taider can play out wide instead or Long will be given his debut out there. Would definietly start with Boruc, however I think Koeman will go with Forster.

Id start with Cork becuase he is an excellent DM and we'll need to be strong vs Liverpool. Maybe you're right with Gaston, but we'll need some kind of threat going forward. Maybe Taider can play out wide instead or Long will be given his debut out there. Would definietly start with Boruc, however I think Koeman will go with Forster.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if Koeman went with JWP over Cork and Taider. Or even instead of Davis. I wouldn't agree with it, mind.

For me. Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Gardos, Bertrand, Taidir, Wanyama, Ramirez, Long, Tadic, Pelle. 4-2-3-1. We are supposed to be fodder for Liverpool so we might as well go for them.

Exactly the system I would play. Only changes I'd make to that team is Gardos on the bench and Davis in for Taider (though I really rate Taider)

----------Forster--------------

Clyne Fonte Gardos Bertrand

----------Wanyama----------

-----Davis------Schneiderlin

Tadic----- Pelle---------Long

Boruc, Targett, Yoshida, JWP, Taider, Ramirez, Gallagher

That doesn't look too bad, actually.

Clyne Fonte Yoshida Bertrand

Boruc, Targett, Hooiveld, JWP, Taider, Ramirez, Gallagher

...that doesn't like quite so good, but we'll be alright.

Schneiderlin isn't going to start.

For me. Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Gardos, Bertrand, Taidir, Wanyama, Ramirez, Long, Tadic, Pelle. 4-2-3-1. We are supposed to be fodder for Liverpool so we might as well go for them.

Why not just play our best team?

And that definitely includes Steven Davis.

Why not just play our best team?

And that definitely includes Steven Davis.

Not for me. A safe player but I prefer Tadic/Ramirez. Maybe Koeman rates him, we'll see who he picks. How he decides to play Long will have a big bearing on the formation.

Sorry, do people seriously think Schneiderlin is going to play?

There's been nothing about him at all for a few days, so anything could be going on. He's always turned up for training. There's no reason to rule him out or in, but I suspect we won't find out for sure until Sunday.

There's been nothing about him at all for a few days, so anything could be going on. He's always turned up for training. There's no reason to rule him out or in, but I suspect we won't find out for sure until Sunday.

There's a pretty obvious reason to rule him out, he hasn't been involved in a single minute of our pre season.

Hope the club make the players wear ear defenders when they line up for preliminaries, so they can't hear YNWA. Might be advisable to do a head count when they board the coach after the game, wouldn't want any left behind.

Anyone else think we should start with Boruc? Would give him the message to compete rather than 'thanks for everything but there's a new man in town'. Was the Ferguson way to ensure players earned their place....

BORUC

CLYNE FONTE YOSHI BERTRAND

CORK WANYAMA DAVIS

TADIC PELLE GASTON

I think this is close to the team, but I would be surprised if Taider is not somewhere in midfield with Cork coming on as an additional defender if the defence needs shoring up, probably with Gaston leaving the pitch.

Anyone else think we should start with Boruc? Would give him the message to compete rather than 'thanks for everything but there's a new man in town'. Was the Ferguson way to ensure players earned their place....
How would Forster go about earning his place on that basis?

That's true. Depending on Schneiderlin's attitude in training, I'd replace him with Cork. The bench is a bit mix'n'match, but after the summer we've had, that's still a reasonable squad, with Gardos (soon) and Rodriguez (later) to return.

Whether we take last season as a starting point, or crash back into the lowermid table swamp (and its going to be a big swamp this season) depends on Koeman as a manager.

I think Koeman will stick with his pre-season 'first eleven', except for the keeper position....

Forster

Clyne - Fonte - Yoshida - Bertrand

Davis - Wanyama - JWP

Tadic - Pelle - Isgrove

Subs: Boruc, Targett, Hooiveld, Reed, Taider, Ramirez, Long

(selection assumes Cork's and Morgan's futures at the club are still in doubt)

Edited by trousers