Post-Match Reaction: SAINTS 1-1 Ipswich Town

Saint-Armstrong

Man of the Match v Ipswich Town  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match v Ipswich Town

You'll be in the home end cheering on Ipswich so what does it matter?

Give it a rest, now we've got the replay I want us to go through, I just didn't want the replay in the sodding first place, especially considering we're gonna be up and down the country 3 times in less than a week now.

It's a winnable replay in a prestigious cup that is very much worth winning.

Using the "I'd rather go out than go to a replay" logic, what's the point of even trying to qualify for Europe, because that really will be fixture congestion?

If we want a successful club, this is the kind of thing that goes with it. We might as well start getting used to it.

Pretty poor from Saints: Dave Merrington, I think, had it spot on that we don't threaten enough when Pelle is the lone front man. Look how good Saints have been with Mane off Pelle: we'll miss him for sure.

We just don't create enough with just Pelle up front - and not convinced Long is the answer to anything, despite how hard he works.

Really hope we try and get another proven striker in during the window.

Give it a rest, now we've got the replay I want us to go through, I just didn't want the replay in the sodding first place, especially considering we're gonna be up and down the country 3 times in less than a week now.

Doubt it - we'll probably stay up north again, if not for the whole week for one set of fixtures. It's really not worth worrying about IMO - if we want to play in Europe we'll have to get used to travelling a fair bit between weekend fixtures.

Ipswich are playing well and it was a tough game - we were the better side but didn't convert chances to show for it so we'll just have to go and do it up there.

Sounded like a mix of Ipswich playing for the draw and nobody wanting to make forward runs to support Pelle in the middle meant we were ineffective. But that's just from listening to Solent, hopefully someone at the game cvan explain with detail what happened.

Pretty poor from Saints: Dave Merrington, I think, had it spot on that we don't threaten enough when Pelle is the lone front man. Look how good Saints have been with Mane off Pelle: we'll miss him for sure.

Sorry but this is clearly ******** - we've won plenty of games with Pelle as the 'lone' striker... the key is how well supported he is by the 3 behind him.

Now I'm really confused, you want us to win a game you didn't even want us to have, hoping we'd lose sow we didn't have to have it. Odd.

Sounded like a mix of Ipswich playing for the draw and nobody wanting to make forward runs to support Pelle in the middle meant we were ineffective. But that's just from listening to Solent, hopefully someone at the game cvan explain with detail what happened.

Why would Ipswich want a draw ? They have sights on promotion.

Well we can't blame the result on the match being on TV although if anyone had to listen to Merrington thy wouldn't be far wrong. Why doesn't Koeman keep his mouth shut and leave it to the players to do the talking. Almost identical to what he had to say pre match prior to our slump. And Scheiderlin may have scored, but once again, his presence in the line up doesn't see us getting a result.

Just back from the game.

Thought we were poor for the first half hour. JWP, playing at right wing back, struggled with his positioning and lacks the pace to play there imho. Cost us the goal. To be fair, in the second half he had obviously been told to push much further forward and there was a huge improvement.

I thought Fonte and Gardos both had solid games and Bertrand did well too.

For me, the first half hour was the poorest I have seen Morgan play. He looked disinterested. After about half an hour he made a good run in behind their left back and that seemed to kick start his game. It needed it.

Tadic had a quiet night and it was noticeable that when he was replaced by Isgrove there was suddenly much more impetus to our play. I thought Isgrove was one of the bright points of a pretty dismal show really. He showed pace, tenacity and a hunger to receive the ball that most of our play otherwise lacked.

MOTM : Big Vic. Again. Best player on the park by some distance this evening.

Davis also had a much better game than he has of late. Some lovely turns and touches in the second half.

Pelle had a mare. Would have been better off resting him. And I'm not one to have a go normally.

Long did ok, put in a lot of work running the channels and threatened to get behind their defence on occasion, but there was a distinct lack of clear chances. Easy to big up the absentees but I think Mane would have had a field day.

Generally, we were not good enough in the final third and too ponderous getting there. Ipswich were there for the taking at the back and we didn't create enough to take advantage of it.

A quick word about the ref:

Sh*te. Again.

If we play anywhere near our best in the replay we should beat them comfortably.

Well we can't blame the result on the match being on TV although if anyone had to listen to Merrington thy wouldn't be far wrong. Why doesn't Koeman keep his mouth shut and leave it to the players to do the talking. Almost identical to what he had to say pre match prior to our slump. And Scheiderlin may have scored, but once again, his presence in the line up doesn't see us getting a result.

:lol: