General Election 2015

trousers

Looks good, as you were then. Ed is going to struggle to keep his job, I wonder who the unions will cost next? What happens to Clegg? Awful result but might still be deputy.

(Assuming that exit poll is as accurate as suggested!)

Very depressing that such a negative campaign has brought about these sort of results

I asked the question last week of people who may live in marginal, target constituencies - how has the campaigning been there? Could be very different to the national campaigning that the majority are aware of which has possibly aimed more at bringing out the core vote rather than changing people's minds as it may have been in marginals.

The opinion polls were miles out if this exit poll is right

It's strange - yesterday's Guardian ICM poll talked about a boat load of caveats about shy Tories and higher turnout for Conservative voters etc etc and still had them neck and neck.

Having read the article I linked earlier, I trust the exit poll. Unlike Paddy Ashdown. Who will be followed around by a Sun reporter with hat and a knife and fork for the next three days.

Looks good, as you were then. Ed is going to struggle to keep his job, I wonder who the unions will cost next? What happens to Clegg? Awful result but might still be deputy.

(Assuming that exit poll is as accurate as suggested!)

Does ten seats justify getting deputy leader?

Hey Shurlock, check it out. Gus ODonnell on Sky making predictions about what might happen if the exit polls are correct.

Or was he? Lulz.

You still don't know the difference, bless you. Crawl back in your hole of mediocrity, it's all a bit too big for you.

How does the YouGov exit poll differ from Sky/BBC etc? Surely they both speak to people after they've voted?

People that use YouGov are generally a slightly older demographic, I would give that less weight than the media one as it's slightly skewed. For example, you can get a sense of the YouGov demographic when you refer back to their research of the "typical Southampton FC supporter" tripe.

You Gov - CON 284 MPs, LAB 263, LIBS 31, SNP 48, UKIP 2, PLAID 3, GREEN 1

Lablibsmp? Still not enough.

I still think it is going to be hard for any one party to form a government with help of others, to reach the magic mark. Back in December?

Edited by Dr Who?

Remind me where the Lib Dems stand on English votes on English matters or where they might be if they have zero MPs in Scotland?

With such a huge number of SNP MPs it'd be very much in the Tories interest to get such rules passed as soon as absolutey possible.

Remind me where the Lib Dems stand on English votes on English matters or where they might be if they have zero MPs in Scotland?

With such a huge number of SNP MPs it'd be very much in the Tories interest to get such rules passed as soon as absolutey possible.

It hurts to read that!

David Miliband on his way back? Should have been him all along...

I doubt it. There was a lot of suspicion about David Miliband within the party in 2010 because of his attempts as foreign secretary to cover up and (in the words of Jon Snow) 'nobble the judges' over the extraordinary rendition and torture of British citizens, and the use of Diego Garcia as a transit point for CIA torture flights. With the Chilcot Inquiry still to report, none of those suspicions have gone away. In his association with all this, he remains a model Blairite, for which few are prepared to forgive him just yet.