Arsenal Match Thread

Mr X

Poor defending - 3 men going for the same ball leaving 2 free men at the back post unmarked.

As much as I like them, Yoshida and Fonte need to be replaced as they have gone as far as they can. Thankfully we have a very, very good goalkeeper othewise this game would have been dead and buried about 20 minutes ago

wow. just wow. there was me all confident with man u game, now all these injuries. so underserving its ridiculous. i wanna cry lol :(

that really is football.

if pelle had scored....

if long had scored....

if alderweireld was still on...

if schneiderlin played today... *sigh*

It's almost like there is this dark side of football, where the small clubs have to had a tough Christmas fixture list and suddenly all their players get injured.

So infuriating.

Foster MOM, i think we lack big game bottle. We never take the game to tough opponents our problem is we're almost a bit too defensive at times and fearful. It shows in the end, only one real chance for Pelle.

We're good at the back but our interplay is too slow and cumbersome in the final third we rely far too much on full backs for crosses and don't support Pelle enough in the box. I think Koeman needs to try something different to utilise some of our 'faster' players.

What can you do? You can have a squad, but when you lose as many players as we are right now, anyone will struggle.

God knows how long Toby and Cork will be out for, but we're in a bit of a mess at the moment. To lose that is devastating really, that will hit our confidence a bit, as we didn't deserve that.

Thought we played well away from home. Very unlucky with the injuries which IMO meant we lost.

Yea, this. You can't budget for losing 3 players in a game due to injury. Horrible to lose it so late but it's no reflection on the team who were every bit Arsenal's equal until that point.

Not ****ing impressed with that.

The defensive record speaks (spoke for itself) why did Koeman change both the defence and midfield in the last two games.

Have you actually watched these games? Have you seen what limited options we have on the bench?

In no way can Koeman's substitutions be blamed for either of these defeats. In all cases they were a result of an injury rather than tactical. We were already a bit lightweight on the bench, now after Arsenal kicking lumps mout of us all night we've lost another 3 players tonight. Gonna be playing kids from the Academy against Man U at this rate.

Bad luck with injuries finally arriving to scupper what has been a great start. Losing Cork was a blow but losing our best defender too(leaving us with 10 men was gutting). A really gutsy display tonight by Saints, much better than sunday imo. Deserved a point but sadly jammy Arsenal sneak a win. Worried about Monday as the injuries mount. Thought Pelle played well but in the scheme of things he's got to be taking those golden chances against the likes of Arsenal if we are to compete.

just like City, Arsenal were there for the taking, and a mix of injuries, pathetic refereeing and horrible performances from Tadic, Pelle and Mane mean we lose again.

Glad Toby was so happy to surrender when we'd already made 3 subs, too.

You would have preferred he stayed on and made his injury a lot worse would you?

Jeez - what is going on in here tonight? We ran sh*t out of luck tonight with injuries and horrendously biased refereeing. Up until about 80 mins we were looking really good value for a point IMO.

Have you actually watched these games? Have you seen what limited options we have on the bench?

In no way can Koeman's substitutions be blamed for either of these defeats. In all cases they were a result of an injury rather than tactical. We were already a bit lightweight on the bench, now after Arsenal kicking lumps mout of us all night we've lost another 3 players tonight. Gonna be playing kids from the Academy against Man U at this rate.

There are options. I personally think we could have brought on Reed in both last 2 games (he could have swapped with Steve Davis). For Morgan Sunday and Cork today. As Monk says it would not have disrupted the best defence in the league.

That said, going down to ten did us tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk