Goalkeeper Situation

Saint Charlie

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6384200/Fraser-needs-Forst-aid.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011264/Fraser-Forster-ruled-rest-season-breaking-knee-cap-Southampton-s-win-Burnley.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Possible broken kneecap and 6 months out...

Pretty sure we would have been in for a no 2 keeper anyway but with early Europa action likely I would imagine its a dead cert now.

Edited by Saint Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
BBC gossip page says the Sun are reporting we are trying to sign Cech on loan this season. Can't read the article online without a subscription, anyone shed any light on it?

Surely more likely to mean as of next season? Pretty sure we can't loan a GK this year as we have 3 here already. If it's talking about next season even less chance really as I'm sure I've read Arsenal want him on a perms am deal this summer.

Surely a no-go?

Given that we have Davis, Paulo and Cropper, I cannot see how the PL will even allow it. Also given the fact that Chelsea, given how tight it is at the top, would be a little silly to weaken their squad in any way right now.

Emergency loan has gone into the Premier League for a one month loan of Cech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just cannot see how it would be allowed, or how Chelsea would even agree to it. Seems too big a gamble for something that won't really make a huge difference to us in the grand scheme of things. If we're lining it up for next season, I can totally understand - but still I'd say it would be incredibly unlikely.

I just cannot see how it would be allowed, or how Chelsea would even agree to it. Seems too big a gamble for something that won't really make a huge difference to us in the grand scheme of things. If we're lining it up for next season, I can totally understand - but still I'd say it would be incredibly unlikely.

In fact the PL might even require us to explain why we waste their money on paying 3 unusable keepers:blush:

Newcastle had keeper crisis earlier on in the season and they used their 3rd or 4th choice keeper, no doubt we'll be told to do the same.

In fact the PL might even require us to explain why we waste their money on paying 3 unusable keepers:blush:

Newcastle had keeper crisis earlier on in the season and they used their 3rd or 4th choice keeper, no doubt we'll be told to do the same.

If you don't ask you don't get.

This appears to be codswallop written by football people. To be honest Kelvin is not really the problem. He is a great shot stopper, but fortunately his weaknesses are not being exposed too much by our superb defensive 6. I goal conceded in 2 games. Just such a shame about those up front.

I must confess I was thinking that a season long loan would suit all parties for next season. Cech gets game time he is craving, Chelsea wouldn't want him going to a rival and we need a genuine #1 for a season.

Would be superb if we could get him for the remainder of this season.

Edited by St Chalet

exactly! i think we have become an exciting prospect for young players wanting to make a name, and old timers looking for a last addition to their legacy, realise rules might prevent this now......but.......these are good times COYS!!

even neutral fans are now getting behind us! we were dead and buried at the start of the season in most peoples eyes, ok our lack of depth is probably now showing,but why wouldn't good players want to come here? we have given the biggest FU to the premier league i have ever seen! only the dons winning the fa cup is on par!