Liverpool vs Saints Build Up Thread

nta786

Although I still believe the club made a serious error in selling Lambert when they did, because it set the precedent that others could see themselves following, the players that have come in have the potential to make the team as good if not better, than last year. Integration is an issue, but is an issue for Liverpool as well and I would back Koeman against Rogers as the better coach. My feeling is that Koeman will try to include as much continuity in his team selection as possible while bedding players in, and for that reason I'd expect to see Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Davis and JWP in the starting 11. With Fonte and Clyne that would mean 6 of the team still being regulars from last season and not the upheaval that the pundits are expecting. If you then consider Forster as being better than Boruk, Bertrand as good as Shaw, Tadic as good, if not better, than Lallana and Pelle better than Lambert, the only weakness is Yoshida in comparison to Lovren, while standing in for Gardos. That looks promising for the future and a side capable of a result against an unsettled Liverpool team.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/500098/No-sympathy-for-Southampton-says-Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers

Read this. I hope we totally humiliate Liverpool and Brendan Rogers tomorrow. The mans a complete prat. I wish Liverpool no success - they will remain my most hated PL club for many years to come.

I don't expect sympathy. But I expect some respect. And I sense deep down we have not lost our ambition.

I hope KL reads this. I hope our owner takes offence to the insinuation of her lack of ambition by comparison to her fathers time in charge.

PLEASE DESTROY THIS TEAM TOMORROW SOUTHAMPTON

Edited by SaintRobbie

why do people still love lambert

he moved like a rat up a drain pipe to leave us.

a nice letter leaves you lot easily pleased

the end result is still the same, he plays against us tomorrow

Sort of true. At the end of the day, Lambert was keen to leave us and will be trying to score against us now. Certainly won't be booing him, but certainly won't be cheering him either.

why do people still love lambert

he moved like a rat up a drain pipe to leave us.

a nice letter leaves you lot easily pleased

the end result is still the same, he plays against us tomorrow

I'm not sure you really "get" this football malarkey

Just like he didn't have to sell Suarez.

£75 Million for a player banned for the next 4 months and 28 soon thereafter, who comes with more baggage than Heathrow Airport; who should he fall foul of the authorities again could seriously jeopardise the rest of his career, bringing his club as he has every club he has played for including his own national team into disrepute . . . . . . . . .that ain't selling!!! That's what used to be termed highway robbery.

£75 Million for a player banned for the next 4 months and 28 soon thereafter, who comes with more baggage than Heathrow Airport; who should he fall foul of the authorities again could seriously jeopardise the rest of his career, bringing his club as he has every club he has played for including his own national team into disrepute . . . . . . . . .that ain't selling!!! That's what used to be termed highway robbery.

Have Liverpool made a better job of replacing the irreplaceable than Tottenham did of replacing Bale? In any case, and no offence intended, I think your comments are disingenuous, as are Rogers'.

Have Liverpool made a better job of replacing the irreplaceable than Tottenham did of replacing Bale? In any case, and no offence intended, I think your comments are disingenuous, as are Rogers'.

Bale and Suarez are world class players, who were never going to stay with second tier clubs like Spurs and Liverpool. Similarly, if either club has a decent season in a European competition, they will be raided by the big boys in the same way that Saints have been this close season - that's the layer cake that is modern football, sometimes it's saddening, other times it's karma...

As for whether Liverpool have made a better job of replacing Suarez than Spurs did with Bale, Grafitto - time alone will tell us mate. Incidentally no one is irreplaceable and let's try not to lose our sense of humour in the melee. So anyway how can we adjudge at this moment whether Liverpool have made a better job of replacing Suarez than Spurs did with Bale since in this instance the season has yet to start!

My post may be disingenuous to you, [comedic to me] - fair enough that is just your "appreciation" of it - however, it does remain eminently factual. If any of the facts are wrong, do point them out and I'll reappraise the post.

Bale and Suarez are world class players, who were never going to stay with second tier clubs like Spurs and Liverpool. Similarly, if either club has a decent season in a European competition, they will be raided by the big boys in the same way that Saints have been this close season - that's the layer cake that is modern football, sometimes it's saddening, other times it's karma...

