SAINTS v Aston Villa build up thread

Coxford_lou

A must win going into City away. Lose and we risk finishing 1 point better than last year.

Villa are playing well but were hanging on against West Ham second half. Expect them to play with pace on the counter like Palace in the FA cup.

Pelle needs to pull his finger out and Davis back on goal. Would drop Elia for one of the youngsters but doubt that'll happen.

Thanks Lou for the thread. May it bring some luck!

Do we get Gazz again? Will Koeman try Cropper? Elia gets another start?

Hopefully, we get a new look....

-------------Davis

------Toby--Fonte--Yoshida

Clyne--------Vic---------Bertrand

-------------JWP

Djuricic---Gallagher----Mane

Cropper, Gardos, Targett, Reed, Davis, Long, Seager

From this formation, Toby can move to holding mid if needed (and without subbing). Pelle needs a break from standing still and pointing. Djuricic needs 90 minutes. One last try....before wasting good money on him. Gallagher will add a spark. It might be wise to get Seager in for the last 30 minutes. I'm hoping JWP has a great game and spreads the balls around......maybe even score himself. If we get a loss.......We may see a lot of "swan songs" against City (Gazz, Gardos, Clyne, Morgan, Elia, Djuricic, Toby).

last time I watched saints villa was the year we got relegated, 2-0 up at half time to only go and lose 3-2 I think it was that result that made everyone realise we're going down. Fingers crossed for all three points, will be tough they're in form and we're on our summer break

Davis

Clyne

Fonte

Toby

Bertrand

Wanyama

Reed

Djuricic

Mane

Long

Gallagher

pelle needs dropping ffs. Reed showed he is a good player (we all knew that really) and should keep his place

Those 3 up front would offera great deal more movement across their whole defence than a very static, useless pelle

Edited by Batman

Davis

Clyne

Fonte

Toby

Bertrand

Wanyama

Reed

Djuricic

Mane

Long

Gallagher

pelle needs dropping ffs. Reed showed he is a good player (we all knew that really) and should keep his place

Those 3 up front would offera great deal more movement across their whole defence than a very static, useless pelle

Yep, the guy who scored two of our last 3 goals

Koeman has already said Gazza will start on Saturday. JWP and Morgan both back. Think we are messing about with attacking midfielders so I'd go for minimal change

Gazza

Clyne Toby Fonte Bertrand

Morgan Wanyama

Elia Davis Mane

Pelle

Long to replace Mane as he tires second half. Likewise Djuricic for Elia

Why are some people so sure Morgan is back by the way? Koeman said he could be available for the City game, but there is a small chance of a surprise that he could feature against Villa. If he is somehow available for Saturday, he'd only be on the bench I'm sure.

Drop pelle drop pelle drop pelle

just like people said before the hull and Spurs games. Hmmmm. So a player is rubbish away from home consistently, and the solution is to drop him for a home game?

No. He'll probably go and score, more chance than anyone else. Don't get the contempt for some of our permanent players on here. Pelle has done what he was brought in to do. He's not brilliant but gets a few goals in a side that doesn't create enough.

Delldays seems to really despise him, yet if the season had been the otheir way round in results, he'd think he was brilliant. Bizarre mentality on here. It's a team game, we're a team in poor form. The endless changes haven't helped us, yet some of you want more. I mean to suggest Djuricic warrants a start and Pelle doesn't? Jesus.

I want to see someone else get a run. pelle has had enough. If he scores, great, but I believe others will do to

I actually believe his all round game is shocking and contributes greatly to our lack of anything up front

There is still something to play for, so I'm not suggesting we should pack it up for the season..........Pelle needs a break, because he never gets one. I believe everyone knows what to expect from him. Giving an unproven player a shot is needed. Is Gallagher or Seager ready for a bigger role? Djuricic and Elia have the most to prove as they are likely on their way out of the team. Does Gardos get a chance to prove himself? He is the same age as Yoshida, so youth isn't his free pass. JWP needs to be featured. Most on here thinks he isn't worth the hype (I think he is a god player who needs to pushed into a more prominent role). If we have the world fooled about our (supposed) young star, showcase him and sell him for a crazy amount of money.

