Crystal Palace Build Up Thread

St Chalet

I would certainly have Davis if fit. The midfield doesn't click in the same way without him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see either Wanyama or Morgan kept fresh for Chelsea. We can rotate with Reed and Ward-Prowse solid options.

Good point that. Can we manage this game, whilst keeping either one of Wanyama or Schneiderlin on the bench? So a Midfield three of one of those two, Davis and JWP, with Long, Tadic and Pelle up front.

Good point that. Can we manage this game, whilst keeping either one of Wanyama or Schneiderlin on the bench? So a Midfield three of one of those two, Davis and JWP, with Long, Tadic and Pelle up front.

Would prefer to play our strongest team for the Palace game, more likely to get 3 points from that. Play a weakened team and you never know what will happen that might affect the next game.

I would go Forster, Clyne, Alderweireld, Yoshida, Bertrand, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Davis (Capt), Tadic, Pelle, Long.

Would prefer to play our strongest team for the Palace game, more likely to get 3 points from that. Play a weakened team and you never know what will happen that might affect the next game.

I would go Forster, Clyne, Alderweireld, Yoshida, Bertrand, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Davis (Capt), Tadic, Pelle, Long.

But it's not as straight forward as strongest team v weaker team. Palace game we may need more attacking creativity, Chelsea game we may see less of the ball and need greater defensive bodies across midfield. Across the Palace, Chelsea and Arsenal game, somthing is going to have to give at some point, it will be interesting to see how Koeman plays it.

But it's not as straight forward as strongest team v weaker team. Palace game we may need more attacking creativity, Chelsea game we may see less of the ball and need greater defensive bodies across midfield. Across the Palace, Chelsea and Arsenal game, somthing is going to have to give at some point, it will be interesting to see how Koeman plays it.

Re the Chelsea match, we should not be too defensive in midfield. Stoke tried Cameron in there last night, big and strong yes, but not very creative. Once they replaced him with the much better passer / positive Adam they looked much improved

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman: "My mind is on preparing well for Friday's game. I don't think about the @chelseafc game - I can't prepare for two games." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman: "Maybe I can't start with the same team from Friday on Sunday. We will see that on Saturday." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman: "My mind is on preparing well for Friday's game. I don't think about the @chelseafc game - I can't prepare for two games." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman: "Maybe I can't start with the same team from Friday on Sunday. We will see that on Saturday." #saintsfc

I was sure that it was mentioned by Reed or someone when there was the opening of the training ground that we prepare for the next three games. Maybe that's behind the scenes preparations by the other coaches watching the rivals etc.

I was sure that it was mentioned by Reed or someone when there was the opening of the training ground that we prepare for the next three games. Maybe that's behind the scenes preparations by the other coaches watching the rivals etc.

I suspect it was a thinly veiled Koeman dig at the Premier League for the "crazy" Christmas fixture list.

I was at the training ground opening, and Jordan Sibley told us that they prep about 4 games in advance. That is in reference to the analysts and technical team compiling footage and notes, etc.

phwoar

Bit worried it might be quite a damp pitch once The Crystals have got a look at Pelle. Not good for our passing game :(

Palace 3-1 Saints

Our pitch squirts regularly before the game and at half time so it shouldn't be a problem. We should be more concerned that this may have recently been outlawed by amendment to the 2003 Communications Act.

The greatest pundit in the world has spoken: Paul Merson.

'Southampton will feel much better after the Everton result but this will be a tough game for them at Selhurst Park. Crystal Palace are a side that always seem to play well but never win!

They never seem to put in a bad display but can’t get over the line. I worry about teams like that, so I’m going for a 1-1 draw.'

....right, Paul...

This is Lawro's as well if anyone gives a f**k.

Southampton were missing a few players against Everton last weekend and still rolled them over. That was a big result for Saints and it arrested their slide.

Crystal Palace competed well early on against Manchester City, but ended up being well beaten.

I get the impression with Palace that, if they score first, they can give teams a decent game. If they concede first, it is a real problem to them.

I am pretty certain Eagles boss Neil Warnock will look to bring a few new players in when the January transfer window opens.

Warnock knows they are in a relegation fight and he also knows what they need to stay up. They are not under-achieving by being fourth bottom and, if they are still there at the end of the season, then it is happy days for them.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Guy Mowbray's prediction: 1-1. "Could have tossed a coin with this one, so will go for the middle option. Palace to score first."

This is Lawro's as well if anyone gives a f**k.

Southampton were missing a few players against Everton last weekend and still rolled them over. That was a big result for Saints and it arrested their slide.

Crystal Palace competed well early on against Manchester City, but ended up being well beaten.

I get the impression with Palace that, if they score first, they can give teams a decent game. If they concede first, it is a real problem to them.

I am pretty certain Eagles boss Neil Warnock will look to bring a few new players in when the January transfer window opens.

Warnock knows they are in a relegation fight and he also knows what they need to stay up. They are not under-achieving by being fourth bottom and, if they are still there at the end of the season, then it is happy days for them.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Guy Mowbray's prediction: 1-1. "Could have tossed a coin with this one, so will go for the middle option. Palace to score first."

Another one of Lawro's predictions that completely ignores the analysis. Also why when analysing a game before the transfer window opens does he waste most of his words talking about what might happen after, how is that relevant. He really is a bit of a retard (with apologies to retards).

Be interesting to see what side Koeman puts out for this one after the shadow x11 did so well against Everton. Hopefully we have seen the back of Mayuka for good after he wasn't named on the subs bench last week, Much rather see what Seager can do, rather than clown prince Mayuka's total ineptitude.

Be interesting to see what side Koeman puts out for this one after the shadow x11 did so well against Everton. Hopefully we have seen the back of Mayuka for good after he wasn't named on the subs bench last week, Much rather see what Seager can do, rather than clown prince Mayuka's total ineptitude.

Completely with you re Seager. Dont want to heap pressure on him because as a striker it will tough to make the jump, but a few 5 min run outs can only be an improvement on Mayuseless

The Telegraph says we have never lost to Palace in the Premier league which means we are in for a fall put your money on an Eagles win ladies and gents.

Razor blades will be available only after 18:00 hrs due to (Warnock) (Fergie) (Moyes) (Rogers) ( Wenger) time being used to allow them to stay out the bottom three.

NB edit as required.

Stat of the game: Crystal Palace have lost their last five league games against Southampton, without scoring.

Tom Prentki's prediction: 1-2

Another pundit without a clue

What is it with these people produce stats thengo directly against themit couldonlybe 0-2

You mean another pundit who's a lifelong saints fan, grew up in the city and had been going for years?