Wotton is off then

Give it to Ron

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/argyle/Wotton-heading-Southampton-exit/article-568726-detail/article.html

Had a couple of good games but no surprise as hasn't really been the success I had hoped.

Another experienced player gone then.

I cant believe it.Another reason to my mind that Jan really is not fit to manage our club.

Wotton has the steel to let the youngsters develop, much like Case did for us years ago.

I cant believe it.Another reason to my mind that Jan really is not fit to manage our club.

Wotton has the steel to let the youngsters develop, much like Case did for us years ago.

A dissenting voice against what is happening on the pitch?

Just a guess and no fact but age does sometimes mean you feel qualified to offer an opinion whereas the younger kids would be too frightened to.

If its freeing up wages I am a bit concerned as for every Jack Cork we have had Pulis, Gasmi, Smith, Robertson and Pekhart

A dissenting voice against what is happening on the pitch?

Just a guess and no fact but age does sometimes mean you feel qualified to offer an opinion whereas the younger kids would be too frightened to.

If its freeing up wages I am a bit concerned as for every Jack Cork we have had Pulis, Gasmi, Smith, Robertson and Pekhart

I dont think it will be for freeing up wages as RL was here when he was signed (I think so anyway)

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/argyle/Wotton-heading-Southampton-exit/article-568726-detail/article.html

Had a couple of good games but no surprise as hasn't really been the success I had hoped.

Another experienced player gone then.

So, Jan's first signing, sorry, Hockaday's first recommendation, and given a 3 year deal!!! is now surplus to requirements less than half a season in. Quel surprise.

I did have quite a tete-a-tete right at the start of the season with one of the Nicks on here about who's signing was Wotton etc. etc., and that when you are skint you need to be particularly careful who you sign, and for how long.

The whole of the club's management is being shown up as incapable.

Someone mentioned the posability of him going to ease the wage bill earlier and I was thinking.

Just him leaving and as someone already said, it wont make much of a difference because Lowe signed him and he is probably on peanuts compared to the high earners. But if he is going along with Pekhart, Robertson, Smith and possibly 1 or 2 others and half as many come back or come in on loan then collectivly the wage bill would have been eased.

not sure how much it would hlp but it seems we are at the stage of trying to save every penny so it might make a difference. ???

So, Jan's first signing, sorry, Hockaday's first recommendation, and given a 3 year deal!!! is now surplus to requirements less than half a season in. Quel surprise.

I did have quite a tete-a-tete right at the start of the season with one of the Nicks on here about who's signing was Wotton etc. etc., and that when you are skint you need to be particularly careful who you sign, and for how long.

The whole of the club's management is being shown up as incapable.

It wasnt me

Losing more of our first team squad is just what we need. When Pearce and Cork go back and we loan off Wotton we will have just Perry and Lancashire fit who can play centre back.

He's not the best player but we need some sort of squad, we're going to have one of the smallest squads in the league if all the loans go back and Wotton, Lallana and Surman are all moved on.

Wotton may not be the greatest player to wear the shirt but there are many loanees who should be returned before him IMO.

Bit of a shame.

He's not a loanee, that's the point. A loanee is crap, you get shot of him when

his loan is up. A signed player is crap, not so easy, if you can get rid of him make hay whilst the sun shines, otherwise you have a whole load of dross getting paid for a long,long time.At least we've learnt our lesson there.

He's not a loanee, that's the point. A loanee is crap, you get shot of him when

his loan is up. A signed player is crap, not so easy, if you can get rid of him make hay whilst the sun shines, otherwise you have a whole load of dross getting paid for a long,long time.At least we've learnt our lesson there.

Great, so we loan him out, he does sh*t in League One, and then even less people want to take him on. :smt012

absolutely terriffic news, not only has JP recognised that he is poor but we have also found a buyer/suiter. Wotton is a very poor player IMO and never good enough for ths level. Onwards and upwards.

But as has been pointed out he was acquired during the tenure of JP and his team and given a 3 year contract by the one RL. Not a great endorsement of the new set up is it.

But as has been pointed out he was acquired during the tenure of JP and his team and given a 3 year contract by the one RL. Not a great endorsement of the new set up is it.

you are right, although I'd be surprised if JP had even seen Wotton play. Whoever did scout him needs the sack IMO, he is way below the standard required in the CCC.

I'm not endorsing the current set up by the way, I am just pleased that they can see what I can see - Wotton is a League 1 player at best.

you are right, although I'd be surprised if JP had even seen Wotton play. Whoever did scout him needs the sack IMO, he is way below the standard required in the CCC.

I'm not endorsing the current set up by the way, I am just pleased that they can see what I can see - Wotton is a League 1 player at best.

Perfect scenario this.....loan him out to a league one team

and when we join said team next season in league one he will fit back in perfectly.

Thought he could play at centre half ?

With Killer injured, Pearce possibly going back and Lancashire the slowest centre half i have ever seen for someone of his age would it not have been prudent to keep him as cover, esp being experienced, and with Rudi supposedly off in January there goes another experienced player in the area you need it most, defence.

Incredible, what a circus.

Thought he could play at centre half ?

With Killer injured, Pearce possibly going back and Lancashire the slowest centre half i have ever seen for someone of his age would it not have been prudent to keep him as cover, esp being experienced, and with Rudi supposedly off in January there goes another experienced player in the area you need it most, defence.

Incredible, what a circus.

You obviously never saw Paul Bennett then. Paul (a school colleague of mine)

did a fantastic job on some of the country's best attacking players of the time.

Lancashire not so much (at the moment).Perhaps the forwards are just getting better and better though.

Strange though in those days nearly every fan of the club (common or garden terrace fans that is) had been to school with (or their kids had)

at least one of our first team players. They came from Tauntons,St Marys,Barton Peverill, St Johns Gosport, Brockenhurst Grammar. Most had seen them play (or played against them) at Hampshire Schools Sixes on the

Sports Centre;No-one considered them too young or too inexperienced,football was like that. Nowadays if they don't cost 45 million and start playing at 48 years old they're considered young and inexperienced.

I am partly pleased that we have got rid of an uber-average player, but at the same time p*ssed off that it's another experienced head gone and he will probably be replaced by some teenage wannabe from Tranmere reserves.

Agree with CEC. We really might aswell have just kept Jermaine Wright.

Originally Posted by The Godfather viewpost.gif

I heard over the weekend that Wotton & Portaloo had a blazing row and thats why wottons off somewhere else in January.

If that's true then it's really sad that an experienced pro cannot speak out when things are obviously shiite.

wtf has that got to do with the price of fish? We have all seen him play and we all hoped he would have been a lot better than what has been served up.

I am sure he is not happy at the amount of games he is getting, but these things happen.

Or are you trying to say he should have started a lot more often?

I am partly pleased that we have got rid of an uber-average player, but at the same time p*ssed off that it's another experienced head gone and he will probably be replaced by some teenage wannabe from Tranmere reserves.

Don`t worry chief scout Michael Wilde will have spotted another "gem" from

the channel islands no doubt...

I know you were being sarcastic, but I really don't understand why we let Wright go only for Wotton to come in. Wright played well last season at right back and is a much better footballer. I guess Wright must have been on £5k+ whilst Wotton will have been on less than £5k

I know you were being sarcastic, but I really don't understand why we let Wright go only for Wotton to come in. Wright played well last season at right back and is a much better footballer. I guess Wright must have been on £5k+ whilst Wotton will have been on less than £5k

Wright didn't want to stay,well not on a 1 year contract anyway.

Can't see Wotton being on high wages. I thought part of the deal for him coming here was that we gave him a log contract in return for low wages.

Apparently Wright was offered a 1 year deal but turned it down. I know we could argue about JW until the cows come home, so we'll agree to disagree, however of all the players who left in summer, he isn't on the list of players I'd want back.