I'd use the last two games to see if one or two players are up to it. Reed should play both IMO, so should Gazzaniga and Djuricic. Long up front in his natural position and let's see how he does. I have a feeling he would surprise a few people

Fed up of seeing Pelle up front EVERY game and Davis in an attacking position EVERY game regardless of who we're playing

I'd use the last two games to see if one or two players are up to it. Reed should play both IMO, so should Gazzaniga and Djuricic. Long up front in his natural position and let's see how he does. I have a feeling he would surprise a few people

Fed up of seeing Pelle up front EVERY game and Davis in an attacking position EVERY game regardless of who we're playing

In his natural position Long has never done anything other than score 6-8 goals a season. He played up front at Sheff Utd and we were awful.

Will have to play an awful lot better and actually but in a passionate performance to beat a pretty vibrant villa side. With Gazza in goal we will realistically concede and given our paucity of attacking threat I can't see anything other than a defeat here. Only thing which might change it is if villa rest players for the cup.

A lot depends on the Swansea result. If they beat Arsenal, then I think we will go all out for a defeat. If they lose I think we will be very compliant in our defeat. Of course, Spuds have the advantage of having a much worse goal difference than us.

Any hint of Jay being on the bench for this one? Surely if he's going to make an appearance the last home game of the season would make sense. Would be a cruel irony if his comeback was at the very ground he got injured in the first place.

If Hull win at Spuds, we beat Villa, QPR beat the bar codes at home, Leicester draw at Sunderland and they lose at Arsenal in midweek then all 5 teams will be on 37 or 38 points going into the final game how spooky would that be! Admittedly first two assumptions highly unlikely but these things have a funny way of happening in football, so we WILL WIN!!!! COYRS

A lot depends on the Swansea result. If they beat Arsenal, then I think we will go all out for a defeat. If they lose I think we will be very compliant in our defeat. Of course, Spuds have the advantage of having a much worse goal difference than us.

The Dalek comedy machine jumps the shark.

You am so funny I think I might wet my nick-nicks.

Hello Mods, wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Can you please please clean up this thread, it's embarrassing...

:blush::(

Thanks!

Think they did my post count has been cut................ it was only a bit of fun no offence intended :)

I hope we don't get a whole heap of players giving "we owe the fans a big performance" quotes this week, just do your talking on the pitch the next 2 games.

Davis

Clyne

Fonte

Toby

Bertrand

Wanyama

Reed

Djuricic

Mane

Long

Gallagher

I thought Reed fitted in well on Saturday - in that most of them weren't playing very well.

Same team as this weekend for me, except JWP for Davis (who has had one bad match too many) and Kelvin for Gazzaniga. Obviously I'd have Schneiderlin in for Reed if he's fit. But with a rocket up their collective ar5es please.

Edited by The9

Think they did my post count has been cut................ it was only a bit of fun no offence intended :)

I hope we don't get a whole heap of players giving "we owe the fans a big performance" quotes this week, just do your talking on the pitch the next 2 games.

Thanks mods!

No offence taken JBS. :)

I'm hoping the team are as excited as we are about the last home game of the season...

The team I'd like to see (assuming Morgan doesn't make it):

Gazza

Usual back 4

Reed Wanyama

JWP Mane Djuricic

Long

Djuricic deserves a start and I'd love to see Mane playing behind Long. Based on our current defensive form I'm not expecting to get anything from this game, but so long as we at least try to play positively and show some fight then I'll take that. No doubt it'll be Davis behind Pelle again though - has RK forgotten how well Long and Mane played in central positions against Chelsea...??

We will lose this one as the guys are concentrating on Europe. Their holiday bags are packed already.

2-1 villa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenal 0-1 Swansea in the 86th minute LOL

If we don't improve significantly we're not qualifying for Europe. End of story.

Swansea take the lead vs Arsenal :(

We've had our chances throughout the season and generally blown them, we are not good when it comes to the pressure games - not necessarily against the big teams, but the games where there is a bit riding on it. Spurs and Liverpool have given us more than enough chances to catch them and we've not been good enough.

You have to take your hat off to Swansea, big game, and they've coped much better than we ever could. Add to the fact that they are still giving their all for the cause, whilst we have been going through the motions for weeks.

I don't see us getting another point this season, Villa heading for Wembley, we're heading on holiday, no chance of getting anything from city either.

Bottom line, we had a great chance this season and blew it. I don't think we will have a better season for quite a few years now.