The post contains truth, however, perhaps just one caveat to that and again remaining factual rather than in any way emotional, Spurs as a Global Brand are not in the same league as Liverpool - far, far, from it. The latter, a team who have won 18 League Titles, 5 ECL, one of them arguably the most dramatic in European history [having contested 7 finals in total], 3 EUFA Cups their last one voted the greatest European Final ever [5-4 against Alaves] etc. etc. etc. are for those reasons concomitant with notoriety, controversy and thereby constant Global press coverage most particularly in the wake of Hillsborough and all that entailed and still entails [as the great Hollywood publicist said "all publicity is good publicity"] Liverpool FC then are indelibly stamped on the European game in particular and the world game in general - Spurs are not.

As for whether Liverpool have made a better job of replacing Suarez than Spurs did with Bale, Grafitto - time alone will tell us mate. Incidentally no one is irreplaceable and let's try not to lose our sense of humour in the melee. So anyway how can we adjudge at this moment whether Liverpool have made a better job of replacing Suarez than Spurs did with Bale since in this instance the season has yet to start!

My post may be disingenuous to you, [comedic to me] - fair enough that is just your "appreciation" of it - however, it does remain eminently factual. If any of the facts are wrong, do point them out and I'll reappraise the post.

I wasn't expecting you to answer the question. I wasn't disputing the facts. No emotion at all. We all know there's a bigger picture, as you've acknowledged subsequently.

If rogers can not see the wider impact on football as whole after the sale of the spine of our team to the big four, then he is a bigger prat than I gave him credit for.

I have commented on this state of affairs concerning the Saints in particular and football in general a number of times now, that being the case let's attempt to address matters once again. Rodgers and his ilk are mere pawn in the game, the money game, he gets it wrong and he's fired - end of. He like the other managers make acceptable sound-bites, they really have to or their peers will in essence wreck them - it's all part of the off-the-field, behind closed doors power game. The real culprits in this are the people making the money out of football, which having taken on the mantle of a global phenomena attracts greedy manipulative agents, extremely greedy footballers and to top it off owners like Americans, who know nothing about football and thereby have no love for the game but nonetheless have bought Premiership clubs. They haven't done this for charity, their health or well-being, they have invested for monetary reasons, fame, reflected glory and ultimately playing billionaire games which in the end attacks the very soul of the game itself . Southampton were asset stripped and people make no mistake have made serious money out of it, hence they endorsed and sanctioned it - in any business getting a return of some £100 Million pounds for an outlay of some £10 - 12 million is great business. The people who don't really count in all this is are the grass root match going fans. And legislation is required to ensure that what happened to Southampton does not happen again, however, my instincts tell me legislation won't be forthcoming any time soon UNLESS WE THE FANS DO SOMETHING RATHER DRASTIC, since some of the people as already intimated at Southampton [as with all the other clubs] do very nicely out of this current state of affairs - the ones that suffer are we the cheated match grass root support.

I wasn't expecting you to answer the question. I wasn't disputing the facts. No emotion at all. We all know there's a bigger picture, as you've acknowledged subsequently.

Thanks for that good sensible reply. Yes there is a bigger picture, we hope Grafitto that eventually the fans see it. It's the unpoliced use of riches that is attacking the very soul of the game - something needs to be done. I wish for example that nobody in support terms would show up at Anfield today in protest, maybe then people would START getting the message . . . . BUT I'll just dream on.

Not worrying too much about the result. The bear is probably right and rumours of a loss are likely to be true.

I just want us to nick the SuperLambBananna. As its a bit like the names of them players that left.

Go on boys, Fuxk it up. Its on Tithbarn Street. Even just a little friendly, easily removed, graffiti.

*gameface*

EDIT: I mean look at this thing. The opportunity is too good to waste no?

StupidLamboLallana;

u3ujasur.jpg

Edited by Polaroid Saint

Today we'll find out whether we have a hope in hell of picking up points from the top 6 teams. I don't care massively about result but want to see us play well and see the team starting to link up.

Liverpool 4-1 Saints, a tide of cum from the media all week over Liverpools title winning credentials and how they don't need suarez and Southampton will be condemned to relegation after one game. They will again be wrong on both accounts.

People in the industry & close to the game :( Ex-pros, pundits, managers etc :( not normally one to spread rumours but I think this one has legs :(

Like the Lallana rumours, I refuse to believe until it actually happens... Well done for being ITK though - you're way better than Guan!